Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 18 May 2002, 19:17 (Ref:289569)   #1
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Safety cars

Bizzare question I know but I noticed that during the Austrian GP the course cars (medical, safety etc) didn't have writing on the side. This surprised me, as before they were plastered with the FOA logo (the one that appears in the bottom left of your screen during the race and looks vaguely like this just without the bit at the bottom ) :

On closer inspection, I saw that they had the FIA-F1 logo on the bonnet (or hood), :

I also noticed in watching the F3k race from Brazil today (thank god they've gt the rights sorted for that at long last), that they didn't have the F1 logo on the side then.

The question is, why?

I'm guessing it may have something to do with the EU v. FIA/FOA fiasco, but am fairly bewildered. :confused:

OK, I must be doing something wrong, as those inks were meant to be images I'm sure you can look at them anyway!

Last edited by Asp; 18 May 2002 at 19:22.
Old 21 May 2002, 16:11 (Ref:291630)   #2
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't quite understand. Did you mean "Where is the FIA logo on the F3000s" because I don't see any reason why F3000 should have F1 logos on them.
Classic Eddie Irvine moments, #1
Interviewer: "Why has Schumacher got an odd shaped helmet?" Eddie: "Because he's German, he's got an odd shaped head"
Old 22 May 2002, 14:20 (Ref:292612)   #3
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
No - even on the F1 race they had the FIA logo, not the 'old' FOA logo

Also, they also use the same safety car in both F1 and F3000 - so last year they did have the F1 logo on.

Finally, the safety car still has in effect an F1 logo - just a different F1 logo.

It's difficult to understand - try watching the pace car at Monaco and then a picture of it from last year - hopefully there'll be a difference (unless they changed it again )
Old 2 Jun 2002, 17:46 (Ref:302882)   #4
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK

I thought I'd rebring this to the fore as I had the feeling that no-one could understand what I was on about (no change to normal, I know, but even so), and now I have photos so you may be able to understand me a bit more.

Firstly, a picture of the safety car with the old (FOA) logo
Attached Thumbnails
old sc.jpg  
Old 2 Jun 2002, 17:48 (Ref:302886)   #5
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
And here's the Safety car in action in Australia
Attached Thumbnails
new sc.jpg  

Last edited by Asp; 2 Jun 2002 at 17:49.
Old 2 Jun 2002, 17:51 (Ref:302889)   #6
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The safety car has an onboard camera!!

I take it this is for digital viewers?
Old 5 Jun 2002, 14:18 (Ref:305325)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, I've seen the footage from it. They also have a camera inside pointed at the driver.