Old 16 Sep 2007, 16:21 (Ref:2014742)   #53
Matthews Dad
Veteran

England
Northwich
Matthews Dad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Words cannot express my feelings now

Such a sad loss of a fine sportsman and every-one else involved

As posted above the rally team in heaven has gained another of the greatest drivers

Life seems so unfair at times

Richard
Old 16 Sep 2007, 16:27 (Ref:2014749)   #54
JIMGOD
Racer

United Kingdom
huthwaite
JIMGOD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yet again words cannot express such a great loss to this world we all live in,

jimmy
Old 16 Sep 2007, 16:29 (Ref:2014750)   #55
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A tragic Loss

Condolences to Alison and the rest of the McRae clan, and also to the family and friends of the others on board.

RIP
Old 16 Sep 2007, 16:30 (Ref:2014752)   #56
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Devastating news.
Old 16 Sep 2007, 16:31 (Ref:2014755)   #57
The Fiddler
Racer

Ireland
The Fiddler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sincerest condolences to both families. you are in our thoughts and prayers at this time. may they all rest in peace.
Old 16 Sep 2007, 16:35 (Ref:2014762)   #58
mike coyne
Rookie

mike coyne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
colin you were an inspiration to alot of us. you will be sadly missed. my thoughts go out to both families at this time of tragedy.

colin & johnny RIP
graeme & ben RIP
Old 16 Sep 2007, 16:54 (Ref:2014784)   #59
beefy
Racer

United Kingdom
Cornwall
beefy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
terrible news for all the families involved.
RIP
Old 16 Sep 2007, 16:57 (Ref:2014787)   #60
bigted
Veteran

bigted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so long, a legend
Old 16 Sep 2007, 16:59 (Ref:2014788)   #61
wheadon
Racer

England
Carlisle/Newcastle
wheadon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
R.I.P Colin
Old 16 Sep 2007, 17:06 (Ref:2014793)   #62
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Such a tragedy.

My sincerest condolences to Colin's family and friends and also to the family and friends of the others on board.
Old 16 Sep 2007, 17:19 (Ref:2014805)   #63
shambles
Veteran

England
Soton, UK
shambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridshambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I still can't believe this.
Old 16 Sep 2007, 17:20 (Ref:2014806)   #64
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A terrible, terrible loss.

If I may, I would like to add some others' words that fit in this thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentino Rossi
Colin McRae was very important for me. He was one of my great idols when I was young. I always followed him because he was the Kevin Schwantz (legendary American motorcycle champion) of the rally cars.
He gave me a lot of passion for that sport; always a great show, sometimes some mistake, but always very fast. Yesterday he died in the helicopter, but I dedicate this victory to him.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/62485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Hilton, MSA chief
Colin was an inspiration to all who knew him and to millions around the world who knew of him. His energy, commitment and extraordinary talent brought him domestic and international success, while his uncompromising style and determination made him the hero of fans everywhere.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/62459

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Richards
There are few people in life I would ever call a legend, but for me Colin was one of those people. He was just so competitive, and so extreme in everything he did. And yet also great fun. He matured over the years to be a great pal.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/62447
Old 16 Sep 2007, 18:10 (Ref:2014846)   #65
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm still coming to terms with Richard Burns' death, and now this... It's utterly devastating, and so unexpected which is what makes it even more sad

A true great of motorsport, who will be sorely missed, but never forgotten.

Old 16 Sep 2007, 18:21 (Ref:2014858)   #66
silver bullet
Race Official
RallyCross Legend and Scourge of Top Gear Presenters
Veteran

United Kingdom
silver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
When I first heard the news this morning I was devastated. We have lost another Hero and Legend. It's two years tomorrow since we lost Michael, then we lost Richard now Colin. I'm sure they are now together sharing a beer, and planning a celestial rally championship.

I can never be described as being a fanatical Colin fan, but I did enjoy seeing him drive. He was always spectacular and always entertaining for the fans. In his early days he had a reputation for crashing, but his mentor Dave Richards said he did not mind that. He said it showed commitment, and that if a young rally driver doesn't have a few crashes he's not trying hard enough.

I'll never forget the '95 RAC Rally. The final round of the World Rally Championship. Colin and Carlos neck-a-neck 70 points each. Under awesome pressure Colin didn't crack. Every time we saw him he was attacking the stages with full commitment, displaying the amazing skills that have made him a hero to so many. I'm proud to say I was at Chester Racecourse when Colin came over the finish ramp and claimed the world title. The atmosphere and emotion was unbelievable. It's a moment I will never forget.

My thoughts and condolences go out to the family and friends of all those involved in the accident.

RIP Colin McRae Legend & Hero
Old 16 Sep 2007, 18:23 (Ref:2014861)   #67
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Richard Burns' death left a huge void in the rallying world. Colin McRae's death will leave a vacuum. Two of the sport's greatest ambassadors, cut down in their primes, only two years apart. This is devastating news for any rally fan. May he, his son, and the others on board rest in peace.
Old 16 Sep 2007, 18:35 (Ref:2014875)   #68
B Friendly
Racer

United Kingdom
East Yorkshire
B Friendly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
R.I.P Colin, his son, and others passengers.

A true legend. My condolences to his family
Old 16 Sep 2007, 19:22 (Ref:2014911)   #69
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Tragic that 2 of the deceased, Colins son and his friend were 5 and 6 years old respectively
Old 16 Sep 2007, 19:40 (Ref:2014921)   #70
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have been at Silverstone all weekend and I only heard the tragic news on the radio this morning, this absolute tragedy it's just over 12 hours since I heard and I still can't believe the news. The flags on BRDC Club house flow at half mast today.

RIP Colin
Old 16 Sep 2007, 20:14 (Ref:2014944)   #71
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is unreal. I just dont know what to say, when it was confirmed during the Grand Prix, nobody said anything. Im completely shocked. He was a living legend, and now he will be remembered forever.

RIP Colin
Old 16 Sep 2007, 20:29 (Ref:2014954)   #72
Circuitmarshal
Veteran

England
Historic RAF Tangmere, West Sussex
Circuitmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCircuitmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
May all involved RIP.
Old 16 Sep 2007, 20:47 (Ref:2014970)   #73
formula1fan
Racer

England
China Clay Country, Cornwall
formula1fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Colin McRae
5th August 1968 - 15th September 2007
1995 World Rally Champion
Gone but never forgotten amongst motorsport fans
Rest In Peace

Last edited by formula1fan; 16 Sep 2007 at 20:52.
Old 16 Sep 2007, 20:56 (Ref:2014975)   #74
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Please leave a message of condolence here: http://colinmcrae.com/condolences.asp
Old 16 Sep 2007, 20:58 (Ref:2014979)   #75
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The world of sports has lost a great Champion.
My condolence to Colin McRae, his son and his family.