Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 27 Apr 2017, 19:19 (Ref:3729528)   #5301
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Weird Risi couldn't find a GT3 example stateside, you would think there are enough of them over here as well, now the planned GTD entry is missing Risi's home race. Hope it materializes soon though!
There may be enough of them, but is any of the people who own them willing to let them use it, is the real question.

Seems like the answer was no.
Old 27 Apr 2017, 21:18 (Ref:3729554)   #5302
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It seems that the wrong car came to Houston
https://m.facebook.com/FerrariofHous...pe=3&source=48
Old 22 Jun 2017, 12:27 (Ref:3746023)   #5303
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Wow Risi Ferrari is not on the Watkins Glen entry list. They must have taken a huge hit financially due to the Le Mans crash. I hope it is a short absence. As long as they are there, VIR, and Road Atlanta I'm happy.
Old 22 Jun 2017, 12:46 (Ref:3746028)   #5304
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I heard Fisichella mentioning something like the Vaxiviere crash ruining their race AND their season as well when he got interviewed. I still hope they manage to somehow turn up at the next race.
Old 22 Jun 2017, 12:48 (Ref:3746031)   #5305
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentley speed 8 View Post
I heard Fisichella mentioning something like the Vaxiviere crash ruining their race AND their season as well when he got interviewed. I still hope they manage to somehow turn up at the next race.
They have had terrible luck this year. I think they have had quite a few significant crashes in imsa. The crash at Long Beach was on them, but the rest they have just been taken out.
Old 22 Jun 2017, 13:06 (Ref:3746040)   #5306
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
I thought they had their old car still, and the one for Le Mans was brand new, so they didn't have to worry about the car in the US.
Old 22 Jun 2017, 13:17 (Ref:3746042)   #5307
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I thought they had their old car still, and the one for Le Mans was brand new, so they didn't have to worry about the car in the US.
That was my understanding too, but if the car is new - was it insured properly? Maybe they're simply way out of pocket for the repairs now.
Old 22 Jun 2017, 14:53 (Ref:3746066)   #5308
MaskedRacer
Veteran

GTLM grid numbers a bit small for my liking. Maybe we can get a boost in 2018 from somebody. It would be neat if Lexus came into GTLM. They can't run as a factory in GTD next year. IMSA could give them a provision like they have been given BMW. And BMW will be GTE compliant in 2018.

I hope too that Extreme Speed Motorsports will reconsider a return to GTLM. Being in DPI is not doing much for them this year. Will only get worse from their prospective with a high powered Honda effort coming in. Cadillac will only get better too. Also the Oreca Gibson has shown to be a great package. So yeah, I would love to see them return in Ferraris.

Just hopeful thinking I guess on my part. I have always admitted I'm a GT fan first and foremost before prototypes.
Old 22 Jun 2017, 15:01 (Ref:3746068)   #5309
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Too bad Ferrari isn't providing more support to Risi - and Scuderia Corse. You would think the North American market is huge for Ferrari but the marketing effort is clearly not coming thru sportscar racing. A shame.
Old 22 Jun 2017, 15:12 (Ref:3746072)   #5310
JLGarcia
Racer

JLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Back in May Risi tweeted this pic of their shop, with a GTD-spec car wearing an IMSA #62.

My conspiratorial mind says they weren't planning to return to GTLM after LeMans in the first place, especially given the abruptly-ending exchange after the pic was posted.
Old 22 Jun 2017, 17:53 (Ref:3746116)   #5311
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLGarcia View Post
Back in May Risi tweeted this pic of their shop, with a GTD-spec car wearing an IMSA #62.

My conspiratorial mind says they weren't planning to return to GTLM after LeMans in the first place, especially given the abruptly-ending exchange after the pic was posted.
A switch to GTD? Interesting speculation. We'll have to wait and see how it plays out.
Old 22 Jun 2017, 18:00 (Ref:3746117)   #5312
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
GTLM grid numbers a bit small for my liking. Maybe we can get a boost in 2018 from somebody. It would be neat if Lexus came into GTLM. They can't run as a factory in GTD next year. IMSA could give them a provision like they have been given BMW. And BMW will be GTE compliant in 2018.

I hope too that Extreme Speed Motorsports will reconsider a return to GTLM. Being in DPI is not doing much for them this year. Will only get worse from their prospective with a high powered Honda effort coming in. Cadillac will only get better too. Also the Oreca Gibson has shown to be a great package. So yeah, I would love to see them return in Ferraris.

Just hopeful thinking I guess on my part. I have always admitted I'm a GT fan first and foremost before prototypes.
I'd rather see esm stay in dpi because I like their fugly car.

But I hope both the Acura and Lexus in gtd move up, even if pay-drivers make one of the two team cars uncompetitive. One each full pro of those two and the class looks nicely subscribed.
Old 22 Jun 2017, 19:09 (Ref:3746132)   #5313
MaskedRacer
Veteran

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/ri...om-gtlm-class/

S365 has posted something on Risi, not really too much detail though.
Old 22 Jun 2017, 19:14 (Ref:3746133)   #5314
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well that's a bummer, but not unheard of for Risi.
Old 22 Jun 2017, 20:26 (Ref:3746143)   #5315
gsmith2424
Veteran

United States
Maiden, North Carolina
gsmith2424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
A switch to GTD? Interesting speculation. We'll have to wait and see how it plays out.
Also Risi is listed with 2 488 GT3 cars for the COTA 24 Hr coming up in November. The GTD switch seems like a valid point.

http://www.24hseries.com/2017/24h-co...017/entry-list
Old 23 Jun 2017, 00:38 (Ref:3746169)   #5316
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I like diversity so I'll wish Risi to return ASAP. I'm still happy its not Vette verses the "other team".

Road Atlanta partial repaving underway, in the rain. I'm sure it will be fine.

If you're on the Facepages:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...01065953285921
Old 23 Jun 2017, 02:28 (Ref:3746172)   #5317
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I like diversity so I'll wish Risi to return ASAP. I'm still happy its not Vette verses the "other team".

Road Atlanta partial repaving underway, in the rain. I'm sure it will be fine.

If you're on the Facepages:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...01065953285921
That just made my day, did Beaux Barfield drive a Cayman up there in a suit to check on the progress?
Old 23 Jun 2017, 08:32 (Ref:3746210)   #5318
Scorchess
Racer

Scorchess has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
http://www.heraldtribune.com/news/20...ing-contract/1

Ouch, that's another car gone
Old 23 Jun 2017, 11:31 (Ref:3746231)   #5319
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
That just made my day, did Beaux Barfield drive a Cayman up there in a suit to check on the progress?
Ha! Didn't see him this time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorchess View Post
I hate losing a sponsor but the Visit Florida signs at Road Atlanta always bugged me.

It does stink that they decided to cut this funding mid season. Maybe they'll pick up another sponsor?
Old 23 Jun 2017, 11:34 (Ref:3746232)   #5320
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Damn, wonder if they can get more cash from Habul to help them out. Looks like 1 million still yet to be paid in the contract but 30 day cancellation set to end July 2 so the cash dries up the Glen weekend. Guess Flis' thoughts of going to LM with that global spec LMP2 have gone up in smoke.
Old 23 Jun 2017, 11:47 (Ref:3746235)   #5321
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Damn, wonder if they can get more cash from Habul to help them out. Looks like 1 million still yet to be paid in the contract but 30 day cancellation set to end July 2 so the cash dries up the Glen weekend. Guess Flis' thoughts of going to LM with that global spec LMP2 have gone up in smoke.
Should be easy picking up a sponsor given the performance of the Riley.
Old 23 Jun 2017, 12:19 (Ref:3746243)   #5322
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Ha! Didn't see him this time!

I hate losing a sponsor but the Visit Florida signs at Road Atlanta always bugged me.

It does stink that they decided to cut this funding mid season. Maybe they'll pick up another sponsor?
I should have grabbed one to put up at the site for Petit each year just for you.
Old 23 Jun 2017, 12:34 (Ref:3746245)   #5323
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I should have grabbed one to put up at the site for Petit each year just for you.
That would be awesome! We could put it face down and walk on it to keep our shoes dry and clean.

Or just burn it because Florida.
Old 23 Jun 2017, 13:25 (Ref:3746254)   #5324
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Alternatively:

Mobil1 12 Hours of Sebring presented by Visit Georgia
Old 23 Jun 2017, 15:25 (Ref:3746271)   #5325
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:

Or just burn it because Florida.
Hey now (Roadkill riff?).

First they quit giving Pit Bull millions, now this! Being Floridan is tough these days.