Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 29 Nov 2009, 19:28 (Ref:2591342)   #51
Podd37
Racer

Ireland
Dublin
Podd37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Short answer, stop moaning and organise your own series.

Derwent does and may be qualified. For the rest of us I'd say support them if you want to race, but for the love of god stop bleating about membership costs and entry fees. It's as tedious as the cheating stuff.

Couldn't agree more Peter. Here is a club offering all the folk moaning about cheating somewhere to go that will, if my experience of the CSCC is anything to go by, do exactly what it says, in this case give app k cars a well run, well scrutineered place to play. Go join them folks and then see if its any good. I think you will all be surprised.
Old 29 Nov 2009, 21:26 (Ref:2591404)   #52
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
........ but for the love of god stop bleating about membership costs and entry fees. ..........
er, nobody mentioned either membership or entry fees, which in the CSCC's case are generally acknowledged to be both very affordable and excellent value for money. The cost under discussion is 'series registration fees' which for the occasional racer seems like just another tax.
Old 30 Nov 2009, 06:57 (Ref:2591554)   #53
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I know I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer but surely membership and series registration fees are pretty much the same thing.....
Old 30 Nov 2009, 08:33 (Ref:2591581)   #54
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
yes SImon, but the HSCC for example has a non racing membership, so you can keep abreast of what your moaning about in print, then race registration, so you can take your car to a moaning weekend at an airfield somewhere in the UK!
Old 30 Nov 2009, 10:39 (Ref:2591657)   #55
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble View Post
I know I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer but surely membership and series registration fees are pretty much the same thing.....
IMO they are quite separate; membership is for the person, series registration is for the car. I have two cars; 30-odd quid gets me membership of CSCC, and if I fancy doing one or two Swinging Sixties with the Midget and then a TinTops with the saloon I have to pay £95 twice over to register for both series. I see it as a tax on diversity
Old 30 Nov 2009, 10:47 (Ref:2591661)   #56
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ahh - well anyone who voted New Labour can be thanked for the culture of envy tax! I have to say I do find it extremely irritating that Masters charge for each series and more for some than others - as far as I am aware the hospitality is the same!!
So to that end I do agree with you
Old 30 Nov 2009, 11:24 (Ref:2591678)   #57
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
No they are not the same as you will see for example CTCRC membership includes registration for what ever and however many championships/series the club run and states that on the application form I believe. Personally I think clubs like CSCC and CTCRC are socking it a bit to some of the other historic organisers by offering better value which has to be better for all us racers.
Old 30 Nov 2009, 12:15 (Ref:2591696)   #58
simon drabble
Veteran

Al they are only doing what HSCC have been since 1965....
Old 30 Nov 2009, 12:47 (Ref:2591714)   #59
James Murray
Racer

James Murray should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And they had a championship until about 4 years ago for pre 66 Appen K sports cars!
Old 30 Nov 2009, 14:44 (Ref:2591763)   #60
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Al they are only doing what HSCC have been since 1965....
No good for me whatsover though Simon as my cars are not road legal and there is absolutely no way I would ever go back to racing a 1440kgs 450+bhp car on standard brakes again sorry.
Old 30 Nov 2009, 20:54 (Ref:2591922)   #61
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
if I fancy doing one or two Swinging Sixties with the Midget and then a TinTops with the saloon I have to pay £95 twice over to register for both series. I see it as a tax on diversity
No, not quite true, I don't think. If you have already registered one car for a series then I believe that registering a second car for a seperate series is a lower fee. Check with the CSCC Office.
Old 1 Dec 2009, 11:20 (Ref:2592211)   #62
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I think there is a good case (as the CSCC have done) for having an Homologated race series for pre66 production cars, GT and anything else, sports racers aren't to my mind production road cars they're bespoke race cars. we already have numerous non homologated series, CSCC, roadsports and others
Old 1 Dec 2009, 12:13 (Ref:2592231)   #63
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've moved the mainly Guards specific posts here:-

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...=119010&page=5

Whilst not wishing to dilute any comparative discussion, this thread, to be fair, really should involve discussion mainly about this new mini enduro series, to stay on topic.
Old 1 Dec 2009, 14:54 (Ref:2592307)   #64
Mike Wroe
Rookie

United Kingdom
North Lincs
Mike Wroe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For myself I think once again CSCC have got it right, they have listened to what people want and come up with a series that gives real value for money and strict policing. There is also the bonus that can run in the Swinging Sixties series with the same car and have two 40 minute races over the weekend (assuming you can get an entry that is). I ran my Marcos in strict appendix K spec other than running Yokos this year and had a great time, sure some of the more developed cars take some beating (not that I achieved it but I was a fairly regular class runner up to GT6 Dave and was definately getting closer as the season progressed until my car was crunched at Donnington) but Allen Tice & Chris Connelly showed what could be done on their outing with the club & I'm sure they'll be back for more with this series.
Old 1 Dec 2009, 15:04 (Ref:2592316)   #65
simon drabble
Veteran

running yoki's is a pretty large departure from FIA.....
Old 1 Dec 2009, 15:14 (Ref:2592324)   #66
Mike Wroe
Rookie

United Kingdom
North Lincs
Mike Wroe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes but it was the only one< I was making the point that you could race successfully in Swinging Sixties with an Appendix K car with just a wheel and tyre change, for what its worth Allen & Chris won the class comprehensively on Dunlops with a full App K car and finished 4th overall.
Old 2 Dec 2009, 11:00 (Ref:2592759)   #67
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
running yoki's is a pretty large departure from FIA.....
Yokos are a tyre eligible for "Swinging Sixties". They will not be eligible in the new Classic K series.

Mike makes a good point, though, that cars in the Classic K series will also be able to run in the Swinging Sixties series on the same weekend. You won't even have to run on Yoko rubber in Swinging Sixties, although you'll be more competitive if you do!
Old 4 Dec 2009, 21:08 (Ref:2594163)   #68
skentellytubby
Racer

United Kingdom
Manchester
skentellytubby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well my application is in, the fact I'd be racing with other 1840s is quite attractive to me. There may only be 10bhp in it, but I need all the help I can get...

Looks good, hopefully it won't be over subscribed.
Old 5 Dec 2009, 07:06 (Ref:2594309)   #69
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good man! Just because someone might have 10bhp more,doe's not mean he automaticly knows how to use it.
Old 5 Dec 2009, 07:56 (Ref:2594322)   #70
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
I fancy racing in the 1840's, would we have to wear stove pipe hats ?

theres probably a fair few Twin cam 1840's about as well.
Old 5 Dec 2009, 10:20 (Ref:2594367)   #71
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Surely 'only 10bhp' when you don't have much to start with will make the difference between winning and loosing? Just an observation from an outsider. ;-)
Old 5 Dec 2009, 17:03 (Ref:2594499)   #72
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All depends if the 10bhp is put to good use/driver knows how to use it etc etc.
Old 5 Dec 2009, 17:09 (Ref:2594501)   #73
Simon Hadfield
Veteran

Simon Hadfield should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSimon Hadfield should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But lets face it nothing legal will get anywhere near a Lotus Elan 26R, although I suppose the Marcos brigade would think otherwise!
Old 5 Dec 2009, 18:43 (Ref:2594536)   #74
skentellytubby
Racer

United Kingdom
Manchester
skentellytubby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
I fancy racing in the 1840's, would we have to wear stove pipe hats ?

theres probably a fair few Twin cam 1840's about as well.
Indeed, or an FIA 8856-2000 Approved fire proof Fauntleroy suit.

I think mine's out of date though......

Last edited by skentellytubby; 5 Dec 2009 at 18:48. Reason: .
Old 5 Dec 2009, 19:07 (Ref:2594543)   #75
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Hadfield View Post
But lets face it nothing legal will get anywhere near a Lotus Elan 26R, although I suppose the Marcos brigade would think otherwise!
Whats that Simon,the 2ltr version?