Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 8 May 2017, 15:38 (Ref:3732252)   #226
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Wasn't an itch yet....
'Sorry 'bout your bad luck. 'Happy about mine.

jimclark
Old 8 May 2017, 22:59 (Ref:3732341)   #227
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So next up for Alonso is a week from today with practice. I'm sure he's back with the McLeran team now....

Glad he's not entered into the GP. I've yet to watch an "Indy GP" and probably never will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post
'Sorry 'bout your bad luck. 'Happy about mine.
Nah. I'm okay with not losing a hero every month
Old 9 May 2017, 06:27 (Ref:3732388)   #228
The Learner Driver
Rookie

The Learner Driver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Rossi looks decidedly underwhelmed!!
He doesn't look very happy
Old 9 May 2017, 06:46 (Ref:3732395)   #229
jimclark
Veteran

United States
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Nah. I'm okay with not losing a hero every month
Jimmy was my only one. But all the others have hurt, for certain. You've got a good point there.....

jimclark
Old 10 May 2017, 07:00 (Ref:3732593)   #230
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Do I get suspended from the F1 forum for saying this looks better than anything on the F1 grid - imo.

Old 10 May 2017, 10:41 (Ref:3732640)   #231
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Do I get suspended from the F1 forum for saying this looks better than anything on the F1 grid - imo.
I wouldn't suspend you. I'd forgive you for your bad taste and pray for your recovery.

jimclark
Old 10 May 2017, 12:50 (Ref:3732656)   #232
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post

The above is Honda's aero-kit but even before the introduction of aero-kits in 2015, I never thought the DW-12 was a looker.

This is the McLaren MCL32.
Old 10 May 2017, 15:07 (Ref:3732670)   #233
jimclark
Veteran

United States
This is what a real McLaren Indycar should/did look like....

jimclark
Old 19 May 2017, 16:58 (Ref:3734496)   #234
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
In case some are only following here, Alonso is currently in the top 5 of today's practice (session #5) with a speed of 231.549 MPH. After being 19th in session #1, he was 24th in practice #2 and was 4th quickest in practice sessions #3 and #4.

Damn impressed, but I shouldn't be surprised, right?

Keep in mind, these times are in the draft. Quali starts tomorrow and for those who don't know the format, it's the fastest average of 4 laps solo on the course.
Old 19 May 2017, 20:26 (Ref:3734533)   #235
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Keep in mind, these times are in the draft. Quali starts tomorrow and for those who don't know the format, it's the fastest average of 4 laps solo on the course.
But, his 230,966 was w/o tow. Which at this moment is 3rd w/o tow.

jimclark
Old 22 May 2017, 01:15 (Ref:3735157)   #236
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So... given Mr Bourdais is now out of action for the season... could Mr Alonso do other races in the program this year?

Or indeed snaffle his FordGT seat at LeMans?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 22 May 2017, 01:44 (Ref:3735160)   #237
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Dale Coyne does run Hondas so perhaps. Think the deal here for Fred is to win Indy only. Wonder his interest IndyCar outside of that.

LM seems a little more complex, atm. I could be wrong.
Old 22 May 2017, 02:18 (Ref:3735165)   #238
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
So... given Mr Bourdais is now out of action for the season... could Mr Alonso do other races in the program this year?
Or indeed snaffle his FordGT seat at LeMans?
If even so, winning in GTE would not aid in making the triple crown he's after; that's got to be outright.

jimclark
Old 22 May 2017, 04:30 (Ref:3735178)   #239
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post
If even so, winning in GTE would not aid in making the triple crown he's after; that's got to be outright.
Who knows what the Alonso magic could produce...
Old 22 May 2017, 10:38 (Ref:3735227)   #240
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
No reason not for him to try more Indy races this year. Not like McLaren is going anywhere this year anyway.
Old 22 May 2017, 11:18 (Ref:3735236)   #241
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
No reason not for him to try more Indy races this year. Not like McLaren is going anywhere this year anyway.
There is the question of his contract with McLaren.
Old 22 May 2017, 11:32 (Ref:3735238)   #242
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
There is the question of his contract with McLaren.
I'm betting that contract gets pretty flexible when Fernando sits with down with Zak and says "I'm tired of this, I'm walking away".

If he doesn't win the 500, I think he should get himself into as many IndyCar events as he can.
Old 22 May 2017, 12:21 (Ref:3735245)   #243
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I'm betting that contract gets pretty flexible when Fernando sits with down with Zak and says "I'm tired of this, I'm walking away".

If he doesn't win the 500, I think he should get himself into as many IndyCar events as he can.
Exactly. What's McLaren going to do? **** him off and make sure he doesn't stay with them? The fact they let him do this is one of the few reasons he might stick with them another year.
Old 22 May 2017, 12:23 (Ref:3735246)   #244
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post

That begs the questions, what if the Honda engine comes good? If it doesn't, then would Andretti Autosport be prepared to assist Alonso and McLaren compete in further races? They already run three cars, as well as teaming up with Bryan Herta.
Old 22 May 2017, 13:32 (Ref:3735267)   #245
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I still sit here cross fingered that Honda has fixed whatever it is that has seen so many blown powerplants in this Indy campaign.

Would hate to see Mr Alonso's promise blow up like his F1 car
Old 22 May 2017, 13:33 (Ref:3735268)   #246
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
That begs the questions, what if the Honda engine comes good? If it doesn't, then would Andretti Autosport be prepared to assist Alonso and McLaren compete in further races? They already run three cars, as well as teaming up with Bryan Herta.
Unless I missed something, the Alonso car is at least partly crewed by the boys & girls at Michael Shank Racing.

Perhaps that could be continued? If interest existed..
Old 22 May 2017, 13:49 (Ref:3735273)   #247
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
I don't know how the budgets work, but I'm sure if Andretti A was able to grab a sponsor along with Alonso, it could be done. I'd rather see him fill in for Seabass at Dale Coyne, if he stays.

This all hinges on what the contract with Honda / McLeran is, not that contracts can be changed.
Old 22 May 2017, 14:15 (Ref:3735276)   #248
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I don't think Alonso is finished with F1 yet. But this may have whetted his appetite for 2019 or 2020.
Old 22 May 2017, 14:45 (Ref:3735281)   #249
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Unless I missed something, the Alonso car is at least partly crewed by the boys & girls at Michael Shank Racing.
Isn't that the Howard car (#50) ?
Or is it both?
Old 22 May 2017, 17:10 (Ref:3735303)   #250
FLGTFAN
Racer

United States
Naples, Florida
FLGTFAN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:

Perhaps that could be continued? If interest existed..
No. Jack Harvey #50. Am rooting hard for them too!