Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 17 Jul 2002, 15:00 (Ref:335776)   #1
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Flat out - Flat broke!

Just finished reading Perry McCarthy's book about his exploits en route to making his F1 debut with Andrea Moda.

For any of you who are thinking of getting it, I can thoroughly recommend it as a good read. Written in a very light style, it's as if Perry is in the room relating the tales to you.

Some of Perry's money making wheeze's and narrow squeak's with cash are hilarious, but in the end it's a true tale of never, ever giving up.

Also some touching moment's when Martin Donnelly and Jonny Herbet, who are part of Perry's 'Rat Pack', were injured.

I couldn't put it down when I started reading it - much to the annoyance of other family members!.

BTW should I have posted this in Armchair Enthusiast?
Old 17 Jul 2002, 17:22 (Ref:335836)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Doesn't matter where you post it. Thanks for the tip. I'll buy it at the next opportunity.
Old 17 Jul 2002, 17:37 (Ref:335847)   #3
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
im on chapter 5 ....such a good book ...Perry is one funny man !
Old 17 Jul 2002, 18:08 (Ref:335872)   #4
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I heard him speak twice in person at Le Mans this year and he had me in stiches both times, now I have a job I may have to go out and buy the book.
Old 17 Jul 2002, 19:39 (Ref:335945)   #5
LucaBadoer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Harrogate, N Yorks.
LucaBadoer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope he's back on Digital + this weekend...

Last edited by LucaBadoer; 17 Jul 2002 at 19:40.
Old 17 Jul 2002, 19:56 (Ref:335954)   #6
Invincible
Racer

New Zealand-Maori
Warrington
Invincible should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I bought the book a few days ago and I've never stopped reading it, its such a wonderful book, Perry certainly deserved better in Formula 1.

A blend of humour, entertainment, struggle, and tragedy rolled into one, a fantastic read, I really recommend the book.
Old 17 Jul 2002, 21:02 (Ref:336006)   #7
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yup, it's very good, only wish I didn't read so bloody fast... now I've got to find something else to keep me amused
Old 17 Jul 2002, 21:34 (Ref:336040)   #8
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When you are reading it...its written in the very manner in which perry talks . that makes it a even better read .
Old 17 Jul 2002, 21:38 (Ref:336043)   #9
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Ok, help me out- what's it called?
Old 17 Jul 2002, 21:52 (Ref:336061)   #10
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
please, since i haven't bought it yet, feel free to quote it at length!
Old 17 Jul 2002, 21:54 (Ref:336063)   #11
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally posted by Inigo Montoya
Ok, help me out- what's it called?
its called ....

FLAT OUT , FLAT BROKE . FORMULA 1 THE HARD WAY .
Perry McCarthy

published by Haynes
Old 17 Jul 2002, 21:57 (Ref:336068)   #12
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
you can buy it from here.

http://www.sportspages.co.uk/index.h...34488b7baa91ba
Old 17 Jul 2002, 22:24 (Ref:336087)   #13
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks SS. I guess I should have realized that from the title of the thread, eh? Uggh, sorry...
Old 17 Jul 2002, 22:58 (Ref:336117)   #14
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gotta be a good read, but have no money...
Old 18 Jul 2002, 03:56 (Ref:336213)   #15
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Sato san
im on chapter 5 ....such a good book ...Perry is one funny man !
Must be good if your on chapter 5 already, your the slowest reader in the world! think i'll have to buy it myself!
Old 18 Jul 2002, 08:46 (Ref:336302)   #16
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just finished reading the book. Some good stories, but the sub-editors should be awarded a smack as several names are spelled incorrectly. It seemed to finish a little quickly once he'd lost the Williams test job to DC. Well worth a read anyway.
Old 18 Jul 2002, 09:29 (Ref:336331)   #17
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
I noticed that ..They spelt a few names wrongly here and there.

And Mr V....we cant all be as quick as you are .....hehehehe
Old 18 Jul 2002, 09:40 (Ref:336341)   #18
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is this being released in Australia?????
Old 18 Jul 2002, 10:02 (Ref:336359)   #19
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
not sure , but from the link i posted above , i think they deliver to anywhere . Wouldnt think it would cost much to post it to OZ from the UK
Old 19 Jul 2002, 12:42 (Ref:337333)   #20
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Not available in Canada until Sept.
Old 23 Jul 2002, 11:22 (Ref:340523)   #21
903cc
Racer

Luxembourg
Luxembourg - Via Singapore & Australia
903cc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I ordered from the link and it took 3 days to get the book. Not bad and it is a signed copy! I live in Denmark
Old 23 Jul 2002, 11:59 (Ref:340569)   #22
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Sato san
Wouldnt think it would cost much to post it to OZ from the UK
It's a fair bit really, I've bought stuff from Amazon.co.uk, and it turns out to be above $10, thanks to the oh so weak Australian dollar. I am sure if its worth it though if it's as good as you're all saying.