Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 8 Apr 2016, 03:03 (Ref:3631105)   #451
BackSeat Driver
Racer

BackSeat Driver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well buggar me!

I assumed after the "Simon Evans wins NZTC championship" that that was the end of it - but obviously not!
Old 8 Apr 2016, 04:19 (Ref:3631111)   #452
Racenut7
Veteran

Racenut7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
I thought the season finished ages ago.

But no! It would seem there is an event on at Pukekohe next weekend! Has anyone actually entered?
To my knowledge, about 6 class one cars and 4 class two cars have entered. Thats not including the #22 Heimgartner entry that would need a replacement driver for pukekohe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackSeat Driver View Post
I assumed after the "Simon Evans wins NZTC championship" that that was the end of it - but obviously not!
Evans won Class one title and Cooley won class two title.
My Favourite 08 moment was when Courtney/Besnard comeback drive at Bathurst. Courtney raced through to dominate the opening stint had 15 sec. gap to Lowndes who was in 2nd. In the 2nd stint a slowly deflating tyre (originally diagnosed as a damaged anti-roll bar) slowed Besnard's stint in Courtney's car allowing Whincup to assert dominance over the field rest of the race. On lap 160 S.Richards, fading badly on rear tyres was unable to stop Courtney move into 3rd place.
Old 8 Apr 2016, 04:56 (Ref:3631116)   #453
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
That'll be a grand show then
Old 8 Apr 2016, 05:21 (Ref:3631121)   #454
Racenut7
Veteran

Quote:
It doesn't help that V8SC at Phillip Island is on the same weekend either.
My Favourite 08 moment was when Courtney/Besnard comeback drive at Bathurst. Courtney raced through to dominate the opening stint had 15 sec. gap to Lowndes who was in 2nd. In the 2nd stint a slowly deflating tyre (originally diagnosed as a damaged anti-roll bar) slowed Besnard's stint in Courtney's car allowing Whincup to assert dominance over the field rest of the race. On lap 160 S.Richards, fading badly on rear tyres was unable to stop Courtney move into 3rd place.
Old 8 Apr 2016, 05:23 (Ref:3631122)   #455
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Hi GB,

Surprise surprise, not only is the final New Zealand V8 Touring Car Championship on as it was scheduled, but there are 6 V8 Supertourers and 5 TLX cars entered, 2 invitation V8 BMW's and 11 TL cars, so some great V8 Touring car racing next next weekend at Pukekohe Park.

15 V8 Utes should also provide spills and thrills, as will the Super truck's no doubt

A full field of 30 Actyon Sport Race utes will also do battle for the season honours.

Whilst the GT Class 1 and 2 car's will also provide some great racing.

So, weather permitting, it should be a great weekend of top class New Zealand motor racing.
Old 8 Apr 2016, 06:00 (Ref:3631126)   #456
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
That does sound good then. I like the sound of the V8 BMW's, would they be M3's then?
Old 8 Apr 2016, 06:46 (Ref:3631131)   #457
Racenut7
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petch View Post
Hi GB,

Surprise surprise, not only is the final New Zealand V8 Touring Car Championship on as it was scheduled, but there are 6 V8 Supertourers and 5 TLX cars entered, 2 invitation V8 BMW's and 11 TL cars, so some great V8 Touring car racing next next weekend at Pukekohe Park.
Really Mark? thats weird as only 10 TL cars have competed all season and 11 going to turn up at Pukekohe, WOW.

Are you able to post the NZTC entry lists to see the quality of drivers racing at Pukekohe?
Old 8 Apr 2016, 22:45 (Ref:3631322)   #458
Mark Petch
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racenut7 View Post
Really Mark? thats weird as only 10 TL cars have competed all season and 11 going to turn up at Pukekohe, WOW.

Are you able to post the NZTC entry lists to see the quality of drivers racing at Pukekohe?
Hi Racenut,

I don't have a final entry list as of yet, however I understand that Steve Taylor has entered his TL car, as well as Jamie Gaskin, Brendon Murphy, Rob Wallace, and Dave Dovey, with the possibility of Brad Lauder and one other. Then there are all the regular TL competitors that have run on and off this season.

So a minimum of ten TL's class 2 cars confirmed, 11 Class1 cars and 2 BMW M3 V8's one of them being Andrew Nuggets awesome new GTR replica.

Should be good racing and a real mixture of different engine exhaust notes should also add to the sound of the car's.
Old 9 Apr 2016, 00:16 (Ref:3631332)   #459
Racenut7
Veteran

Quote:
Hi Racenut,

I don't have a final entry list as of yet, however I understand that Steve Taylor has entered his TL car, as well as Jamie Gaskin, Brendon Murphy, Rob Wallace, and Dave Dovey, with the possibility of Brad Lauder and one other. Then there are all the regular TL competitors that have run on and off this season.

So a minimum of ten TL's class 2 cars confirmed, 11 Class1 cars and 2 BMW M3 V8's one of them being Andrew Nuggets awesome new GTR replica.

Should be good racing and a real mixture of different engine exhaust notes should also add to the sound of the car's.
BTW i appreciate you sharing this information but i still can't see 5 TLX's cause i can count 4 as the Scott Taylor's Toyota is in Aust.

Nick Ross Nissan
Lance Hughes Holden
Tom Alexander Holden
Sam Barry Toyota
Old 9 Apr 2016, 03:15 (Ref:3631371)   #460
Mark Petch
Veteran

Quote:
BTW i appreciate you sharing this information but i still can't see 5 TLX's cause i can count 4 as the Scott Taylor's Toyota is in Aust.

Nick Ross Nissan
Lance Hughes Holden
Tom Alexander Holden
Sam Barry Toyota
I think you may have over looked Nick Ross second car, his VE Commodore leased to Mclauglan.

So 5 TLX's and 6 V8ST cars in class 1.
Old 9 Apr 2016, 07:19 (Ref:3631399)   #461
Racenut7
Veteran

Yea i forgot about the old Nick Ross Holden

So does this pretty much looks like the Pukekohe NZTC Entry list.
Old 9 Apr 2016, 08:16 (Ref:3631407)   #462
Racenut7
Veteran

TYPO on the post (#463) above #51 should be Holden not Nissan.
Old 9 Apr 2016, 08:16 (Ref:3631408)   #463
Mark Petch
Veteran

Quote:
Yea i forgot about the old Nick Ross Holden

So does this pretty much looks like the Pukekohe NZTC Entry list.

Thats a provisional list of competitors and I note that it does not show Tony Anderson in the ex Andy Booth AV8 V8ST, or John Midgley in the ex SVG Falcon V8ST, both of whom are now confirmed.
Old 10 Apr 2016, 07:09 (Ref:3631641)   #464
Racenut7
Veteran

Quote:
Hi Mark

I am familar with Steve Taylor, Gaskin, B.Murphy from NZV8s last year and Dovey in NIES. Is Rob Wallace the guy from Production Muscle Cars who races the #33 Torana.

Old 12 Apr 2016, 02:03 (Ref:3631994)   #465
Racenut7
Veteran

Quote:
Hi Racenut,

Hey Mark, I just got told that Nugent and Mortimer has pulled out of the NZTC entry list.
Old 12 Apr 2016, 07:10 (Ref:3632024)   #466
BlueBlood
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
BlueBlood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Plus one more

The NZ Touring Cars will have a host of new and returning faces this weekend, one of which will be Central Muscle Cars racer John Midgley.

Midgley will drive the ex-Shane van Gisbergen Ford Falcon at Pukekohe Park Raceway on his series debut.

http://velocitynews.co.nz/news.php?id=305
Old 12 Jul 2016, 06:08 (Ref:3658462)   #467
MarcosAmbroseFan
Racer

New Zealand
Hamilton
MarcosAmbroseFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another TLX-spec car could get back on the NZTC grid, ex-Varney TLX Ford

http://www.v8superfans.co.nz/?p=13326
Old 13 Jul 2016, 08:51 (Ref:3658656)   #468
pukekoheracer
Racer

pukekoheracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcosAmbroseFan View Post
Another TLX-spec car could get back on the NZTC grid, ex-Varney TLX Ford

http://www.v8superfans.co.nz/?p=13326
Hasn't one of the Toyotas gone to Australia along with its owner. So that might make the n
umbers the same or less wouldn't it?
Old 13 Jul 2016, 09:19 (Ref:3658661)   #469
Starter123
Rookie

New Zealand
Tauranga/Taupo
Starter123 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think you will see another Toyota emerge....
Old 13 Jul 2016, 09:22 (Ref:3658662)   #470
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Who knows - I have to say that GT/Enduro racing is where it is now at.
Old 14 Jul 2016, 08:31 (Ref:3658781)   #471
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pukekoheracer View Post
Hasn't one of the Toyotas gone to Australia along with its owner. So that might make the n
umbers the same or less wouldn't it?
yep

and yep
Old 14 Jul 2016, 11:06 (Ref:3658803)   #472
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
yep

and yep
Nice raceshop!
Old 17 Jul 2016, 20:22 (Ref:3659270)   #473
MRXtreme
Rookie

New Zealand
Hamilton
MRXtreme should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://youtu.be/lY31eZt0pcc

A very nice set up at STM.
Old 17 Jul 2016, 21:25 (Ref:3659284)   #474
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Just like Matchbox cars, eh?
Old 5 Jan 2017, 07:50 (Ref:3700263)   #475
MarcosAmbroseFan
Racer

New Zealand
Hamilton
MarcosAmbroseFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can anyone confirm what Bob Murray said is true that the NZTC/Speedworks Events weekend at Taupo late last year had free buses coming from Downtown Taupo to the circuit?

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/motorsport...ectid=11769899