Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 May 2017, 19:02 (Ref:3733046)   #16
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
Veteran

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Or promotion to another series.
If he has a successful Indy 500, he should consider IndyCar.
Old 12 May 2017, 19:50 (Ref:3733058)   #17
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is going for a new world record!Akrapovic is going for a new world record!Akrapovic is going for a new world record!Akrapovic is going for a new world record!Akrapovic is going for a new world record!Akrapovic is going for a new world record!Akrapovic is going for a new world record!Akrapovic is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
If he has a successful Indy 500, he should consider IndyCar.
He should. Have a few years over in America taking in IndyCar and the American racing scene. Then there's this thing in France that might be worth looking at.
Old 12 May 2017, 20:25 (Ref:3733063)   #18
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
He should consider everything outside of his current gig, but I hope he doesn't go out like this in his home GP.

-Mike Cooley, The Stroker Ace
Old 13 May 2017, 09:26 (Ref:3733150)   #19
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bottas has problems a water leak has been found on his power unit and the team are fitting the engine used for the first four races in its place meaning Bottas will be a late starter today
Old 13 May 2017, 09:29 (Ref:3733151)   #20
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And there you have it. Water leaks. Proof that Mercedes have indeed been working with Honda.
Old 13 May 2017, 10:09 (Ref:3733163)   #21
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
FP3 results. Kimi Raikkonen is the best of all.

Old 13 May 2017, 11:02 (Ref:3733176)   #22
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I love the fact that the people who are in charge of the sport have made the decision to make the numbers a bit more visible than before
Old 13 May 2017, 13:09 (Ref:3733198)   #23
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Alonso qualifies P7!!

Lucky Vettel didn't do as he was told to by his team then. Ended up on the front row when he could've been at the back. Shame on Ferrari.
Old 13 May 2017, 13:23 (Ref:3733202)   #24
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Provisional grid.

I hope for Alonso's sanity, and for F1 as a sport, he finishes the race in the top 10 tomorrow. And I hope Chase and Ross can find him a competitive drive for next year. Alonso needs to be fighting with Vettel and Hamilton. It's a damn shame he is in this situation.
Old 13 May 2017, 13:26 (Ref:3733203)   #25
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
The Big Smoke
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Alonso. Wow. Just absolutely out of this world.
Old 13 May 2017, 13:34 (Ref:3733208)   #26
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Absolutely!

He can be as grumpy as he likes when he can pull laps out of his posterior like that.

Old 13 May 2017, 13:47 (Ref:3733218)   #27
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
Veteran

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
That gives some idea of the potential. No wonder Alonso's been so frustrated.
Old 13 May 2017, 13:59 (Ref:3733224)   #28
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
If Bottas or Ricciardo can win tomorrow, it'll be 11 different winners in 11 years!

2007 – Felipe Massa
2008 – Kimi Raikkonen
2009 – Jenson Button
2010 – Mark Webber
2011 – Sebastian Vettel
2012 – Pastor Maldonado
2013 – Fernando Alonso
2014 – Lewis Hamilton
2015 – Nico Rosberg
2016 – Max Verstappen
Old 13 May 2017, 14:35 (Ref:3733228)   #29
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's never been that great a circuit to race on. I think the most memorable races are :-

1991 : The first race held there. Senna and Mansell going wheel-to-wheel down the main straight with spark flying everywhere. Who would break last into the first corner? I doubt that sort of thing would happen with the modern day aero on the cars.

1992 : Held in the wet. A rare mistake from Senna in the wet - and he went off the track and didn't finish. Schumi looked superb and was managing to catch Mansell, but Mansell started going faster. A superb finish from Jean Alesi in third as well.

1994 : Schumi driving to a superb second with his car stuck in fifth gear for most of the race.

1996 : A superb win from Schumi. One of the his best races. In the wet and in the underpowered Ferrari - he took on both Williams and pulled out a massive lead to finish first, and took his first win for Ferrari.

It's a shame that the chicane was put in before the last corner - as before that, it was one of the best corners in F1. Only decent thing about the track - in my opinion.
Old 13 May 2017, 16:38 (Ref:3733248)   #30
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Never doubt a motivated Spaniard! Well done Fernando! Hope he can pull off some points, now.

-Mike Cooley, The Stroker Ace