Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 26 Jun 2003, 20:11 (Ref:644075)   #76
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Paul-collins & Tim Northcutt:
Old 27 Jun 2003, 09:24 (Ref:644523)   #77
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
It wouldn't be Le Mans without a French prototype with a daft ladies name, (Norma, Debora etc.) going slower than GTs. It's part of the tradition along with dust, merguez et frites and all the other great things that make Le Mans unique. I believe next year's entry is the Edith Piaf, bit long in the tooth, sounds better than it looks...
Old 27 Jun 2003, 13:12 (Ref:644746)   #78
courage
Rookie

courage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 23 Jun 2010, 12:11 (Ref:2716813)   #79
Panhard
Rookie

United Kingdom
Florida
Panhard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
please show a little respect for the Norma name.
Norbert called the company Norma to honor the memory of his best friend & business partner after he was killed testing one of their first cars.

As for Le Mans the car performed perfectly until the driver made a mistake (going wide) allowing the Audi to punt him in front of the Spiker who had no brakes the rest can be seen on Youtube. As for performance we had plenty in hand. We did not go out to be the fastest & there were two LMP2s behind us after qualifying.
much better than scraping through on good will as was the case in 03 with the LMP1
Old 23 Jun 2010, 12:36 (Ref:2716826)   #80
Flyin Ryan
Veteran

United States
Carolina del Norte
Flyin Ryan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panhard View Post
please show a little respect for the Norma name.
Norbert called the company Norma to honor the memory of his best friend & business partner after he was killed testing one of their first cars.

As for Le Mans the car performed perfectly until the driver made a mistake (going wide) allowing the Audi to punt him in front of the Spiker who had no brakes the rest can be seen on Youtube. As for performance we had plenty in hand. We did not go out to be the fastest & there were two LMP2s behind us after qualifying.
much better than scraping through on good will as was the case in 03 with the LMP1
Were y'all 2nd at some point in the early hours in class before the accident? My dad thought he saw it on the scoreboard at top but I never saw it.
Old 23 Jun 2010, 14:51 (Ref:2716888)   #81
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
I thought the Norma won a lot of friends at Le Mans this year. Pefectly credible through practice and qualifying - and as has been pointed out, was by no means the slowest.

Race performance too was no disgrace whatsoever - the retirement can be seen as just being one of those bits of bad Le Mans luck that creeps on teams every year.

Above all - to my eye it looks like a racing car and seemed good on the track. Hope to see a lot more of it during the rest of the year and into 2011.
Old 23 Jun 2010, 15:02 (Ref:2716898)   #82
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
It should have at least three more races this year, Pegasus will campaign both the Norma and the old Courage in the remaining LMS races.
Old 1 Aug 2010, 13:28 (Ref:2737308)   #83
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
It should have at least three more races this year, Pegasus will campaign both the Norma and the old Courage in the remaining LMS races.
Unless I was hearing things, I remember hearing on RLM during the Algarve race commentary that the relationship between Pegasus and Norma had shall we say, broken down and that the car went back to Norma after Le Mans.
Old 1 Aug 2010, 13:44 (Ref:2737338)   #84
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Well... I did say that a few weeks before Algarve. I heard the same thing in the commentary... anyone know of any details?
Old 1 Aug 2010, 14:05 (Ref:2737389)   #85
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
LeMans.pt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Well... I did say that a few weeks before Algarve. I heard the same thing in the commentary... anyone know of any details?
I've been on Algarve paddock and what i been told that the Norma project was dead. There was in fact some team that were interested in buying the car, but after Le Mans and what happen in Le Mans (seems like the monocoque was to damn fragile) they had pull the plug and they don't have any buyer to 2011. With no perceptive of selling a single car, they can afford to continue do develop it...

Maybe this rumour as something to do with Pegasus and Norma going separate ways... maybe not...
Old 2 Aug 2010, 09:01 (Ref:2738023)   #86
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm struggling to believe Norma will let this project fail, to my knowledge they are selling alot of VdeV cars and are generally a quite profitable race car manufacturer who are looking to crack into the LMP2 market, yes they were new to LMP, but they were favoured by the ACO (more than people actually realise) to develop a low cost LMP........this just sounds like a sour grapes rumour from a race team that have fell out with a manufacturer.........I'm sure panhard will be along soon to set everything straight!
Old 2 Aug 2010, 12:17 (Ref:2738140)   #87
Panhard
Rookie

United Kingdom
Florida
OK enough of the speculation here are the facts...Pegasus used to run a Norma in the VdeV until Ligier gave them a car the only reason they won the championship was because 8 norma teams split the points ...Pegasus ordered 2 2011 spec cars last year (2009}However they made no financial commitment and it was our understanding that we would supply one car for 2010 and one in Novemvber for 2011..As we all know the ACO did not release the new 2011 regs till November this made it impossible to supply a car for the start of the season. Norma still managed to have a car tested & at Le Mans which is a pretty amazing feat in itself especially if you are aware of the new crash test requirements. As for LeMans Pegasus rented the car for the race I will not go into details but will say that only partial payment was met prior to the race...and some time after the race
Pegasus paid the balance owed. They also stated they did not have the money to buy a car and withdrew from the deal. We are aware of the comments made in Auto Hebdo and are lookiing at making the original contract available to them for publication but will not be drawn in to a mud slinging match. We are also aware of the current situation between Pegasus and the owner of the Courage....I would not be so sure you will see them finish the season.
As for the M200 we are working with a major engine manufacturer for next years package and will be testing in October

Last edited by Panhard; 2 Aug 2010 at 12:23.
Old 2 Aug 2010, 12:26 (Ref:2738142)   #88
Panhard
Rookie

United Kingdom
Florida
As a foot note two teams have purchased cars for next season and we are talking to several others...so very much Alive
Old 2 Aug 2010, 12:38 (Ref:2738150)   #89
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
As a foot note two teams have purchased cars for next season and we are talking to several others...so very much Alive

Two cars? As in 2 LMP2 M200s?

And purchased as in paid for them? Agreed to pay for them? Reserved a build spot? Because so often everybody is happy to announce a car will be on the grid, but afterwards we discover getting the car didn't necessarily mean fully paying for it and then disagreements mean it won't reappear on grids...

Good news still; and that engine deal is intriguing
Old 2 Aug 2010, 12:55 (Ref:2738164)   #90
Panhard
Rookie

United Kingdom
Florida
I think I said purchased ????The cars are in production and yes the engine deal is intriguing
Old 2 Aug 2010, 16:28 (Ref:2738282)   #91
Panhard
Rookie

United Kingdom
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllonFS View Post
It wouldn't be Le Mans without a French prototype with a daft ladies name, (Norma, Debora etc.) going slower than GTs. It's part of the tradition along with dust, merguez et frites and all the other great things that make Le Mans unique. I believe next year's entry is the Edith Piaf, bit long in the tooth, sounds better than it looks...
Funny how people comment without thinking...Norma is named after Norbert Santos's dead business partner who died testing their first prototype.....some respect please
Old 2 Aug 2010, 16:33 (Ref:2738284)   #92
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
I take it the partner is the -ma? Marc someone?

"Norma" is Latin for ruler, or set-square, I had always assumed Norbert Santos was making a design-based pun.
Old 2 Aug 2010, 21:44 (Ref:2738435)   #93
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

I suppose those are for the East side of The Pond?

L.P.
Old 3 Aug 2010, 12:11 (Ref:2738720)   #94
Panhard
Rookie

United Kingdom
Florida
Yes one German team & one French.....We are talking to a couple of teams here but the LMP C class is clouding the way. Having to explain that buying & running the LMP2 is cheaper is proving to be a difficult task.
Maybe they need to talk to Pegasus
Old 3 Aug 2010, 23:09 (Ref:2739110)   #95
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Yes one German team & one French.....We are talking to a couple of teams here but the LMP C class is clouding the way. Having to explain that buying & running the LMP2 is cheaper is proving to be a difficult task.
Maybe they need to talk to Pegasus
So the ALMS is going to have an independent new-reg P2 class in 2011?
Old 16 Jun 2011, 14:17 (Ref:2900280)   #96
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I thought I would dig up this old thread to say I was impressed with the Norma's effort at LeMans this year. They were the only car that finished the race that wasn't classified, and missed being classified by only 2 laps!! It's too bad that the ACO doesn't round up, because they actually finished 69.577% of the distance of the winning Audi!
Old 16 Jun 2011, 14:21 (Ref:2900283)   #97
Great Dane
Rookie

Denmark
Great Dane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I saw the results on the ACO website and Norma is in green section (=classified) not in the black part (= non-classified)
Old 16 Jun 2011, 17:35 (Ref:2900402)   #98
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Dane View Post
I saw the results on the ACO website and Norma is in green section (=classified) not in the black part (= non-classified)
true, but if you click on the pdf of the race results it says otherwise.
Old 16 Jun 2011, 18:32 (Ref:2900461)   #99
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Norma M200p > Aston Martin AMR One

Perhaps Aston Martin should get Extrême Limite AM Paris to develop the AMR One, they would probably do a better job than Prodrive.

Last edited by FordCosworthPanoz; 16 Jun 2011 at 18:37.
Old 16 Jun 2011, 23:18 (Ref:2900640)   #100
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
In 2010 I thought the Norma looked like a decent racing car, and I was delighted to see it still circulating come 1500 last Sunday. It's the archetypal privateer Le Mans entry, not going to set the world alight, but an effort that comes across as being really enthusiastic, having a decently prepared car, and critically going about their business with a genuine sense of enthusiasm.

Where they really scored with me this year was on the Friday pit walk, when stuck out at the far end of the pitlane one of their mechanics took time out to allow a young child to be photographed beside the car. It's that sort of spirit that makes sportscar racing what it is, and while the Extreme Limite outfit show it they're very welcome as far as I'm concerned.