Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 27 Sep 2013, 16:45 (Ref:3310132)   #1
SpikerJack
Racer

Italy
SpikerJack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ELMS 2014

Calendar for next year..

Provisional 2014 European Le Mans Series Calendar
1/2 April Official Test Paul Ricard FRA
18/19 April Round 1 Silverstone GBR
10/11 May ** Round 2 Imola ITA
19/20 July Round 3 Red Bull Ring AUT
13/14 September Round 4 Paul Ricard FRA
11/12 October Round 5 Estoril PRT
** date to be confirmed
All dates are provisional and subject to confirmation

"Next year the race duration will increase from 3 hour to 4 hours at each of the five rounds and there will be an increase to 90 minutes from 60 minutes currently in each of the two Free Practice sessions"
Old 27 Sep 2013, 16:55 (Ref:3310136)   #2
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I wish they went to Brands Hatch or Donington instead of Silverstone.
Old 27 Sep 2013, 16:57 (Ref:3310138)   #3
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post
Probably safer and cheaper for the series to tag along to the WEC for that weekend.
Old 27 Sep 2013, 16:59 (Ref:3310139)   #4
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Probably safer and cheaper for the series to tag along to the WEC for that weekend.
I know, it just gets boring when so many series go to Silverstone. GBR has a lot of other great tracks.
Old 27 Sep 2013, 17:04 (Ref:3310140)   #5
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I know, it just gets boring when so many series go to Silverstone. GBR has a lot of other great tracks.
Not sure about the reasons behind not going to Donington, but Brands Hatch... I suspect all the full-noise days on the GP track are already booked, the track is under some quite insane noise restrictions.
Old 27 Sep 2013, 17:04 (Ref:3310142)   #6
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Glad it's back with Silverstone and they keep the double-header alive. That's going to be pretty essential viewing for UK fans with the Porsche debut to boot.
Old 27 Sep 2013, 17:22 (Ref:3310147)   #7
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Love to see them at Brands again . Group C was magic to watch there .
Old 27 Sep 2013, 17:48 (Ref:3310156)   #8
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Can't grumble about this at all. Swapping in Estoril at the end instead of Hungaroring feels relatively logical.

Agree with those in favour of the Silverstone double header - worked well this year and see no reason for it not to do so again next year.
Old 27 Sep 2013, 18:51 (Ref:3310179)   #9
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I know, it just gets boring when so many series go to Silverstone. GBR has a lot of great tracks.
/\ Fixed it for you. For the record, I agree though, but I can follow the double-header logic (even though I wish they'd run at the same time).
Old 27 Sep 2013, 18:53 (Ref:3310180)   #10
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The double header was a good idea, i liked it. It would be great a similar weekend a Spa.
Old 27 Sep 2013, 19:27 (Ref:3310190)   #11
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
One interesting element of the schedule that’s worth noting: The Estoril ELMS race is the same weekend that WEC is at Fuji.
Old 27 Sep 2013, 20:02 (Ref:3310198)   #12
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post
One interesting element of the schedule that’s worth noting: The Estoril ELMS race is the same weekend that WEC is at Fuji.
Interesting, although realistically I'm not sure there's likely to be that much cross series damage, and given time differences it makes for the possibility of a fantastic day of racing - much like we should get with Fuji/PLM this year.
Old 27 Sep 2013, 20:38 (Ref:3310214)   #13
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Combined 2014 schedule
Red = USCC
Blue = ELMS
Pink = WEC
Jan. 25-26 – Rolex 24 at Daytona
March 15 – Twelve Hours of Sebring

April 12 – Long Beach (Prototype and GTLM only)
April 18-20 – Silverstone
May 4 – Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
May 9-10 – Spa-Francorchamps
May 31 – Detroit Belle Isle (P, PC and GTD only)
June 1 – Le Mans Test Day
June 14-15 – 24 Hours of Le Mans
June 29 – Six Hours of The Glen
July 13 – Canadian Tire Motorsport Park
July 25 – Indianapolis Motor Speedway
August 10 – Road America
August 24 – Virginia International Raceway
August 29-31 – Sao Paulo (TBC)
September 20 – Circuit of The Americas
September 19-21 – Circuit of The Americas
October 4 – Petit Le Mans
October 10-12 – Fuji
October 31-November 1 – Shanghai
November 13-15 – Bahrain

**date to be confirmed

L.P.
Old 27 Sep 2013, 21:24 (Ref:3310230)   #14
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Combined 2014 schedule
Red = USCC
Blue = ELMS
Pink = WEC
Jan. 25-26 – Rolex 24 at Daytona
March 15 – Twelve Hours of Sebring

April 12 – Long Beach (Prototype and GTLM only)
April 18-20 – Silverstone
May 4 – Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
May 9-10 – Spa-Francorchamps
May 31 – Detroit Belle Isle (P, PC and GTD only)
June 1 – Le Mans Test Day
June 14-15 – 24 Hours of Le Mans
June 29 – Six Hours of The Glen
July 13 – Canadian Tire Motorsport Park
July 25 – Indianapolis Motor Speedway
August 10 – Road America
August 24 – Virginia International Raceway
August 29-31 – Sao Paulo (TBC)
September 20 – Circuit of The Americas
September 19-21 – Circuit of The Americas
October 4 – Petit Le Mans
October 10-12 – Fuji
October 31-November 1 – Shanghai
November 13-15 – Bahrain

**date to be confirmed

L.P.
The Spa / Imola conflict is a lot more serious to my eyes. It divides the viewing public first off - I'm lucky enough to be able to travel around Europe a bit, and both Spa and Bologna are great destinations I'm very fond of, doing both isn't a starter in the same weekend.

Secondly for an ambitious LMP2 squad who might want to maximise the pre Le Mans run up and potentially get a good degree of seat time it limits them.

Okay it's fine if the WEC is oversubscribed (chances of that?) but realistically I can't help thinking there'll be a few entrants out there shaking their heads at this one.

Would it have killed them to deconflict this?
Old 27 Sep 2013, 22:03 (Ref:3310239)   #15
Ginaro Zukovsky
Racer

Ginaro Zukovsky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wonder what's on a week later that's stopping them from moving the Imola date?
Old 27 Sep 2013, 22:19 (Ref:3310244)   #16
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Scheduling is a pretty thankless task but sometimes you do end up just scratching your head.

Similar one for me was last weekend and scheduling the AsLMS round at the same time as the CoTA double-header. Still can't fathom that.
Old 27 Sep 2013, 23:55 (Ref:3310276)   #17
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post
To make it more interesting the F1's are at Suzuka on the WEC Fuji weekend, I wouldn't have though the Japanese ASN or the FIA for that matter would want 2 big international events on the same weekend.
If Fuji TV are involved in the WEC coverage, they wouldn't want it either
Old 28 Sep 2013, 06:10 (Ref:3310323)   #18
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikerJack View Post
Calendar for next year..

Provisional 2014 European Le Mans Series Calendar
** date to be confirmed

"Next year the race duration will increase from 3 hour to 4 hours at each of the five rounds and there will be an increase to 90 minutes from 60 minutes currently in each of the two Free Practice sessions"
Estoril is a bit of an odd choice. I think it may be too tight of a circuit for the ELMS, especially with the enormous speed differences in each class. Portimao seems like a much more obvious choice to me if you are talking about Portugal.

Quote:
I completely agree. I've never been a big fan of Silverstone. Yes, it's absolutely steeped in history, but you can't deny it's flat as a pancake, there's no scenery, and it's about as soulful as a parking lot. Plus, it's gotten too technical and tedious over the years. Donington and Brands both have a great mix of topography and lots of greenery, which is always important to get a sense of speed and to provide a natural atmosphere for the racing.
Old 28 Sep 2013, 07:46 (Ref:3310342)   #19
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
Donington and Brands both have a great mix of topography and lots of greenery, which is always important to get a sense of speed and to provide a natural atmosphere for the racing.
Donington is a building site. Completely agree it's a good track (I'm going next weekend for British GT) - but it's also a bit soulless now after being gutted in pursuit of F1.

All the British tracks have history. And they've all hosted big sportscar events in the past. Only one has the facilities/garages/paddock suitable these days.

It's a shame as I think we'd all like to see a huge P1 battle flying down the Craner Curves or into Paddock Hill Bend.
Old 28 Sep 2013, 14:52 (Ref:3310420)   #20
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Been a while since I've been to Donington, but the ELMS guys seemed to put on a good show there last year. See the realities involved in doing it at Silverstone, and have no problem with this.

I'm hearing mutterings that the Imola/Spa conflict will be sorted by moving one of the dates, interestingly this in Autosport suggests that it might be the WEC which moves, which to my eyes would be a completely inexplicable decision.
Old 28 Sep 2013, 16:22 (Ref:3310436)   #21
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Been a while since I've been to Donington, but the ELMS guys seemed to put on a good show there last year. See the realities involved in doing it at Silverstone, and have no problem with this.

I'm hearing mutterings that the Imola/Spa conflict will be sorted by moving one of the dates, interestingly this in Autosport suggests that it might be the WEC which moves, which to my eyes would be a completely inexplicable decision.
I don't understand why the ACO/FIA releases a WEC calendar, then days later releases an ELMS one - then needs to tinker with the calendars. Why not just wait and get them both right? They run both series!!!!
Old 28 Sep 2013, 17:44 (Ref:3310455)   #22
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I don't understand why the ACO/FIA releases a WEC calendar, then days later releases an ELMS one - then needs to tinker with the calendars. Why not just wait and get them both right? They run both series!!!!
Precisely. You think they could collaborate a little bit... with themselves.

I've complained too much. It should be a good season next year. I hope we'll see some more GTC entries.
Old 28 Sep 2013, 22:48 (Ref:3310535)   #23
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...nce-20991.html

Signatech confirming they will be running as "Alpine" again for next year's season.
Old 28 Sep 2013, 22:57 (Ref:3310540)   #24
Intimidator
Rookie

Italy
Intimidator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post

in dailysportscar they say that the WEC calendar may change dates due to clashes with F1, not with ELMS. (Austin with Singapore and Fuji with Suzuka). In the ELMS calendar there's an "*" on the Imola event (date to be confirmed). I hope they will move the event one week later because I want to be at both Spa and Imola, plus it's no sense. Some ELMS teams would join the Spa race to prepare for LM like they have done this year. With this clash they won't be able to join
Old 28 Sep 2013, 22:58 (Ref:3310541)   #25
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...nce-20991.html

Signatech confirming they will be running as "Alpine" again for next year's season.
Good news given the changes in Renault exec management which had raised questions about the future of the Alpine engagement.

It's not the most convincing bit of rebadging we've ever seen, but they're a charismatic squad and for all they were a little low key at Ricard today, they're deserving champions and be great to see Alpine back next year.