Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 3 Feb 2018, 05:51 (Ref:3797928)   #476
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Why are the commentators spruiking bulltish during the shootout??

Sound is now off, but I miss the car sound.

They are talking like we cant see the screen.

Fix please.
It's a radio call?
Old 3 Feb 2018, 05:56 (Ref:3797930)   #477
venturi
Racer

Australia
venturi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridventuri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mega lap by Mostert, smooth and fast, well done BMW
Old 3 Feb 2018, 05:56 (Ref:3797931)   #478
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
well done Chaz, P1 in the shoot out. 2.01.934.
Old 3 Feb 2018, 05:57 (Ref:3797932)   #479
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah, that was a great session! Congrats to Mostert and BMW!
Old 3 Feb 2018, 06:01 (Ref:3797933)   #480
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
It's a radio call?
Its on local teev, #7MATE....

Talking about contracts and Asian series and Le Mans when some of the fastest cars and drivers in the world are going 10/10ths and they are almost ignoring them til the last sector.

Well done to Schnitzer & Mr Mostert... please won’t someone buy him a racesuit that fits....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 3 Feb 2018, 06:01 (Ref:3797934)   #481
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
And thanks to the Aussies for scraping themselves off the ground at 5am to start this race. I can only assume that's so that it is a perfect viewing time in the US.

This is also the easiest event for me to watch all year. There are multiple legitimate ways for me to cast or listen and they are all reliable streams.
Old 3 Feb 2018, 06:02 (Ref:3797935)   #482
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:

Talking about contracts and Asian series and Le Mans when some of the fastest cars and drivers in the world are going 10/10ths and they are almost ignoring them til the last sector.

Well done to Schnitzer & Mr Mostert... please won’t someone buy him a racesuit that fits....
Is it just an inexperience in calling shoot outs, Not sure how its works OS
Old 3 Feb 2018, 06:04 (Ref:3797936)   #483
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:

Do you get the same call with Hindy and Craill?
Old 3 Feb 2018, 06:04 (Ref:3797937)   #484
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

The distinct lack of Crompton-isms is a refreshing change, no?
Old 3 Feb 2018, 06:06 (Ref:3797938)   #485
venturi
Racer

Australia
venturi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridventuri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Do you get the same call with Hindy and Craill?
Yup.
Old 3 Feb 2018, 06:07 (Ref:3797940)   #486
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by venturi View Post
Yup.
Ok cool, well I listened to most of it on the radio so I'm thankful for the descriptions!
Old 3 Feb 2018, 06:17 (Ref:3797941)   #487
venturi
Racer

Australia
Quote:
Ok cool, well I listened to most of it on the radio so I'm thankful for the descriptions!
I didn't have any problems with the call either, but I watch a lot of endurance sportscar racing so I like the style of Hindy and co.
Old 3 Feb 2018, 06:24 (Ref:3797942)   #488
GriffM3
Racer

United States
Houston, TX
GriffM3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Go BMW!!!!
Old 3 Feb 2018, 06:31 (Ref:3797943)   #489
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
I didn't have any problems with the call either, but I watch a lot of endurance sportscar racing so I like the style of Hindy and co.
I'm the same in that I listen to radio call over the TV, including football and baseball too.
Old 3 Feb 2018, 06:47 (Ref:3797944)   #490
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
And thanks to the Aussies for scraping themselves off the ground at 5am to start this race. I can only assume that's so that it is a perfect viewing time in the US.

This is also the easiest event for me to watch all year. There are multiple legitimate ways for me to cast or listen and they are all reliable streams.
I hope I can make it thru the end tomorrow. Did "okay' for quali....

No way I'd make a 540 start. Ever. But it's perfect timing for us and for the past 4 years, hands down, the easiest race weekend to get coverage for, including all support races. It's briliant! Looking forward to it!
Old 3 Feb 2018, 06:58 (Ref:3797946)   #491
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Full Liqui-Moly Bathurst 12 Hour starting grid

49 starters assuming injured cars are ok

would be great to watch the 100 come through then field from ROG at the track.
Old 3 Feb 2018, 07:10 (Ref:3797947)   #492
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Blow an engine, replace a chassis?

Is the #32 still alive after stopping at the side of the road in Q2?
Old 3 Feb 2018, 07:11 (Ref:3797948)   #493
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
The distinct lack of Crompton-isms is a refreshing change, no?
Change is good, but please watch the racetrack... so many driving errors in the top 10 ignored...
Old 3 Feb 2018, 07:16 (Ref:3797950)   #494
venturi
Racer

Australia
2018 Bathurst 12 hour pole lap - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXKdZM5goh0
Old 3 Feb 2018, 07:23 (Ref:3797951)   #495
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Change is good, but please watch the racetrack... so many driving errors in the top 10 ignored...
i went back and watched Scotts pole lap from the 1000 and yes while there are the Cromptomisms and skaifeisms there is a lot of talk about the lap compared to above link where they didnt even really mention the lap until the chase, apart from lap times. and then straight into interview

Scott's 1000 lap

still suggesting it might be lack of experience on calling shoot outs
Old 3 Feb 2018, 07:30 (Ref:3797952)   #496
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:

Car swap rescues Bowe’s 12 Hour return
Old 3 Feb 2018, 07:32 (Ref:3797953)   #497
venturi
Racer

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
i went back and watched Scotts pole lap from the 1000 and yes while there are the Cromptomisms and skaifeisms there is a lot of talk about the lap compared to above link where they didnt even really mention the lap until the chase, apart from lap times. and then straight into interview
It's endurance racing and a different style of commentary, and don't forget it's a radio call as well.

I also like Crompton and Skaife's V8 commentary, they do a great job of describing the lap from a racers perspective.

Doesn't make one better than the other, just different.

Last edited by venturi; 3 Feb 2018 at 07:37.
Old 3 Feb 2018, 07:59 (Ref:3797958)   #498
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Agreed. The RLM team need to call it with respect to their radio/audio stream as well.
Old 3 Feb 2018, 08:01 (Ref:3797960)   #499
Umai Naa
Veteran

Quote:

As Mr Bowe pointed out in the media, there's several years difference in the two chassis, meaning that it's less of a risk time-wise, to simply prep and sticker the McMillan car, as opposed to hoping that the Garnter car's electrics will talk to the much newer engine.

Based on the pace of the two other REX-spec cars in the field, it should offer them a greater turn of speed.
Old 3 Feb 2018, 08:08 (Ref:3797961)   #500
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
It's endurance racing and a different style of commentary, and don't forget it's a radio call as well.

I also like Crompton and Skaife's V8 commentary, they do a great job of describing the lap from a racers perspective.

Doesn't make one better than the other, just different.
so wouldnt the radio people, who have no visual, want to know more about the lap, or do they just want to know bits of trivia. the first the radio audience would ahve even know Chas had started his lap was 50 seconds into it, thats a massive failure for radio people

When i listen to the tennis or cricket to the radio they tell me information about every shot as it happens

Last edited by peckstar; 3 Feb 2018 at 08:15.