Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 3 Jan 2017, 03:59 (Ref:3699815)   #301
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post

Also, JDC Miller announces their line-up with a look at an updated livery for their Oreca 07.

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/be...eup-confirmed/

That car looks great, good to have the variety in the proto class.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjn356 View Post
I can hardly believe that I'm heading back to the 24 after a very long absence (since the first year of the DPs, which were braking for the dogleg). The entry list looks good and the cars look like this century's race cars and I'm hoping for a little less controlling from race control. See ya there.
Congrats on making it back to Daytona, I wish I could be making the trip this year as well. The entry looks good and the race looks to be unpredictable with all the new machinery.
Old 4 Jan 2017, 16:54 (Ref:3700158)   #302
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hinch joining Mazda at Daytona.
http://sportscarchampionship.imsa.co...prototype-team
Old 4 Jan 2017, 17:05 (Ref:3700161)   #303
JLGarcia
Racer

JLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/ro...ws-to-55-cars/

Ben Keating is a madman- and I mean that in the most endearing way.
Old 4 Jan 2017, 17:59 (Ref:3700167)   #304
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLGarcia View Post
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/ro...ws-to-55-cars/

Ben Keating is a madman- and I mean that in the most endearing way.
He certainly likes to keep busy.

Like the comment at the link article:
No Ferrari in GTLM. Kinda odd.
Old 4 Jan 2017, 18:01 (Ref:3700168)   #305
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
He certainly likes to keep busy.

Like the comment at the link article:
No Ferrari in GTLM. Kinda odd.
Risi are running in GTLM?
Old 4 Jan 2017, 18:14 (Ref:3700176)   #306
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The comment was about Scuaria Corsa, but they are shown on the entry list in GTD as well as Risi in GTLM.
Old 4 Jan 2017, 19:35 (Ref:3700201)   #307
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Last year Scuderia Corsa had 2 cars, one in GTD and one in GTLM. I think with the additional 5 cars on the entry, that will be about it for the race. Any additions would be a mild surprise.

Last edited by Lanky Turtle; 4 Jan 2017 at 19:37. Reason: Clarification of my message
Old 4 Jan 2017, 20:01 (Ref:3700208)   #308
canamman
Veteran

United States
Of course Risi. I over looked them , we're good.
Old 5 Jan 2017, 23:02 (Ref:3700415)   #309
fjn356
Rookie

fjn356 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Going to Daytona

Maybe not. Called track at 11:00 am Eastern and went on hold for 12 min. Gave up. Live chat dead. Called back in P.M. and was told that infield parking was sold out since last June. Disbelief on my part. I'm not sure I want to go to a 24 hour race where I have to go in and out of gate to access my car. Looks like Spa, LM and COTA again this year but I don't think the France family will get my money. I hate to miss all the trundling around under yellow.
Old 6 Jan 2017, 00:48 (Ref:3700433)   #310
canamman
Veteran

United States
Yea they been sold out since last summer. Try this if you
want to enjoy cars on track for 24 hrs and plenty of room.
Its a great time. http://www.classic24hour.com/
Its an easy walk up and by a ticket.
They run it in mid Nov.
Old 6 Jan 2017, 01:10 (Ref:3700436)   #311
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjn356 View Post
Maybe not. Called track at 11:00 am Eastern and went on hold for 12 min. Gave up. Live chat dead. Called back in P.M. and was told that infield parking was sold out since last June. Disbelief on my part. I'm not sure I want to go to a 24 hour race where I have to go in and out of gate to access my car. Looks like Spa, LM and COTA again this year but I don't think the France family will get my money. I hate to miss all the trundling around under yellow.
They have a very limited amount of infield parking available these days, not because they don't have the room, they just don't want to use it. I think they're trying to get more people in the stands. Infield parking sold out soon after tickets went on sale in June like you said, tent camping, same price as infield parking and basically the same thing, sold out a few months ago. Your best option now is the parking lot just outside the turn 4 tunnel in the formerly free lot which is now $40. But they do have trams that will take you around the track if you don't want to walk.
Old 6 Jan 2017, 02:57 (Ref:3700447)   #312
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanky Turtle View Post
T I think they're trying to get more people in the stands.
That has the benefit of pushing people to the concession stands on a big time basis, and also pushes them to go to area accommodations, as you can't camp in the stands.
Old 6 Jan 2017, 05:00 (Ref:3700459)   #313
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
, as you can't camp in the stands.
When did that start? I have the last 25 or so years.

jimclark
Old 6 Jan 2017, 10:15 (Ref:3700495)   #314
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
That has the benefit of pushing people to the concession stands on a big time basis, and also pushes them to go to area accommodations, as you can't camp in the stands.
But most of the concession stands in the grandstand are closed for the rolex 24. And you can camp in a big lot just outside turn 1, but what fun is that when you can't see the cars from there? It seems like they're just trying to limit traffic in the infield.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post
When did that start? I have the last 25 or so years.
I think he means you can't literally just set a tent up in the grandstands.
Old 6 Jan 2017, 13:06 (Ref:3700543)   #315
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Isn't it a bit of a tradition to sleep in the stands overnight? Just bring your sleeping bag/blanket and go horizontal on a few of the many available seats. Not really my cup of tea but nevertheless.
Old 6 Jan 2017, 15:02 (Ref:3700582)   #316
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanky Turtle View Post
But most of the concession stands in the grandstand are closed for the rolex 24. And you can camp in a big lot just outside turn 1, but what fun is that when you can't see the cars from there? It seems like they're just trying to limit traffic in the infield.

I think he means you can't literally just set a tent up in the grandstands.
Yes, the elaborate camps of several people combined don't happen in the stands. As far as the concessions, I think they will have more and more focus on those, since that is another profit center.
Old 6 Jan 2017, 15:09 (Ref:3700586)   #317
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I did a hotel room (very shady one across from Harley of Daytona) for one night and then just crashed in the front seat of a car in the infield during the race.

I never made it to the grandstands as it seemed like it was in the next county but will need to do so the next time I'm down there.
Old 6 Jan 2017, 15:23 (Ref:3700589)   #318
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Got stiffed by the guy I was supposed to get a camping pass from.

Panic mode has engaged.
Old 6 Jan 2017, 18:54 (Ref:3700644)   #319
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post

Panic mode has engaged.
Old 6 Jan 2017, 19:09 (Ref:3700649)   #320
canamman
Veteran

United States
Quote:

Panic mode has engaged.
Crap. I am still planning to do 24 hrs in the stands.
Back up will be the truck hopefully close the
area of nascar T1 outside the track if the weather
gets unbearable.
Finish line gate should be open before the race to run
through the grid before the race.
Old 6 Jan 2017, 20:05 (Ref:3700662)   #321
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
I put up a wanted ad on the Daytona Beach craigslist. Some guy messaged me with an eBay auction he's doing starting at $300.

I counter-offered $250 plus shipping and he wouldn't take it.

Bro, that's a $40 camping pass.
Old 6 Jan 2017, 20:46 (Ref:3700674)   #322
canamman
Veteran

United States
Quote:
I put up a wanted ad on the Daytona Beach craigslist. Some guy messaged me with an eBay auction he's doing starting at $300.

I counter-offered $250 plus shipping and he wouldn't take it.

Bro, that's a $40 camping pass.
Crazy - good luck!
Old 6 Jan 2017, 21:39 (Ref:3700691)   #323
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
Crap. I am still planning to do 24 hrs in the stands.
Back up will be the truck hopefully close the
area of nascar T1 outside the track if the weather
gets unbearable.
Finish line gate should be open before the race to run
through the grid before the race.
I'm over 60 and been doin' it for years. What's the problem?

jimclark
Old 6 Jan 2017, 22:08 (Ref:3700695)   #324
canamman
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post
I'm over 60 and been doin' it for years. What's the problem?
" Crap "was for Matt who lost his camping ticket.
I am looking forward to the stands. It will be a
new experience. I hope it goes smoothly and its
not too much the homeless experience.
Old 7 Jan 2017, 14:46 (Ref:3700800)   #325
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
The #24 BMW M6 livery is pretty good. I hope they get the #19 to match it here soon. Overall the M6 is a cool car. My favorite BMW yet. I marked out when they won the Spa 24 hours.