Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 May 2017, 14:38 (Ref:3733209)   #121
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!
McLaren & Honda To Split

Makes Sauber the works Honda team, if true.

Means a complete new mindset on drivers at Sauber surely. They would have to be in the active market for a proven brand name!

Hope it's true. McLaren will always survive, Sauber is much more fragile
Old 14 May 2017, 00:49 (Ref:3733306)   #122
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan has a real shot at the podium!BSchneiderFan has a real shot at the podium!BSchneiderFan has a real shot at the podium!BSchneiderFan has a real shot at the podium!
Even if it's true, which I seriously doubt, which front-running driver would go to Sauber? At a pinch, maybe Pérez, but he's unproven.
Old 14 May 2017, 12:21 (Ref:3733360)   #123
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Do not underestimate Perez, he is a strong fighter, who has long shaken off his disappointing season with McLaren
Old 14 May 2017, 18:46 (Ref:3733448)   #124
Moneyseeker
Subscriber
Veteran

Moneyseeker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMoneyseeker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMoneyseeker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMoneyseeker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I reckon Perez to Ferrari to replace KR in 18. For a complete long shot I am going with Sainz at Sauber 2018 still with WEH and Honda protege as 3rd driver.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk
Old 14 May 2017, 19:27 (Ref:3733459)   #125
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
I reckon Perez to Ferrari to replace KR in 18. For a complete long shot I am going with Sainz at Sauber 2018 still with WEH and Honda protege as 3rd driver.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk
Sainz won't go sideways or even backwards for his next team! It's either Ferrari or Enstone for him i reckon...
Old 21 Jun 2017, 10:50 (Ref:3745707)   #126
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!
Kaltenborn & Zander Gone?
Old 21 Jun 2017, 11:48 (Ref:3745725)   #127
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Colin Kolles back??

Kolles and Honda. 2018 Looking good for Sauber. Not.
Old 21 Jun 2017, 13:42 (Ref:3745769)   #128
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan has a real shot at the podium!BSchneiderFan has a real shot at the podium!BSchneiderFan has a real shot at the podium!BSchneiderFan has a real shot at the podium!
If it's true that Monisha left because she refused to favour Ericsson, it's very foolish on the owners' part. Ericsson is clearly their weaker driver. As F1Guy says, 2018 is not looking good for Sauber, especially if Kolles comes in, with his track record of managing successful racing teams [/sarcasm].
Old 21 Jun 2017, 13:49 (Ref:3745772)   #129
Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have to say that I'm not a big fan of the Kaltenborn but I honestly couldn't give you a clear reason why not - just a general vibe I guess.

Kolles however would likely be a step down. There is an opportunity here for Sauber's owners to bring in a real racer and hopefully sharpen the team up, focus on the racing performance and the commercial side is likely to follow.

Whether such people would want to relocate to Switzerland or would trust the team's ownership is another matter.
Old 21 Jun 2017, 13:51 (Ref:3745774)   #130
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
I suppose next year's Honda engine might at least be better than a year-old Ferrari lump. But I don't see Ericsson suddenly coming alive as a racing driver and pulling Sauber right into the midfield.
Old 21 Jun 2017, 14:25 (Ref:3745783)   #131
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Shame about Monisha, but it just shows the trouble with Sauber internally. Kolles would have to do a better job than he has done in F1 if he takes over
Old 21 Jun 2017, 14:59 (Ref:3745789)   #132
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
And than he has done in sportscars...
Old 21 Jun 2017, 15:09 (Ref:3745792)   #133
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
There's also this little matter: http://www.grandprix247.com/2013/07/...lff-for-money/
Old 21 Jun 2017, 19:32 (Ref:3745846)   #134
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!
Who hired Zander?!

Clearly this is part of the split.
Old 21 Jun 2017, 22:48 (Ref:3745876)   #135
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Just like the seasons, people have the ability to change. It doesn’t happen very often but when it does it’s almost always right. I still have the felling if they call Mr Kolles, then the goal is clear. Sauber will close down soon and the new team will come into play.