Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 1 Jun 2007, 08:04 (Ref:1925981)   #1
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
HSCC Snetterton Autosport Guards Trophy 3hr race meeting (9 & 10 June, 2007)

who else is doing this race next weekend? I am doing it in my Merlyn with Terry Van der Zee as my co driver. Really looking forward to this race and hearing rumours that if its a success HSCC might run 2 or 3 of them next year with talk of looking at running a 6 hour evening race at a prestigeous meeting on Silverstone GP circuit along the lines of the Spa race (but allowing sportsracers)
Old 1 Jun 2007, 08:29 (Ref:1926003)   #2
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
This looks like a great meeting, and I'm all for some more longer races, especially 3-6 hour types, particularly if they allow homologated saloons in as they do at SPa

1963 6 Hour at Brands re run as a 45th anniversary perhaps !
Old 1 Jun 2007, 08:53 (Ref:1926019)   #3
Jeremy Hall
Racer

Jeremy Hall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is this the Merlyn I saw on Monday ref HTP
Simon?
Can you give me a call -please
Old 1 Jun 2007, 08:59 (Ref:1926024)   #4
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
have emailed you - your phone is permenatly engaged!!!!
Old 1 Jun 2007, 09:09 (Ref:1926034)   #5
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
As a great fan of long distance racing, I'm really looking forward to the 3 hour race at Snetterton. I also hope that the rumours of more and longer races are true and I'll certainly use any modest influence I have to support these.
Old 1 Jun 2007, 09:49 (Ref:1926075)   #6
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Certainly looking forward to it as a spectator.
Old 1 Jun 2007, 09:49 (Ref:1926076)   #7
simon drabble
Veteran

the top table at HSCC are a cautous lot and I know that they feel that spectators and marshalls would be bored be long distance evening races at a meeting like Silverstone Classic. Personally I think that they are wrong - and in the case of teh Silverstone Classic the middle of the track could have bars open and a fairground like a mini Le Mans (assuming the race running from 6pm til midnight......)
Back to more immediate activities I think Snetterton will be great and lets hope its the first of many such races....
Old 1 Jun 2007, 12:08 (Ref:1926190)   #8
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
lets hope everyone puts on a good show at Snetterton, I'm sure the HSCC will consider other races if this one is a success.
Old 1 Jun 2007, 16:15 (Ref:1926353)   #9
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Hope it goes well,I think that Snett is a pretty good venue for this event,but Silverstone GP would be better.I did the last Grove Air 3hr in a TR4,Great Fun !Until the G/box Rear flange decided it wanted to try and totally wreck our drive into the class lead!We finished FOURTH I will try and get over,but there is something I have to do first. Hopefully the HSCC will carry on in this direction,I can imagine there will be a few more wanting to join the club next year.!

Last edited by terence; 1 Jun 2007 at 16:20.
Old 2 Jun 2007, 00:10 (Ref:1926623)   #10
james s
Rookie

United Kingdom
Alton,Hants
james s should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking foward to it,tested today at silverstone all ok.Hope to give uncle Michael a run for it,although only about 21 confirmed entries so far!
Old 2 Jun 2007, 17:23 (Ref:1926972)   #11
james s
Rookie

United Kingdom
Alton,Hants
james s should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry i got that wrong the final instuctions say 31 entries.
Old 2 Jun 2007, 17:35 (Ref:1926977)   #12
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly
lets hope everyone puts on a good show at Snetterton, I'm sure the HSCC will consider other races if this one is a success.
I know of one man that put on a very good show,youll have to wait until Gordon gets back though
Old 4 Jun 2007, 11:44 (Ref:1928359)   #13
simon drabble
Veteran

The cars currently entered:

6 x Chevron B8/6
GT40
Ginetta G16
Crossle Mk 9
9 x twin cam sports racers (23b etc)
4 x E Type's
TR4
Lotus 7
Lotus 11
Diva GT
Marcos
MGB
Morgan plus 4 and plus 8

I would have thought more MGB's would have shown up.....
clearly the Chevrons, Crossle and probably the Morgan +8 will be in the invitation class and the rest will be in the Guards Trophy.
Old 4 Jun 2007, 15:42 (Ref:1928553)   #14
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Go Diva GT! fantastic little car
Old 4 Jun 2007, 15:53 (Ref:1928562)   #15
TorqueWench
Racer

United Kingdom
Sunny Berkshire
TorqueWench should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble
The cars currently entered:

6 x Chevron B8/6
GT40
Ginetta G16
Crossle Mk 9
9 x twin cam sports racers (23b etc)
4 x E Type's
TR4
Lotus 7
Lotus 11
Diva GT
Marcos
MGB
Morgan plus 4 and plus 8

I don;t think there's a Lotus 7 - the Elva Mk 7 is a sports racing car; if Lotus 7s were eligible we'd have entered ours (remmebering that it would probably last 30 minutes, as last weekend at Donington!)
Old 4 Jun 2007, 18:54 (Ref:1928700)   #16
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
who else is doing this race next weekend? I am doing it in my Merlyn with Terry Van der Zee as my co driver. Really looking forward to this race and hearing rumours that if its a success HSCC might run 2 or 3 of them next year with talk of looking at running a 6 hour evening race at a prestigeous meeting on Silverstone GP circuit along the lines of the Spa race (but allowing sportsracers)

If the plans to run a 6 hour race do come off lets hope that the organisers have some consideration for the marshals. If you really want a long distance night race then make sure that the signing on time is nearer to mid day and that there is no reason to get up at the crack of dawn on the following day.

I can assure you that there are several marshals (me included) who are not happy with the timetable of the Silverstone Classic meeting this year.
Old 4 Jun 2007, 19:01 (Ref:1928704)   #17
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
There are no 7's as cars need FIA papers which are not availble for any 7.We would like to take ours as it will probably do a 16/17.Those B8's beware
Old 4 Jun 2007, 20:10 (Ref:1928751)   #18
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
do marshalls not work Shifts for long events ? ) possibly the wrong forum )
Old 4 Jun 2007, 22:12 (Ref:1928858)   #19
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly
do marshalls not work Shifts for long events ? ) possibly the wrong forum )
No, we do not work shifts. For the Silverstone Classic this year we will sign on
at approx.7.30am, be on post by 8.30am, if lucky we will get a short break for lunch, and again at 6.30pm with the night race ending at 9.00pm, we will be lucky to leave the circuit at 9.20pm. We then have to sign on on Sunday ay 7.30am. Unreasonable ? I think so.
Old 5 Jun 2007, 06:44 (Ref:1929037)   #20
simon drabble
Veteran

I am amazed that Lotus 7 were not homogolated - didn't they do Guards Trophy or similar in period? Unless its a misprint it definately says Lotus 7 driven by Boissy/Miran

Last edited by simon drabble; 5 Jun 2007 at 06:47.
Old 5 Jun 2007, 07:33 (Ref:1929063)   #21
simon drabble
Veteran

current weather forecast for Snetteron on Saturday is a big fried egg and 24 degrees - Persols definately will be worn!
Old 5 Jun 2007, 16:32 (Ref:1929489)   #22
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
current weather forecast for Snetteron on Saturday is a big fried egg and 24 degrees - Persols definately will be worn!
No,No,I,m not going to say anything!!
Old 5 Jun 2007, 16:39 (Ref:1929494)   #23
TorqueWench
Racer

United Kingdom
Sunny Berkshire
TorqueWench should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I am amazed that Lotus 7 were not homogolated - didn't they do Guards Trophy or similar in period? Unless its a misprint it definately says Lotus 7 driven by Boissy/Miran
Don't start me on FIA homologation for 7s - we could have fitted a couple more into the Lotus 7 Jubilee Race last weekend - where were you all? - mind you a grid of 30 is pretty good!

I've got the finals for Snett and see no Boissy/Miran - where are you getting their entry from Simon?
Old 6 Jun 2007, 06:40 (Ref:1929932)   #24
simon drabble
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueWench
Don't start me on FIA homologation for 7s - we could have fitted a couple more into the Lotus 7 Jubilee Race last weekend - where were you all? - mind you a grid of 30 is pretty good!

I've got the finals for Snett and see no Boissy/Miran - where are you getting their entry from Simon?
I havent got them here as they are at home but I think if you go onto the HSCC website and look at the pit allocation its on there
Old 6 Jun 2007, 08:21 (Ref:1929994)   #25
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It is here:

http://www.hscc.org.uk/Race%20info.htm