Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 30 Apr 2010, 16:58 (Ref:2682284)   #326
MattGreen
Rookie

United Kingdom
London
MattGreen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Immensely looking forward to next weekend - probably because it's only a 45 odd minute drive away.
Old 4 May 2010, 12:30 (Ref:2684234)   #327
snowen250
Veteran

snowen250 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Really looking forward to this event, is there anywhere i can find the entry list?
Old 4 May 2010, 21:00 (Ref:2684479)   #328
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowen250 View Post
Really looking forward to this event, is there anywhere i can find the entry list?

PM me your email address and I'll scan the list in and email it to you......
Old 5 May 2010, 06:34 (Ref:2684634)   #329
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattGreen View Post
Immensely looking forward to next weekend - probably because it's only a 45 odd minute drive away.

I'll not be able to get over there,but I hope you have a really good time,keep an eye on Simon for me,you know what these race driver types are like!
Get this one done and its only another three signatures!
Old 5 May 2010, 10:48 (Ref:2684718)   #330
skentellytubby
Racer

United Kingdom
Manchester
skentellytubby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
I'll not be able to get over there,but I hope you have a really good time,keep an eye on Simon for me,you know what these race driver types are like!
Ha ha, you're off the hook until Silverstone (June 4th) Matt!

I'm planning my year carefully so I've elected against Brands.

I'm aiming for 2 signatures at Equipe GTS (giving 3) then CSCC Cadwell 24th July (4) then HSCC Guards at Oulton Park (5) plus flag marshalling at HSCC Silverstone on the 16th May (6)

Now, do I go for an International Historic or a National A?? What's the difference chaps?
Old 5 May 2010, 10:54 (Ref:2684724)   #331
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Unless you are traveling outside of the EU or you want to do the Le Mans Classic, I suspect you'll be fine with Nat A. FWIW I've never seen the point of the Int Hist. I was running with an Int C but because I'm off the scene for most of this year I just downgraded to a Nat A.
Old 5 May 2010, 16:12 (Ref:2684872)   #332
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skentellytubby View Post
Ha ha, you're off the hook until Silverstone (June 4th) Matt!

I'm planning my year carefully so I've elected against Brands.

I'm aiming for 2 signatures at Equipe GTS (giving 3) then CSCC Cadwell 24th July (4) then HSCC Guards at Oulton Park (5) plus flag marshalling at HSCC Silverstone on the 16th May (6)

Now, do I go for an International Historic or a National A?? What's the difference chaps?
That will largely depend on when you plan to do Spa?
Old 5 May 2010, 16:26 (Ref:2684881)   #333
skentellytubby
Racer

United Kingdom
Manchester
Hmm! The 'plan' is to do fewer races next year but concentrate on quality like Spa. It is the best track in the world after all..

Maybe some ADAC etc
Old 5 May 2010, 19:32 (Ref:2684969)   #334
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Then go the quick route,five signatures and you get rid of the cross,quicker way to your Int C.
Old 5 May 2010, 20:01 (Ref:2684996)   #335
skentellytubby
Racer

United Kingdom
Manchester
Okidoke. And an Int C requires what signatures? What will it allow me to do. I know it's all in the blue book but I can't quite make out exactly what it's saying!
Old 6 May 2010, 04:50 (Ref:2685128)   #336
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It allows you to race in any FIA country provided you comply with that country's rule book. You can do major European international events (graded lower than "B", "A" or Superlicence).

However I believe that the EU rules mean you can also do major international events within the EU on a Nat A. This includes the Spa 6hrs and the Oldtimer/Youngtimer events at Nurburgring.
Old 9 May 2010, 17:56 (Ref:2687385)   #337
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
DaveGT6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Enjoyed a great weekend with the CSCC at Brands Hatch and thoroughly enjoyed the Classic K event. Whilst not achieving great result I was happy to bring the car home safely in its second event. Fantastic battle at the sharp end of the grid was won by Tom Smith in the MGB. As far as I am aware several cars were picked up in parc ferme for irregularities and I believe that these were addressed. Oh and Tom's car was thoroughly checked over including having the head removed and was declared legal. The car was present at the awards ceremony in case anyone wanted to further cast an eye over it.

So two good events so far, reasonable grids, a great mix of cars and as far as I can see a real desire to enforce the regs. I stongly suggest that if you have an eligible car you come along and give it a try.
Old 10 May 2010, 07:47 (Ref:2687730)   #338
Teddington Ted
Racer

Teddington Ted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was at Brands on Saturday to see the Classic K race. It certainly seemed to attract a good mix of cars.

The race was excellent. I stood on the inside of Druids and worked out why Tom Smith wins..............talent. His car control is stunning.

Mark
Old 10 May 2010, 08:00 (Ref:2687736)   #339
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
an ECG... which is about £300. Unless you are planning to race at Le Mans Classic or outside of Europe you are stark raving mad to have an international licence...
Old 10 May 2010, 08:02 (Ref:2687738)   #340
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
That will largely depend on when you plan to do Spa?
what do you mean by that Terry - surely as a European meeting a National A licence is sufficient. If you know differently I would appreciate you telling us as I am racing at Spa on a Nat A
Old 10 May 2010, 08:54 (Ref:2687765)   #341
MattGreen
Rookie

United Kingdom
London
MattGreen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
We survived the rain and got our signatures. Job Done!

We were doing quite well in the appalling rain, but a few extra pit-stops to solve a completely misted screen - to say I couldn't see anything is probably the biggest understatement of the year - curtailed our progress, but otherwise we stayed out of trouble.

I can also attest to Tom Smith's driving... the way he drifted around the outside of me at paddock hill bend (in those conditions) was pretty unreal.
Old 10 May 2010, 09:25 (Ref:2687779)   #342
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble View Post
an ECG... which is about £300. Unless you are planning to race at Le Mans Classic or outside of Europe you are stark raving mad to have an international licence...
they saw you coming! mine was £100 medical the lot
Old 10 May 2010, 09:33 (Ref:2687783)   #343
simon drabble
Veteran

a full ECG and Medical for £100 is a bargain.. you must quietly tell me where that is!!
Old 10 May 2010, 12:18 (Ref:2687878)   #344
skentellytubby
Racer

United Kingdom
Manchester
Any photos of Brands??
Old 10 May 2010, 13:22 (Ref:2687940)   #345
Paul999
Rookie

England
Bucks
Paul999 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some here!

http://david-stallard.smugmug.com/Pe...62376608_gvrsT
Old 10 May 2010, 15:06 (Ref:2688001)   #346
iconway
Rookie

England
London
iconway should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If someone can advise as to how to post them, I'll stick on a few Classic K pics taken from Paddock and Druids. The conditions were miserable but the racing was as close as ever and highly entertaining!
Old 16 May 2010, 08:39 (Ref:2691331)   #347
iconway
Rookie

England
London
Matt, re pictures from Brands, hopefully clicking on the picture will take you to the album on Picasa (titled CSCC Brands Hatch 2010)...

If not, will post the link to the album instead!
Old 17 May 2010, 13:38 (Ref:2692526)   #348
iconway
Rookie

England
London
Well, that didn't work, so here's the link: http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/iconwa...andsHatch2010#

Got about 50 pics, some in the paddock but mostly action shots from Paddock/Druids. Enjoy!