Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 19 May 2004, 21:33 (Ref:975899)   #1
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oh dear me......

Jaguar is running a new livery this weekend in partnership with the film Oceans Twelve.

Oh dear me.......what a hideous livery.

I was also reading in the papers the other day that the pitcrew will be wearing blue and white pit suits. Tragic.

Oh dear.

Oh dear me.

Almost as bad as the T3 Silverstone livery.
Attached Thumbnails
unveiling4jpg900952.jpg  
Old 19 May 2004, 21:34 (Ref:975900)   #2
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Hey, who is that lady?
Old 19 May 2004, 21:35 (Ref:975901)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Attached Thumbnails
unveiling5jpg90268.jpg  
Old 19 May 2004, 21:42 (Ref:975904)   #4
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oceans Twelve! What a lame title. And what a lame livery.

Nice girl though...
Old 19 May 2004, 21:43 (Ref:975906)   #5
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmmm, I think that livery looks just fine...well, at least with the young hottie sitting in front of it!

I notice the car has Dupont on the nose. Was that always there, or are they expecting something?...Dupont/Jeff Gordon, Jeff Gordon/Dupont, Jeff in the Jaguar paddock in Spain, mmm, the mind races!

Danica Patrick
Old 19 May 2004, 21:46 (Ref:975909)   #6
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Green... is... rapidly... dissapearing...
Old 19 May 2004, 21:46 (Ref:975910)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

It was always there......but hey, we can dream!
Old 19 May 2004, 21:58 (Ref:975915)   #8
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by The Monster
Hey, who is that lady?
It doesn't matter, I'm sure they'll sack her soon.

I read this 'launch' on Autosport. They really do get into their sponsors. Last year at Monaco they had a pink leaping Jaguar for the same sponsor that is partially making them go red this time. I wonder if the diamond company was going for such a tacky look?

They are also doing one of the film deals again (like Terminator and Bond before). So it is just the same sponsors again. With any look some movie stars might be in the pit lane - something for Jim to get excited about.

Still, I wonder if the red paint is lighter?

*I really am trying to hold back*

Last edited by Adam43; 19 May 2004 at 21:59.
Old 19 May 2004, 22:08 (Ref:975919)   #9
jj2728
Veteran

jj2728 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
the lady in question is supermodel bridget hall.....but, YIKES!!! that jaguar livery is atrocious.....almost had a seizure when i saw the photo.......
Old 19 May 2004, 22:34 (Ref:975938)   #10
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll take the girl pass on the car. One of the worst livieries I have ever seen. Shame on you Jagwah
Old 19 May 2004, 22:44 (Ref:975947)   #11
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Jaguar are seriously taking the **** with the classic british racing green...
Old 19 May 2004, 22:45 (Ref:975949)   #12
v8fan
Rookie

v8fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the girl is certainly the better looking of the two!
Old 19 May 2004, 22:58 (Ref:975963)   #13
dangeradam
Rookie

dangeradam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
geez get emotional people, F1 runs on money, car is ugly but team gets more money do the maths.
Old 19 May 2004, 23:05 (Ref:975969)   #14
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
But... it's sacrilege!!
Burn 'em i'd say!

BURN 'EM!!

Old 19 May 2004, 23:22 (Ref:975978)   #15
grumpy1
Veteran

grumpy1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Given the movie is set in Monarco and Jaguar supplied the cars for the flick its not surprising.The other bonus is a heap of cash to Jag.Its only for one event people.

The Grumpy1
Old 19 May 2004, 23:43 (Ref:975981)   #16
eatapc
Veteran

eatapc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The color isn't true British Racing Green -- which was considered sacrilegious when the Jag livery was introduced (changed from the Stewart white) -- so all the new stuff on it amounts to much ado about nothing. A real Jag (cool wheels excepted) in true colors:

Old 20 May 2004, 00:07 (Ref:975990)   #17
hgmonaro
Racer

hgmonaro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As a Webber fan, I've always had trouble spotting the Jag (on TV) in the run done to the 1st corner as it blends into everything else. So as long as Webbo sticks is on the 1st couple of rows, we'll be able to see him easily now!
Old 20 May 2004, 00:17 (Ref:975995)   #18
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Adam, the girl has been sacked. The peole taht sacked her have been sacked. The sackers of the sackers have been sacked.

It is now official: Everyone at Jaguar has been sacked except for Klein and Webber. Shan't be long now...
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 20 May 2004, 01:41 (Ref:976029)   #19
Homer Simpson
Rookie

Homer Simpson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by The Monster
Green... is... rapidly... dissapearing...
I take it you mean the color on the car.
Old 20 May 2004, 04:02 (Ref:976077)   #20
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Well maybe they are painting red on their cars because the ones at the front are red!!! I mean you only need to look at the "Blue Ferrari's" to know that colour makes ALL the difference!!!
Old 20 May 2004, 06:30 (Ref:976131)   #21
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The power of money... should we really be surprised about it?
Old 20 May 2004, 06:48 (Ref:976144)   #22
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
thats what its all about money.

But it does look pretty bad

maybe a splash of red is what all the teams need though ?
Old 20 May 2004, 06:51 (Ref:976146)   #23
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1
Given the movie is set in Monarco and Jaguar supplied the cars for the flick its not surprising.The other bonus is a heap of cash to Jag.Its only for one event people.

The Grumpy1
the movie is set all over Europe, earlier this week scenes where filmed in Haarlem,The Hague and Amsterdam.
Old 20 May 2004, 06:55 (Ref:976149)   #24
aussie_f3
Racer

Australia
Somewhere between here and there....
aussie_f3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
there is alot of red on the car....will it go faster???
Old 20 May 2004, 07:10 (Ref:976160)   #25
esorniloc
Veteran

esorniloc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Skam85
Well maybe they are painting red on their cars because the ones at the front are red!!! I mean you only need to look at the "Blue Ferrari's" to know that colour makes ALL the difference!!!
Didn't Surtees win the F1 world championship in a Ferrari painted blue?