Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides MotorsportAds  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 10 Mar 2016, 12:40 (Ref:3621857)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What now for Force India?

With this news it seems that the team principle is somewhat financially stretched.

Thoughts?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...aid-loans.html
Old 10 Mar 2016, 13:17 (Ref:3621870)   #2
old man
Subscriber
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
For Sale: F1 team, excellent staff and prospects, guaranteed great fun, one careful owner.

Old 10 Mar 2016, 14:16 (Ref:3621880)   #3
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBSchneiderFan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBSchneiderFan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBSchneiderFan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Not a good sign. Who might swoop in to save the team if Mallya goes under?
Old 10 Mar 2016, 14:54 (Ref:3621890)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I was more thinking of the "disrepute" side of this. If he is under criminal sanction, would that impact the Formula 1 rules?
Old 10 Mar 2016, 15:09 (Ref:3621891)   #5
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!
i thought F1 rules required the involvement of corrupt billionaires?

but seriously, the teams seems well funded, has always been competitive, more so then many of would have guessed, and people seem to be getting paid on time. and really Mallya is a figurehead for the team. to be honest im not sure what his contributions as Team Principle even are.

when they first started out i guess i would have said Mallya is an integral part of the team so his personal behaviour, good or bad, reflected on the team's image.

but based on their performance over the years, i dont really even associate the team with Mallya anymore and am willing to look at his negative press as a poor reflection on Mallya himself and not as a negative reflection on the team.

so i guess i dont see how his 'disrepute' transfers onto the team. obviously the F1 media will make the connection whenever they can but as a fan i feel like the team has earned the right to stand as a separate entity i could really care less who the owner (part owner) is...if that even makes sense.
Old 10 Mar 2016, 15:26 (Ref:3621900)   #6
Mike Harte
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMike Harte should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The problem is that the two principal shareholders in the teams both owe huge sums of money to the banks in India. Regardless of what Mallya has said in his press releases, he skipped out of India just ahead of the process to have his passport seized, a fate that befell his fellow shareholder, Roy. And he is in prison until he pays something like a billion dollars into the court.

Other reports are stating that the Indian Attorney General is to apply for an extradition order to be served on Mallya, no matter where he is.
Old 10 Mar 2016, 15:47 (Ref:3621908)   #7
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!
what can i say about the politics of India! the Attorney General may want to force his return but the ruling BJP party of India are seemingly still ok with him standing as a member of their parliament and who allegedly helped with his flight from the country in the first place.

its their mess imo and not an issue for F1. anyways just my opinion.
Old 10 Mar 2016, 16:42 (Ref:3621920)   #8
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
i should add that im not saying any of this in support of Mallya. i think he is the worst sort of person. i just think that an f1 sanction hurts the team more than it hurts Mallya.

on a lighter note, why choose the UK to flee to? he basically picked the one country in the world to hide in that would be compelled to honour an extradition request made by the Indian Government.

seems like another poor choice in a series of poor life choices he has made!
Old 10 Mar 2016, 16:51 (Ref:3621923)   #9
JeremySmith
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I was more thinking of the "disrepute" side of this. If he is under criminal sanction, would that impact the Formula 1 rules?
Hang on Peter I will give Bernie and Flávio a call and get back to you !
Old 10 Mar 2016, 16:52 (Ref:3621924)   #10
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
A point well made.
Old 10 Mar 2016, 17:33 (Ref:3621935)   #11
JeremySmith
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Always good to see you Peter ...
Old 10 Mar 2016, 22:15 (Ref:3621981)   #12
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
i should add that im not saying any of this in support of Mallya. i think he is the worst sort of person. i just think that an f1 sanction hurts the team more than it hurts Mallya.

on a lighter note, why choose the UK to flee to? he basically picked the one country in the world to hide in that would be compelled to honour an extradition request made by the Indian Government.

seems like another poor choice in a series of poor life choices he has made!
How many Union Carbide executives were extradited from the UK to India for the Bhopal gas disaster?
Old 10 Mar 2016, 22:26 (Ref:3621982)   #13
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new lap record!Armco Bender is going for a new lap record!Armco Bender is going for a new lap record!Armco Bender is going for a new lap record!Armco Bender is going for a new lap record!Armco Bender is going for a new lap record!
I wouldn't imagine much of Mallya's own personal fortune props up Force India.
His business empire appears to have been imploding backwards for many years,but he still has plenty of real estate around the world to bolt to.
I see the prosecutors are now talking money laundering,which is getting a bit more serious.
Even title sponsor Sahara seems to be going from crisis to crisis.
Another bit of interesting reading....http://www.dnaindia.com/money/report...-loans-2186270
Old 10 Mar 2016, 22:52 (Ref:3621990)   #14
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
How many Union Carbide executives were extradited from the UK to India for the Bhopal gas disaster?
my knowledge of the incident is limited but wasnt Union Carbide and American company and the US protecting the executives?
Old 10 Mar 2016, 23:45 (Ref:3622008)   #15
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by old man View Post
For Sale: F1 team, excellent staff and prospects, guaranteed great fun, one careful owner.

Is Mr Jordan the careful owner?