Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides MotorsportAds  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 18 May 2017, 00:35 (Ref:3734147)   #61
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
No attribution means this is made up.
Such definitive statements here Mixer. Where is your evidence?

Keen to see if this method is applied consistently or used depending which side of the discussion you sit on.
Old 18 May 2017, 00:53 (Ref:3734149)   #62
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post

Keen to see if this method is applied consistently or used depending which side of the discussion you sit on.
agreed, So if you are keen to see that , then you should be happy to apply that in this case?

well that's my hope
Old 18 May 2017, 01:19 (Ref:3734153)   #63
JABWOA
Veteran

Australia
3rd star to the left
JABWOA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My view, the return of V8 open wheelers is an enthusiast's series. And full credit to Mr. Lambden for his efforts and keep going with his original plan.

Joining the V8 circus should be last (hate to see the entry/affiliation costs) and it should be marketed at State & Club race events with a hitout at Shannons for national exposure to drivers - the ones who will pay for these cars.

After all, FH was basically an enthusiast's class in the end. A couple of young guns at the top and then owner/drivers with quick open wheeler machinery of various age.
Old 18 May 2017, 01:29 (Ref:3734155)   #64
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Other catagories wanting to start up, should look to similar catagories that already exist within the Australian motorsport landscape, and either buy them out, or adjust their egos.

There are too many over-lapping catagories at the lower end as it is, mostly because various entities want to push their own agendas.
Old 18 May 2017, 07:53 (Ref:3734190)   #65
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

That which is presented without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

I am entirely consistent in my demand for factual information and sourcing. I don't have an agenda like some.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 2 Jun 2017, 08:06 (Ref:3738072)   #66
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Super5000 Series

Gotta say, I'm pumped for this:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/motorspo...2ca0975578f74f

Old 2 Jun 2017, 08:28 (Ref:3738077)   #67
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Are you equally excited about the original Formula Thunder 5000?

This is disgusting behaviour by V8 Supercars who denied involvement but now release articles with their logo plastered all over it.
Old 2 Jun 2017, 08:34 (Ref:3738080)   #68
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!
Story Here

A good way to use surplus Supercar engines when they switch to V6 turbos..?
Old 2 Jun 2017, 08:50 (Ref:3738083)   #69
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Are you equally excited about the original Formula Thunder 5000?
Is it "original"? Chris Lambden claims so, but how is anybody to know what was going on in secret before Chris went public? Nobody is to know.

Quote:
This is disgusting behaviour by V8 Supercars who denied involvement but now release articles with their logo plastered all over it.
Supercars didn't release it. Their logo is, but this seems to be from PAYCE/Wilson, and it isn't even on Supercars website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
A good way to use surplus Supercar engines when they switch to V6 turbos..?
All the above aside, this makes sense from a pragmatic point of view.

Especially if I was an engine builder locally I'd want it to grow legs over people running Coyotes.
Old 2 Jun 2017, 08:53 (Ref:3738085)   #70
DV_08
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
DV_08 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have a feeling that both series will now fail.
Old 2 Jun 2017, 08:55 (Ref:3738086)   #71
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DV_08 View Post
I have a feeling that both series will now fail.
Was the FT5000 ever actually viable?

I am really not sure that it was.

Potentially the Super5000 has a fair element of existing infrastructure to support it.
Old 2 Jun 2017, 09:02 (Ref:3738088)   #72
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Supercars didn't release it. Their logo is, but this seems to be from PAYCE/Wilson, and it isn't even on Supercars website.
On the VASC Website....
Old 2 Jun 2017, 09:02 (Ref:3738089)   #73
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Does this all mean the death of F4?
Old 2 Jun 2017, 09:06 (Ref:3738090)   #74
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Was added after I posted

Quote:
$300k is an awful lot for a car like that, but the VASC one DOES look the business.

I don't know what an F4 car costs, but with the ASN owning it, you might think it is here to stay whether or not people actually want it!

EDIT: I want to know if the tub is all new and if it has been crash tested yet...

Last edited by Mixer; 2 Jun 2017 at 09:13.
Old 2 Jun 2017, 09:17 (Ref:3738092)   #75
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
PS2244 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
No that's cams project not Supercars it only runs on the support bill.