Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 10 Jun 2014, 17:34 (Ref:3418246)   #26
SKG
Racer

Wales
Mid-Wales
SKG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm a big fan of May 22nd. Great job on the different layouts, there are some ingenious solutions to allow for so much variety. I especially like how the outer and inner circuits can be run simultaneously.
Old 17 Jun 2014, 08:36 (Ref:3422931)   #27
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The diagram of June 9th evokes thoughts of a mixture of Salzburgring and Okayama (Aida TI Circuit). The quicker sections remind me of Salzburgring and the slower ones of Aida. I wonder what the setup would have to be like.
Old 20 Jun 2014, 05:08 (Ref:3424067)   #28
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
LuiggiSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
your multi layout is awesome!
great work
Old 21 Jun 2014, 21:25 (Ref:3424715)   #29
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A couple of quick designs to review...
Attached Thumbnails
June.jpg   june 2.jpg  
Old 22 Jun 2014, 22:25 (Ref:3425104)   #30
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
LuiggiSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the one on the right it's my kind of track, very well executed Sir.
Old 22 Jun 2014, 23:16 (Ref:3425122)   #31
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If I have time next week, I'll add some run off to that one.

The left one was going to have a back story about the old T2 being too fast, and not having enough land to add run off, hence the new earlier T2, an Omega type turn that then gently curves back onto the back straight.
Old 26 Jun 2014, 16:13 (Ref:3426843)   #32
Yannick
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuiggiSpeed View Post
the one on the right it's my kind of track, very well executed Sir.
I agree. This circuit in post #29 on the right is one of the "simplest" designs you have ever done. And as we say around these parts, simple tracks are always the hardest to come up with. This circuit is your best since a few years ago at least. Kudos! And it even has your signature parallel straights (!)
Old 27 Jun 2014, 21:29 (Ref:3427291)   #33
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
This is a design in development, that I've sort of lost interest in.

Click image for larger version

Name:	June 3 development.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	320.6 KB
ID:	42830

The full circuit is approx 3.5 miles
The Outer or perimeter circuit is approx 2.7 miles
The shortest version is approx 2.2 miles

All versions run anti/counter clockwise
Old 6 Jul 2014, 20:44 (Ref:3431166)   #34
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
Another in progress
Working Anti clockwise from a single pit.

Name:	July 1 Dims.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	352.3 KB
ID:	42897 Click image for larger version

Name:	July 1 added pits.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	261.4 KB
ID:	42898

The middle version of the circuit can be run without the break in the 1000m straight if the organising series though their cars/bikes could deal with the long straight.
Likewise the GP circuit could use the extra section if the series wanted the length of circuit but not the full straight.
Old 14 Jul 2014, 21:15 (Ref:3433943)   #35
Yannick
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post

Attachment 42830

To help you regain your interest in this one, maybe you like some of the following suggestions. I'd like to edit some parts of the track:

1) a change to the pit straight: the current pit straight has a kink at its beginning that ends just before the paddock begins. How about mirroring that section at an imaginary line that perpendicularly crosses the paddock and the front straight at the center of the paddock, so you'd have another kink to the right near pit exit. Your current Turn 1 would gain an increase in radius but also come closer to 180 degrees. And Turn 1 would also become more interesting.
2) a change to the infield section: after the 162.56m long straight, there is a right-hander, and then a slightly curved straight. On from that corner, there should be a shell-like spiral leading inward towards a tight corner, and then another shell-like spiral leading outward onto the penultimate straight. That would add some interesting acceleration forces to the side.

Here's hoping you like my suggestions.
Old 14 Jul 2014, 22:50 (Ref:3433957)   #36
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
Of the first, to put a kink in before T1...where would a safe pit exit point be? Or are you suggesting moving the pit to the outside.
Second, I'm afraid I don't understand the shell parts as you describe them.
Old 7 Aug 2014, 13:45 (Ref:3442216)   #37
Yannick
Veteran

Quote:
Of the first, to put a kink in before T1...where would a safe pit exit point be? Or are you suggesting moving the pit to the outside.
Second, I'm afraid I don't understand the shell parts as you describe them.
Sorry that my description wasn't understandable. First, I'd like to suggest putting a kink to the right onto the front straight about where the pit exit is located. Then have the track rejoin the current track layout before the current right-hander of Turn 2. This would change the current Turn 1 into almost 180 degrees and it would gain in radius, making it faster.

Secondly, I wanted to suggest replacing the current infield section with something modelled on the Turns 1, 2 and 3 of Shanghai International Circuit.

I hope this makes things clearer without me actually having to draw a CGI ;-)
Thank you for your interest, SBF. I hope you like my suggestions.
Old 8 Aug 2014, 06:10 (Ref:3442387)   #38
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Attachment 42830

I really like this. it would make a great national circuit for national and level 2 international events.
Old 20 Aug 2014, 23:49 (Ref:3445847)   #39
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
I was going to keep nibbling away at this for another little while but realised that I hadn't posted any of my own circuits for a month so....

This is a it of a wild one for me, because I'm on record as not liking street circuits. So quite why I've designed not just my own street circuit, but also fictional beach front location. Add to this I've loved going back a few years to CART circuits in the States that wrapped themselves around the supports of elevated highways.
Well I've taken that a stage further to try and include not one but actually two elevated sections over roads that remain open.

This is very much incomplete, I will probably still nibble away adding details such as bridge supports, I'll probably import other building to fill it out a bit, but as you'll see the conference centre and the Baseball stadium are my own rather blocky design.

I should add that it's anti clockwise and is 5.5km or 3.44 miles long
Attached Thumbnails
August 1 Top view WIP.jpg   August 1 Elevation 1 WIP.jpg   August 1 Elevation 2 WIP.jpg  

August 1 Elevation 3 WIP.jpg  
Old 28 Aug 2014, 15:05 (Ref:3448553)   #40
Yannick
Veteran

Now that is interesting! :-)

The flow of the circuit is very good, too.

Here's wishing you success in finishing this one. I'm looking forward to the outcome.
Old 5 Sep 2014, 21:50 (Ref:3450637)   #41
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
I haven't gone back to that one, but in the mean time I've been working on anther design that has more detail than I've been adding of late.

The venue has an anticlockwise GP circuit of 4.663 km ... 2.91 miles
a shortened circuit running anticlockwise at 3.522km ... 2.20 miles
It also has a Full 1/4 mile Drag strip to FIA/NHRA standards that can be run at the same time as the short circuit.

The viewing boxes behind the Drag start also provide excellent views of the hairpin, for additional hospitality, likewise the seats in the main drag strip grandstand, (other than the first few rows) have clear views to the hairpin.
Attached Thumbnails
August2 Top View.jpg   August2 Top View Dims.jpg   August2 Top Angle.jpg  

August2 Top angle 2.jpg   August2 onto the strip.jpg  
Old 6 Sep 2014, 20:17 (Ref:3450844)   #42
Yannick
Veteran

Quote:
I haven't gone back to that one, but in the mean time I've been working on anther design that has more detail than I've been adding of late.

The venue has an anticlockwise GP circuit of 4.663 km ... 2.91 miles
a shortened circuit running anticlockwise at 3.522km ... 2.20 miles
It also has a Full 1/4 mile Drag strip to FIA/NHRA standards that can be run at the same time as the short circuit.

The viewing boxes behind the Drag start also provide excellent views of the hairpin, for additional hospitality, likewise the seats in the main drag strip grandstand, (other than the first few rows) have clear views to the hairpin.
I'd like to see DTM have a go on the short loop of this circuit. That could be pretty good.
Old 9 Sep 2014, 21:04 (Ref:3451640)   #43
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
The circuit in this next one is done, but as I've drawn it in less than 2 days it somehow doesn't feel complete.

Anyway anticlockwise for 5.80 km or 3.625 miles
Attached Thumbnails
September 1 Top View.jpg  
Old 10 Sep 2014, 00:08 (Ref:3451669)   #44
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Of yours from this year, this one is maybe the best, certainly in the running with your March 27/31 effort.

I like the relative simplicity and flow. It doesn't try to wrap around everywhere, and it has a minimum of extra little wiggles. A number of yours just have all these little jogs and things, which break up the circuit's overall form, and I don't think necessarily help the racing much, if at all, either.

This track eliminates the "clutter", and delivers a very attractive end result as a whole. This one puts a smile on my face. Thank you.
Old 10 Sep 2014, 09:48 (Ref:3451768)   #45
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
I think I'm probably guilty of trying to add shorter loops into some of my longer designs. In the process the original layout whilst still there, is visually lost amongst the gravel traps and extra bits of circuit.

In this one as I commented there is an obvious short cut but decided not to show it
Old 17 Sep 2014, 01:06 (Ref:3454139)   #46
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
I'm annoyed with myself over this one. I had created a bit of fictional background story to go along with this as a circuit evolution, but it doesn't look like it saved the screen shots properly, and I've removed most of the curves and joins.

So not quite in the way that I intended, the original circuit is shown in red and runs anti clockwise was supposed to be a park roads within the grounds of a Country house. Long wide open curves and straights think pre-war behemoths thundering around.

Name:	September 2 Original.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	253.8 KB
ID:	43533

A 1950s extension saw the circuit expand eastward through a re-profiled T1, rejoining back onto the original circuit with a sweeping right hander shown in Blue .

Name:	September 2 Loop added.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	252.3 KB
ID:	43534

The circuit was again expanded as it was seen as too small in the late 1980s, resulting in the circuit layout used today. This layout utilises a section of the original layout that had fallen into disrepair but in the opposite direction.
This configuration measures 4.06 km or 2.537 miles and caters for Modern Touring cars and Superbike classes without being overly large for Club events.

Name:	September 2 Current circuit.jpg
Size:	251.7 KB
ID:	43535

Its a tribute to the vision of the early people who saw the roads as being good for racing, that all the changes made, have taken place between the original T1 and T2 with the remainder of the circuit unchanged other than for safety.

Sorry I haven't finished it, or can give the sizes of the original circuits. If someone want so know I can bodge the original T1 back in likewise the joins for the blue section and re-measure.
Old 20 Sep 2014, 16:31 (Ref:3455518)   #47
Yannick
Veteran

Quote:
I'm annoyed with myself over this one. I had created a bit of fictional background story to go along with this as a circuit evolution, but it doesn't look like it saved the screen shots properly, and I've removed most of the curves and joins.

So not quite in the way that I intended, the original circuit is shown in red and runs anti clockwise was supposed to be a park roads within the grounds of a Country house. Long wide open curves and straights think pre-war behemoths thundering around.

Attachment 43533

A 1950s extension saw the circuit expand eastward through a re-profiled T1, rejoining back onto the original circuit with a sweeping right hander shown in Blue .

Attachment 43534

The circuit was again expanded as it was seen as too small in the late 1980s, resulting in the circuit layout used today. This layout utilises a section of the original layout that had fallen into disrepair but in the opposite direction.
This configuration measures 4.06 km or 2.537 miles and caters for Modern Touring cars and Superbike classes without being overly large for Club events.

Attachment 43535

Its a tribute to the vision of the early people who saw the roads as being good for racing, that all the changes made, have taken place between the original T1 and T2 with the remainder of the circuit unchanged other than for safety.

Sorry I haven't finished it, or can give the sizes of the original circuits. If someone want so know I can bodge the original T1 back in likewise the joins for the blue section and re-measure.
The final version (grey) of this one looks pretty good. Lots of fast corners. I would like to know more about the elevation changes.
Old 20 Sep 2014, 23:14 (Ref:3455881)   #48
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yannick View Post
The final version (grey) of this one looks pretty good. Lots of fast corners. I would like to know more about the elevation changes.
As its set within the parklands of a country house, no big changes but there would be gentle rolling elevation. a few stands of trees etc dotted around.

Last edited by ScotsBrutesFan; 20 Sep 2014 at 23:33.
Old 25 Sep 2014, 22:47 (Ref:3457678)   #49
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
I've been trying to simplify things a bit, not put in short cuts for the sake of trimming half a mile off a longer clubby/National circuit.

I know I won't have time to finish this over the next few days so posting as is ...

Name:	September 3 Top.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	309.9 KB
ID:	43628
Old 10 Oct 2014, 23:51 (Ref:3463164)   #50
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
Onto another....

Name:	October 1 dimensions.jpg
Size:	250.9 KB
ID:	43850 Click image for larger version

Name:	October 1 Top View.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	261.8 KB
ID:	43851

And couple of other angles