Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 8 Sep 2002, 23:29 (Ref:375983)   #1
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bayliss: has he lost the plot?

I think Bayliss has cracked. He's stopped winning and currently doesn't look like beating edwards. Fair enough he was injured but today at assen he made loads of mistakes and he was almost on rails earlier in the year. What happened? Unless he pulls his finger out, Edwards will regain the crown.
Old 9 Sep 2002, 00:30 (Ref:376002)   #2
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah, Bayliss really did hit his low-point last night at Assen. He didn't do too bad in race one, still finishing second to Edwards, but he royally screwed up in race two.

Unless he really has a form reversal at Imola, Edwards could take this years crown.
Old 9 Sep 2002, 08:06 (Ref:376157)   #3
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it will be Edwards, he seems to have the better bike, and after Assen, seems to be riding better as well.

Had to feel for Neil Hodgson though
Old 9 Sep 2002, 08:25 (Ref:376174)   #4
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How will Ducati respond at Imola?? Can they build a quicker bike in two weeks? Do you reckon Frankie Chilli would have moved aside yesterday if Troy had stayed on?
Old 9 Sep 2002, 08:38 (Ref:376183)   #5
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
why is hodgson so hard to pass - surely if he is taking bayliss' position in 2003 ducati would have instructed hodgson to move over in both races when it was obvious that neil couldnt run with edwards..... great riding by edwards though - how fast is he...
Old 9 Sep 2002, 09:15 (Ref:376219)   #6
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Imola is a Ducati track, he will have a hand grenade that will last one lap more than required. He will still win the championship. He just needs to concentrate and focus. Edwards has improved - but then so has the Honda.
Old 9 Sep 2002, 09:46 (Ref:376240)   #7
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Assen was a Ducati track and look what happened there!
Old 9 Sep 2002, 09:48 (Ref:376243)   #8
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Imola is in Italy. No home town loss here. Besides I can't abide the idea of a Ducati loss.
Old 9 Sep 2002, 10:59 (Ref:376298)   #9
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Edwards is a tough nut and I reckon he will win the title. The Honda seems to be at least a match for the Duke now and Bayliss is not really impressing at the moment.
Old 9 Sep 2002, 13:11 (Ref:376415)   #10
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Edwards and Honda are looking formidable at the moment, and it will take a monumental effort by Troy and Ducati to turn around the points gap - it may only be one, but psychologically now, Edwards and Honda have the upper-hand.

Two things are now in Bayliss' advantage however - Imola is in Italy, so Ducati will pull something out of the bag, and it is always easier to chase rather than defend.

Imola looks set to be the best round of the season.
Old 9 Sep 2002, 13:57 (Ref:376469)   #11
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whats the bet there will be a ring in from Honda to ride as a rear gunner to Colin? Hayden? (has plenty of spare time), Tamada? (rumoured to be there next year)
Old 10 Sep 2002, 09:45 (Ref:377215)   #12
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
give hodgson a 2002 bike aswell - ducati are gonna lose the world title and it wont be troy bayliss' fault
Old 10 Sep 2002, 10:15 (Ref:377237)   #13
Airhead
Veteran

Hodgson is useless. He is just there to keep the Brits happy. Bayliss will win it without the help of Xaus (some help ah?) or Frankie (I like the old guys but really, you need more then an Italian passport to be taken seriously) or Hodgson (he ain't no Fogarty).
Old 11 Sep 2002, 19:44 (Ref:378215)   #14
moto1
Racer

moto1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hodgson is useless?!?
Oh yeah I forgot he's nowhere in the championship?
Imola is a Ducati track?
Who won the races last year?
Ok Xaus did but the Aprilia was **** hot in the second race!
Infact any V-twin goes good there, and the new Honda should prove it.
Come on people it's great to see ALL the riders in the current championship out there! It shows me what my bike is capable of in the right hands.
I think Edwards will win it, just to rub Honda's noses in it for not giving him a chance in the moto gp class. Ask Mr Rossi what he thinks of Edwards, he'll tell you!!!
And think of the money edwards will make winning it on a Honda and then taking it to Ducati, BIG bonus anyone?
Old 12 Sep 2002, 12:53 (Ref:378739)   #15
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Honda has come on in leaps and bounds since the first few rounds. Seems like the engineers assigned to the bike have been doing everything in their power to make it go out on a high. Not sure if it will be enough for to beat Ducati at home, but it will be good to find out what happens.

But I don't think Bayliss has lost the plot. Yes, he was a bit on the edge at Assen but when he got it all sorted beneath him in race 1 he was running smoothly. I haven't seen race 2 yet, so can't comment on that one yet.
Old 13 Sep 2002, 10:39 (Ref:379440)   #16
Airhead
Veteran

moto 1,

I don't mind that you love the Brits. But Hodgson is Mr Hot and Cold. And is usually useless.

For the Ducati faithful, Imola will see the return of balance and rightness to the world. Get 'emm Troy!
Old 17 Sep 2002, 01:31 (Ref:382055)   #17
moto1
Racer

moto1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I used to think Hodgson was a pussy that was after watching the Hockenheim race where he had the chance of taken the win but chucked it away(Foggy's teammate). Maybe he has it in him to win the championship but, not with Edwards as his teammate!!!
The only thing that will make Hodgson win more is the thought of all that money he'll get for race wins, he is after all one of the tightest people in the paddock!!!
I still think Edwards is a better rider and Ducati seem to think so too!!!
Old 17 Sep 2002, 07:14 (Ref:382158)   #18
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
I don't think anyone says Edwards is a bad rider, but to say Edwards is better than Bayliss takes some guts to say!

I think they both have great qualities as motorcycle riders.
Old 17 Sep 2002, 08:21 (Ref:382202)   #19
SPman
Rookie

New Zealand-Maori
West Australia
SPman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Colin has just got more focus and commitment at the moment
Old 24 Sep 2002, 12:27 (Ref:387230)   #20
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think they are both fairly even skills wise, just that Col has more geegees and a better balanced bike at the moment.
Old 24 Sep 2002, 12:54 (Ref:387257)   #21
Airhead
Veteran

No way baby...

Bayliss will win with true grit and devotion to the cause. Where the world of the evil Honda millions will amount to nothing against the desire of the latin fanatics.

Go Ducati - you have rid yourself of Fogarty the pretender, Bayliss will deliver the mother load.
Old 24 Sep 2002, 13:41 (Ref:387292)   #22
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
Looking forward to this weekend. It promises to be the best weekend of the year. The two juggernauts of the 2002 WSB season going head-to-head to see who can take the title.

Will it be the laid-back Aussie awaiting his destiny in the MotoGP in 2003?

Or will it be the workmanlike Yank who is switching to the Italian giant in 2003?

So many questions can be raised? Will Xaus be a factor? Can another rider upset the apple-cart?

The patriot in me says Bayliss to win it comfortably, but seeing the run of form Edwards has been in, it's worrying....
Old 25 Sep 2002, 11:29 (Ref:387972)   #23
SPman
Rookie

New Zealand-Maori
West Australia
SPman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aaah, but Colin does have an Australian connection in his past somewhere. Didnt he spend some of his early years in Aussie?
Decisions, decisions. 2 great riders, 2 great bikes - and Colin is ****ed off with Honda,so he wants to win the championship and then take the #1 plate to Ducati anyway.

Whatever, all being equal it should be a great pair of races - my money is still on Edwards.

:confused:
Old 28 Sep 2002, 05:30 (Ref:390369)   #24
rocket
Racer

rocket should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it might depend on wether ducati want to have the #1 plate next year on a bike???????????
Old 28 Sep 2002, 06:51 (Ref:390381)   #25
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
Ducati can either have #1 through Edwards winning but that will mean that Honda do win the title. And Ducati won't want that. Either way, they'll have two champions racing for them in 2003 - Bayliss in MotoGP or Edwards in WSB.