Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What score do you give the Monaco Grand Prix?
10 1 1.39%
9 1 1.39%
8 13 18.06%
7 21 29.17%
6 14 19.44%
5 8 11.11%
4 7 9.72%
3 4 5.56%
2 0 0%
1 3 4.17%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 26 May 2013, 13:33 (Ref:3253410)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the race: Monaco Grand Prix

What score do you give it?
Old 26 May 2013, 14:42 (Ref:3253459)   #2
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
4 For a Boring 3/4 of the race and the GP2 crash kids. But Sutil saved it from being a terrible race with his awesome overtaking into the Hairpin. Also I loved the result, glad to see Nico win at Monaco 30 years after his father.
Old 26 May 2013, 14:43 (Ref:3253460)   #3
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
7 for me.

Some nice moves, some bad ones, and the restart gave it some more life.
Old 26 May 2013, 14:43 (Ref:3253461)   #4
Lazyking
Rookie

United States
Lazyking should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
5. First full F1 race in a long time. The spectacle of the event wears off when you realize you can't overtake/pass. No one had anything for Rosberg. Tire management is lame ; even if you can go longer on the tires, you can't push it all out every lap until a certain point.
Old 26 May 2013, 14:47 (Ref:3253466)   #5
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
6. The cars must slow down to keep tyres, is this really a race ?
Old 26 May 2013, 14:49 (Ref:3253468)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think, you know... it's Monaco so I give the race seven points straight off the bat. It is a wonderful circuit.

There was some good action.

DRS was pretty much neutralised.

Tyres on the face of it seemed a disaster, but I wonder in this case if it was the drivers being more careful than they really needed to be

Overall, a 9 I think.
Old 26 May 2013, 15:13 (Ref:3253481)   #7
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
5 for me.

Some interesting things happened, but this races preserving tyres from the start to the end it's not my thing... Come on, even VDG was a whole second faster than Rosberg at some point before the first pìt stop.
Old 26 May 2013, 15:43 (Ref:3253494)   #8
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Six. I love Monaco, it is just an amazing thing to watch, but at the same time it is almost impossible to pass.
Old 26 May 2013, 15:43 (Ref:3253495)   #9
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's always hard to know what to give Monaco due to the nature of the race. I have seen better and worse in the past. The first SC of the season and a Red flag, some great overtaking from Sutil and some not so great overtaking from Perez. Kimi still managing to get in the points, just one race behind Schumi's record and history being made, with Nico winning 30 years after his dad Keke, so just for that 6.
Old 26 May 2013, 16:29 (Ref:3253515)   #10
GTE
Rookie

Netherlands
GTE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Monaco isn't suitable for modern F1. For me, the track can be scrapped, although that will never happen. I gave it a 4.
Old 26 May 2013, 17:16 (Ref:3253534)   #11
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
7. One of the more interesting Monaco GPs of the century.
Old 26 May 2013, 17:53 (Ref:3253553)   #12
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm sorry

But any race where the Worodl Champion is making a point on the last lap and goes 2 seconds a lap quicker than anyone else is pathetic

Sort it out FIA, this is complete and utter garbage

Pirelli are being made to look very dumb with this Mercedes thing after SPain, and this makes it look even worse.

I want to watch a race, not a reliability trial thanks, I'll leave that stuff for the old blokes in MG's

Awful advert for F1 and motorsport in general I'm afraid
Old 26 May 2013, 18:07 (Ref:3253561)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
5. Not much to say about that really.
Old 26 May 2013, 18:14 (Ref:3253564)   #14
NPP
Racer

Germany
Germany and UK
NPP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
only got to see the BBC highlights but it seemed like a bit of a joke. These last two races haven't really been very good at all.
Old 26 May 2013, 19:49 (Ref:3253622)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Never mind - someone thinks that as Monaco GPs go, that was as good as it gets........
Old 26 May 2013, 19:53 (Ref:3253626)   #16
Lazyking
Rookie

United States
Lazyking should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Never mind - someone thinks that as Monaco GPs go, that was as good as it gets........
Either that or Nico Rosberg posts here
Old 26 May 2013, 20:00 (Ref:3253628)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
That must be it!
Old 26 May 2013, 20:04 (Ref:3253635)   #18
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
A 4 from me - I absolutely love the Monaco race but this one was far too much about tooling round & preserving tyres at the front. Some good stuff further back but it doesn't make up for the lack of a race at the pointy end.
Old 26 May 2013, 20:05 (Ref:3253636)   #19
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I just watched the Indy 500. Can I change my vote for this race to a 1?
Old 26 May 2013, 20:37 (Ref:3253652)   #20
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
In some ways it was better than many Monaco races from an action point of view, but in others it was worse (the endless cruising, as opposed to pushing it). For me, the major reason I like Monaco is knowing the drivers are on the edge around such an immense driving challenge; today, well, for the most part, they just weren't.

It still kept me interested, though.

I think a 7 is fair.
Old 26 May 2013, 20:54 (Ref:3253661)   #21
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Find myself in the unusual position of mostly agreeing with Chunder

Gave it a 6, mainly for some gutsy overtaking from the Force Indias, and Kimi's out-psyching of the Hulk and Bottas to get back in the points! (And his reported comment about Perez!)
Old 26 May 2013, 21:12 (Ref:3253669)   #22
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
It probably deserved a 6, but I gave it a 7 because the circuit is such a great challenge and I actually quite enjoyed the race as it turned out.
Old 27 May 2013, 00:08 (Ref:3253739)   #23
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A race that featured rookies at the helm....
Old 27 May 2013, 00:27 (Ref:3253744)   #24
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Its really just a high speed traffic jam.
Old 27 May 2013, 01:48 (Ref:3253756)   #25
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And if wasn't Monaco it would be half that