Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 May 2017, 11:10 (Ref:3731183)   #91
Richard Casto
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Durham, NC, USA
Richard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaholic View Post
Indeed - I was most surprised to find this is still running...

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/project-brabham#/
That's really my point. I didn't contribute to his crowdfunding project, but given it is both still active and IMHO a failure, he should be embarrassed to be talking F1 at this point. Frankly I think it's disrespectful to those who gave (and may still be giving) him money for the LMP2 project.

Richard
Old 5 May 2017, 11:58 (Ref:3731186)   #92
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe.... someone has approached Brabham for the rights to use the name 'Brabham'?

Maybe.... it's not David Brabham who is actually behind this project.
Old 5 May 2017, 12:19 (Ref:3731190)   #93
Richard Casto
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Durham, NC, USA
Richard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Maybe.... someone has approached Brabham for the rights to use the name 'Brabham'?

Maybe.... it's not David Brabham who is actually behind this project.
If so, it would be interesting to know the details of the deal. Given he is trying to create a team with the Brabham name, why sell/license the naming rights to someone else? I expect if you were to pay him for the rights to label an F1 team, you would want exclusive use to avoid future confusion (i.e. David running a sports car team under the name and someone else running an F1 team). It all just seems odd.

Richard
Old 6 May 2017, 22:57 (Ref:3731762)   #94
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new lap record!Paradise City is going for a new lap record!Paradise City is going for a new lap record!Paradise City is going for a new lap record!Paradise City is going for a new lap record!Paradise City is going for a new lap record!
The sportscar project was a couple of years ago. It was supposed to be a big fan engagement extravaganza. But they all but disappeared.

David Brabham is no entrepreneur. So, it would be smart for him to sign of on a deal with people who are. I'd like to see the Brabham name back myself; but I doubt the prospects for that are particularly good.
Old 7 May 2017, 02:40 (Ref:3731802)   #95
Richard Casto
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Durham, NC, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
The sportscar project was a couple of years ago. It was supposed to be a big fan engagement extravaganza. But they all but disappeared.

David Brabham is no entrepreneur. So, it would be smart for him to sign of on a deal with people who are. I'd like to see the Brabham name back myself; but I doubt the prospects for that are particularly good.
Regarding the sportscar project, while it was started a few years ago, the main Brabham website is being actively updated (news items from recent as roughly a month ago), still lists "Project Brabham", and the indiegogo is up and accepting money. So while nothing became of it with respect to output, it is still actively trying to sucker people out of their money... sorry, I mean ask for donations.

However, I actually like the idea this is someone else (cough cough Ecclestone) who wants to resurrect the Brabham name (given his history). If it is Ecclestone, I would be shocked if the Brabham family was involved outside of a cash payment and some VIP passes so they can be seen in the garage. Time will tell if they want money, or are serious about creating a team with the name themselves. What may be unfortunate is that maybe there is zero truth to this F1 rumor and then you have people like me rolling their eyes at the entire thing given the recent history of Project Brabham.

Richard
Old 7 May 2017, 03:02 (Ref:3731807)   #96
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!
It can't be a bad thing to have a different owner for a team where its 2 current patrons are either in jail, or there are legal gymnastics pending to get the second one there too
Wherever you go, there you are..
I love lamp...
Old 14 May 2017, 18:48 (Ref:3733449)   #97
Moneyseeker
Subscriber
Veteran

Moneyseeker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMoneyseeker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMoneyseeker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMoneyseeker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Another stunning job by Force India in Spain, making Williams look poor.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk
Old 14 May 2017, 19:28 (Ref:3733460)   #98
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!
Brundle winding Bernie up about him buying the team on the gridwalk today!!
Old 14 May 2017, 19:46 (Ref:3733467)   #99
djinvicta
Subscriber
Veteran

Wales
French France
djinvicta should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjinvicta should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjinvicta should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Twice! And BE didn't deny it!
Old 14 May 2017, 19:50 (Ref:3733469)   #100
djinvicta
Subscriber
Veteran

Wales
French France
djinvicta should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjinvicta should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjinvicta should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Paradise City..."David Brabham is no entrepreneur. So, it would be smart for him to sign of on a deal with people who are. I'd like to see the Brabham name back myself; but I doubt the prospects for that are particularly good." Paradise City.

What a crass awful thing to say Paradise City? Unless you are Brabham or his best friend....You are obviously "in the know"...
Old 14 May 2017, 20:37 (Ref:3733481)   #101
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Force india doing a great job on the track a brilliant result today
Old 14 May 2017, 20:47 (Ref:3733487)   #102
billy bleach
Racer

Ireland
Dublin
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
Paradise City..."David Brabham is no entrepreneur. So, it would be smart for him to sign of on a deal with people who are. I'd like to see the Brabham name back myself; but I doubt the prospects for that are particularly good." Paradise City.

What a crass awful thing to say Paradise City? Unless you are Brabham or his best friend....You are obviously "in the know"...
The data re Project Brabham seems pretty overwhelming , All smoke and mirrors and BS . Classic World owes me a living.
Old 15 May 2017, 20:17 (Ref:3733672)   #103
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Force India have been so consistent, they are looking good for fourth in the championship
Old 16 May 2017, 14:57 (Ref:3733863)   #104
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan has a real shot at the podium!BSchneiderFan has a real shot at the podium!BSchneiderFan has a real shot at the podium!BSchneiderFan has a real shot at the podium!
Bit early to say. A smallish team like Force India may fall behind in the development race as the season wears on. But they've certainly done very well so far.
Old 15 Jun 2017, 04:13 (Ref:3741506)   #105
Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Maybe a new name for the team: Force India name hasn't delivered
Names can be quite important of course, must say that "Force India" never really did it for me - if the name is changed, let's hope it leads to a better financial base for them.