Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 26 Apr 2017, 17:33 (Ref:3729351)   #1401
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Aha, in France scooter means something like "help for people of an age" as well as Stannah is an electric chair to climb stairs…
Old 26 Apr 2017, 17:38 (Ref:3729352)   #1402
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/112381014623?
I always loved the continental kit every where. Should consider having one on my HTP …
Old 26 Apr 2017, 18:46 (Ref:3729367)   #1403
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Aha, in France scooter means something like "help for people of an age"
'Mobility scooter' here. Mine's on order......

Or maybe something historic would be more appropriate-
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpeg  
Old 26 Apr 2017, 21:10 (Ref:3729378)   #1404
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Here you go. Genuine ex-Jim Clark and a shoe in for Goodwood Revival

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/112381014623?_mwBanner=1
I rather suspect that is not period vinyl on the roof. That could make it difficult to get the required papers.
Old 27 Apr 2017, 05:58 (Ref:3729426)   #1405
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
That could make it difficult to get the required papers.
Grant, are you kidding me here?? Papers? Certainly the already got. I guess he had to change half a potato to half a watermelon and Bob's your uncle! OK, may be he should spare one or two cucumbers in case the scrutineer like some bagchich…*
Old 27 Apr 2017, 21:44 (Ref:3729559)   #1406
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Grant, are you kidding me here?? Papers? Certainly the already got. I guess he had to change half a potato to half a watermelon and Bob's your uncle! OK, may be he should spare one or two cucumbers in case the scrutineer like some bagchich…*
Gerard,

Well, as you know some people have a very detailed knowledge of what they remember from certain "periods" and those memories define them as the people they are today.

There must be someone out there who knows how thick the chrome plating needs to be on the body trim. Some of it looks wrong to me.

Clearly there must have been something wrong as the auction has been terminated due to an error in the listing.
Old 28 Apr 2017, 06:11 (Ref:3729594)   #1407
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I rather suspect that is not period vinyl on the roof. That could make it difficult to get the required papers.

Would have thout an essex lump wouls help move all the filler along.Who in their right mind---------
Old 28 Apr 2017, 06:45 (Ref:3729599)   #1408
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Well, as you know some people have a very detailed knowledge of what they remember from certain "periods" and those memories define them as the people they are today.There must be someone out there who knows how thick the chrome plating needs to be on the body trim. Some of it looks wrong to me.
Grant, it often happens that we are between people of knowledge and youngsters (sometimes also said hoch loch) who think they know.
There is no paper or regulation to teach people how to learn. Unfortunately.
Old 28 Apr 2017, 06:48 (Ref:3729601)   #1409
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Terence, are you considering to strip your Capri engine?
I think you and me should have made an offer to buy a certain 4 CV Renault. Even the triple of what the guy paid for was bargain of the decade!
Old 28 Apr 2017, 08:39 (Ref:3729615)   #1410
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Tour Auto provisional classification: #1 Andrew Smith/ James Cottingham GT 40. # 1 in GTS10 class and 7 overall David Grauss/ Martin Stretton Elan.
Old 28 Apr 2017, 15:36 (Ref:3729688)   #1411
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZeIB1hCk8k.*
There is a small historic element to this official Aston Martin video,
Old 28 Apr 2017, 21:29 (Ref:3729757)   #1412
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Been catching up with a week or so's posts......was away last weekend at Alfa Romeo Owners' Club Spring Alfa Day in (grits teeth) Yorkshire - so did see a fair few classics on Drive-it Day

Bit distressed to see the comments about the discomfort in the Morgan, as I'm navigating in one on Lancs Auto Clubs Fellsman Classic Tour next Saturday - about 150 miles of mainly rural roads, if last year's event is anything to go by......Do I need a cushion ?

Interesting comments about BT work ethic.....worked for BT and its fore-runners from 1969 to 1992 when I took a redundancy package.....there were certainly some lax practices and the unions had too much sway, but it was changing to a degree by the time I left - certainly the headcount is a heck of a lot lower than in the 70s
Old 29 Apr 2017, 03:11 (Ref:3729820)   #1413
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Terence, are you considering to strip your Capri engine?
I think you and me should have made an offer to buy a certain 4 CV Renault. Even the triple of what the guy paid for was bargain of the decade!
Maybe you are right Gerard.The car would make a change from tje usual.
Old 29 Apr 2017, 05:10 (Ref:3729833)   #1414
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Terence, I use to have a classic as daily. I can tell you that driving a 4 CV Renault or a Bianchina in so called modern traffic requires a lot of attention.You need to be a good sailor too because wind direction is important. I'm less worried about poor comfort than total lack of braking power… I stopped that when a rear lens of my beloved 2300 S Coupé was vandalized.
Old 29 Apr 2017, 06:23 (Ref:3729838)   #1415
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Terence, I use to have a classic as daily. I can tell you that driving a 4 CV Renault or a Bianchina in so called modern traffic requires a lot of attention.You need to be a good sailor too because wind direction is important. I'm less worried about poor comfort than total lack of braking power… I stopped that when a rear lens of my beloved 2300 S Coupé was vandalized.
Just when I was thinking of a classic for daily transport.... A friend in England seems to think it obligatory that I have a Renault 4.

Yesterday I spotted a Panhard convertible batting along between Amiens & Beauvais at what seemed an indecent rate. That's quite a nice driving road if there's not too much traffic. There are a few cameras however. Maybe you know it Gerard?
Old 29 Apr 2017, 06:38 (Ref:3729840)   #1416
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Bit distressed to see the comments about the discomfort in the Morgan, as I'm navigating in one on Lancs Auto Clubs Fellsman Classic Tour next Saturday - about 150 miles of mainly rural roads, if last year's event is anything to go by......Do I need a cushion
A cushion? I suggest several- in fact, wrap yourself in them!

Seriously, the sliding pillars at the front end 'stick', and there is no droop. The rear live axle has minimal travel, and as above chassis, no ability to drop. The chassis flexing does most work.......

All the above makes them great track cars.......
Old 29 Apr 2017, 08:27 (Ref:3729846)   #1417
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
A cushion? All the above makes them great track cars.......
Yep, thats why I would prefer an A rather than an IRS. The live axle thing as always been a sales argument for Volvo… on the very long term
Old 30 Apr 2017, 17:36 (Ref:3730153)   #1418
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Spare a thought for our Delta- this pic is of him working flat out at Hockenheim.....

Oh, and nice troofies.......
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpeg  
Old 30 Apr 2017, 18:59 (Ref:3730169)   #1419
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Practicing to be the next Fernando Alonso photo shop?

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
Old 30 Apr 2017, 19:37 (Ref:3730175)   #1420
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Practicing to be the next Fernando Alonso photo shop?

Last tannoy announcement heard as I left Donny this afternoon- "Will Iain Rowley, car #30, Jaguar Challenge race, please report to Race Control"......

Surely not......?
Old 30 Apr 2017, 21:18 (Ref:3730197)   #1421
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Drove 580 miles non stop from Hockenheim to home Reading with waiting car to take me straight to Donington. All the trips I do abroad and the customs chose this one to stop and search at Dover . This put me an hour behind . We got to Donington with loads of time to spare and I must say all officials HSCC ,Clerks and marshals helped me make a very easy race in XK120 in Jag g heritage race . We were rewarded with P2 in class and I got a medal with my name on it spelt correct as well . Also free burger and chips much needed after the race . Over the years I have done a few all nighter trips from an overseas race meeting then back to race in U.K. . I was younger then .😀. Anyway had no problem this trip stayed awake but did look at last years times in same car and I was 4 secs slower this year . Back to work,biked home via the pub and thought good job done . It's been a busy two weeeks with flights ,trains, buses and a bit of cycling but everything went to plan . Got my first Hillclimb this weekend at Wyscombe. Looking on you tube sure does look scary .
Old 30 Apr 2017, 21:20 (Ref:3730198)   #1422
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I got told of by our very own lovely Fay for giving the owner a lift in pit lane . Getting to be a habbit getting told of by the Crooks In a very nice way
Old 30 Apr 2017, 22:21 (Ref:3730209)   #1423
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wiscombe is my favourite hill climb. Love it. What are you driving?

Old 1 May 2017, 05:03 (Ref:3730251)   #1424
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
500 JAZp Arnott Max
Old 1 May 2017, 08:22 (Ref:3730286)   #1425
midgetman
Veteran

Ah the true soul of the hill as well. Are you there Saturday only or both days?