Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 28 Nov 2005, 17:55 (Ref:1472329)   #1
grandprixdiary
Racer

grandprixdiary should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has Jenson lost the plot ?

Considering he has just signed a multi-squillion dollar contract to stay with Honda, Jenson Button is doing a good impression of somebody desperate for money. Button is the latest 'celebrity' to be enticed into the ranks of those willing to make themselves look like complete idiots, by recording video cards for sad individuals to send each other via mobile 'phone. Purveyors of quality ringtones and other such products, Celebrity Messages.com ( http://www.celebritymessages.com/pro...st.aspx?cid=11 ) features a selection of clips of the winless wonder saying things like ‘Sorry’ and ‘Merry Christmas’ for people who are too stupid to do it themselves but would rather pay a stranger £4.50 to do it for them.

I looked, but could not see any entitled ‘I’m dumping you at the aisle love’ or ‘Contract ? What contract ?’. OK - We know JB owes Sir Frank Williams a few quid and that mooring fees in Monaco can be a bit prohibitive but this venture is right up there with Michael ‘I’m worth it’ Schumacher's L’Oreal advert…

Rob
Old 28 Nov 2005, 17:57 (Ref:1472331)   #2
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Keeps some people happy, where's the harm in it?
Old 28 Nov 2005, 18:00 (Ref:1472341)   #3
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't see why Jenson owes Frank anything. Frank and Williams are a difficult team to work for, and he was originaly promised a seat at Williams for 2002 or 3, as he would have to leave for a year or two when he left in 2000 but never got that promise.

However Williams do look strong next year and IMO will be better than BAR.
Old 28 Nov 2005, 18:03 (Ref:1472344)   #4
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke
I don't see why Jenson owes Frank anything.

He doesn't owe him anything morally, but he does actually owe him several million pounds as part of his contract being torn up
Old 28 Nov 2005, 18:05 (Ref:1472345)   #5
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't see the point of this thread, apart from the old "let's bash this driver" song.
Old 28 Nov 2005, 18:07 (Ref:1472348)   #6
grandprixdiary
Racer

grandprixdiary should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
Keeps some people happy, where's the harm in it?

Fair point, but it smacks of greed and although F1 drivers are mobile adverts this new phenomenon is tacky. Hard to imagine the likes of Ayrton Senna lowering themselves to this level. For what it will earn him , is it really worth it ?

Rob
Old 28 Nov 2005, 18:09 (Ref:1472349)   #7
Kicking-back
Veteran

Boosts profile and earns money.

Greed is in the eye of the beholder.

I 100% agree with Bononi's comments.
Old 28 Nov 2005, 18:11 (Ref:1472352)   #8
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
ditto - closed!