Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 28 Mar 2009, 11:04 (Ref:2427007)   #1
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
CSCC Swinging Sixties Snetterton

Just recieved my finals for this event on 5th April. Excellent and varied entry, full grid with 9 reserves!! A popular format methinks
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 28 Mar 2009, 11:14 (Ref:2427016)   #2
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder if all 9 reserves will get a race.
Old 29 Mar 2009, 16:09 (Ref:2428217)   #3
Stuart J
Racer

Stuart J should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They get to race with us in Future Classics if they don't get into main Swinging 60's event, I believe.......same format race.
Old 29 Mar 2009, 17:37 (Ref:2428286)   #4
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
It's nice to see that the doom mongers have so far been proved wrong this year with the race entries. This meeting seems full as does next week's MGCC Donington meet, assuming the track is open and this weekend's Brands meeting was pretty well supported.
Old 29 Mar 2009, 20:38 (Ref:2428386)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Fantastic full grid I can't make it next weekend. So for later races add my entry too!
Old 30 Mar 2009, 09:31 (Ref:2428814)   #6
turbster
Rookie

England
West Yorkshire
turbster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was pretty suprised with the bumper grid for the first race, testing went well there the other week, don't think I'll repeat my podium last time out with that field, but I can't wait to try . Should be doing all the UK races this year all being well...
Swinging Sixties #3 TVR Tuscan V8
Old 30 Mar 2009, 16:54 (Ref:2429113)   #7
Moosehead
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbster View Post
I was pretty suprised with the bumper grid for the first race, testing went well there the other week, don't think I'll repeat my podium last time out with that field, but I can't wait to try . Should be doing all the UK races this year all being well...
Hi Paul, good to see another Swinging Sixty on here, there's not too many of us. See you Sunday
Old 30 Mar 2009, 19:58 (Ref:2429259)   #8
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
DaveGT6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Wayne,

I'll not be racing this weekend but will be down on Sunday to lend my support - can't wait! First outing pedalling this year will be Brands.
Old 31 Mar 2009, 19:24 (Ref:2429979)   #9
Moosehead
Veteran

Be good to see you Dave
Old 31 Mar 2009, 20:29 (Ref:2430037)   #10
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All being well there should be a very nice Corvette out on Sunday.
Old 31 Mar 2009, 21:13 (Ref:2430075)   #11
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
All being well there should be a very nice Corvette out on Sunday.
Wouldn't happen to be one that has been holed up in a certain race prep shop in leafy Huntingdonshire would it?
Old 1 Apr 2009, 05:41 (Ref:2430295)   #12
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
That would depend on your geography Dave,if you had said Bedfordshire,you would have been right.
Old 1 Apr 2009, 22:27 (Ref:2430934)   #13
Celia Stevens
Racer

England
Hundon Sudbury
Celia Stevens should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCelia Stevens should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi guys, Ian and I are hopefully going to be there in the first race for the Warwick GT350. Still working on it in the best traditions of Motor racing! We are trying to re-create history as the first time the GT350 raced was at Snetterton in 1961, it was number 24 and painted primrose yellow, (both of which our car is!) We don't think a Warwick GT350 has raced since 1962 and our car has stood since 1982! Haven't had time to test it so its' going to be a steep learning curve! Bit different from the dear old Peerless as it has a 3.5 V8 Buick in it! See you there.
Old 2 Apr 2009, 02:51 (Ref:2431025)   #14
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Look forward to see-ing you and the car Celia,should have a little more performance available?
Old 2 Apr 2009, 20:35 (Ref:2431803)   #15
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
Celia, Ian,

Best of luck in getting the Warwick ready for the track in time. Look forward to seeing you both there.
Old 3 Apr 2009, 10:16 (Ref:2432193)   #16
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'll be there on Sunday, clicking away.
Old 3 Apr 2009, 13:19 (Ref:2432364)   #17
Mike Wroe
Rookie

United Kingdom
North Lincs
Mike Wroe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm all loaded up ready to drive down, first race in 18 months so I'll be a little hesitant especially as I've been unable to do any testing so take care as you all hurtle past. I'm in car 56 if anyone wants to come and say hello.
Old 3 Apr 2009, 14:27 (Ref:2432423)   #18
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Enjoy it, just make sure you've got the radio tuned in for the Revett straight.
Old 3 Apr 2009, 18:14 (Ref:2432629)   #19
listernoble
Racer

United Kingdom
Norfolk UK
listernoble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Celia and Ian

I haven't posted on here for several years since I was hillclimbing,but was trying to find your programme for Snetterton.
I have spoken to Chris and look forward to seeing you all mid morning Sunday.
Weather looks fine so hopefully it should be a good day.
Cheers
Lister
Now semi-bionic!
Old 5 Apr 2009, 22:00 (Ref:2434639)   #20
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Terry Scannell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What else could anyone wish for! Bootiful Norfolk countryside, Brilliant Sunshine, Great Friends, Fanstastic Cars and Competitive Racing!!

I would like to say a sincere big THANK YOU to everyone who contributed to another superb CSCC Snetterton meeting.

All the competitors, marshals & officials, rescue & recovery crews and to the circuit staff who all worked so well together, as always, to make the weekend so enjoyable.

I would especially wish to thank all the co-ordinators for various championships for all their assistance to the team in Race Control by ensuring all their drivers and cars were in the right place at the right time to help us keep everything running to timetable.

Hope you all enjoyed it as much as we did "upstairs"!!

Terry
Old 6 Apr 2009, 05:30 (Ref:2434804)   #21
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A good start to the CSCC season I think. 45 cars practised for the "Swinging Sixties" race (& 38 raced); 25 entries for "Tin Tops"; 22 entries for the inaugral "Magnificent 7s" and 29 people raced in "Future Classics" (inc 5 reserves from the "Swinging Sixties"). Not bad at all.
Old 6 Apr 2009, 08:04 (Ref:2434838)   #22
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, what a great day yesterday. As Andy says, a terrific turnout of cars for the Swinging Sixties race. Of the 8 races held yesterday of this double header, only 2 grids were light on cars; race 11 for the 2 litre Mono cars, and the John Cooper Memorial Trophy for the 500s. Weather was fantastic and the event (yesterday, anyway) was well supported by spectators.

Introduced myself (bad luck, guys!) to Moosehead (Mustang) and Turbster (Scimitar GTE), caught up with Louise and Jason Kennedy (TVR Griffith 200), John Leslie (Sabre 6 GT), Ian McDonald and Celia Stevens (well done to both for not only getting the Warwick GT350 on the grid but completing the race), Luke Wos (Corvette) and was introduced to a number of other drivers like Mark Campbell (who romped home first in his TR5 in the Swinging Sixties race) and Laurence Bailey (Corvette). Then there was Autosport photographer, Richard Styles, who is still talking to me despite me pulling his leg publicly on here after the Top Hat meeting. Apologies if I've missed anybody but it was just one of those days, and I still managed to get a few pics! Also, since l was wearing my old RSSOC jacket, I was approached on entirely separate occasions by two stalwarts of that club, Dave Poole and Hugo Holder. So all in all a great day for me. I guess it was a bit like a garden party although I've never been to one!

I'll do my usual (Sunday only though), starting with a few Pit and Paddock shots later today.
Old 6 Apr 2009, 08:41 (Ref:2434859)   #23
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Our own Chris Y races with the CSCC, was he there too?
Old 6 Apr 2009, 08:59 (Ref:2434876)   #24
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was only there briefly on Saturday afternoon, glorious weather. I popped in to see how Steve Wyatt got on, founder of our local Fressingfield Oily Rag Club. He was sharing an Alfasud with fellow FORC member Richard Drake in the CSCC 'Tin Tops' race. A steady race to 3rd in class.
Steve in the mix through Russell:

Other runners in the race, future classics maybe..?

I caught some of the Mono's whilst awaiting Steve's race. Good to see a Ralt RT3 and Reynard 863 out there, both in the Mono Classic class.

Old 6 Apr 2009, 09:04 (Ref:2434881)   #25
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The saloon photos are all CSCC "Tin Tops"; the "Future Classics" race was on sunday, although you could argue that all of the cars in the "Tin Tops" race are either classics already - eg the Alfas and my Uno(!) - or future classics - the Hondas & MG Rovers etc!