Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 30 Jun 2014, 05:53 (Ref:3428404)   #1
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
LuiggiSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's been a long time...

...since I don't put out a challenge!

I have yet to find a solution of putting a circuit here in this area, of course it will be a small, club like track, I'd like it to measure at least 1.5 miles (or better if possible) , 10 meters wide, maybe 12 or 15 on the main straight. The rest you may fire at will, 'd love to see your takes on this problem.

As a guide, the farthest distance within the area is 480m from the tip of the left bottom area to the end on the right side.The area to use is within the white line, make sure the run of kind of stays inside, though that could be negotiable.
Attached Thumbnails
Bechara_Raw.jpg  
Old 30 Jun 2014, 12:46 (Ref:3428563)   #2
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Do you want a full paddock in that space, or just a hot pit. If just the pit, then how much space and where ca the paddock be located?
Old 30 Jun 2014, 15:46 (Ref:3428639)   #3
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
Do you want a full paddock in that space, or just a hot pit. If just the pit, then how much space and where ca the paddock be located?
Just a hot pit, good enough for weekend warriors and medium sized events, track is for touring cars and bikes
Old 30 Jun 2014, 21:02 (Ref:3428736)   #4
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Here goes...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Luiggi Circuit 1 Top view.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	702.6 KB
ID:	42842

It's 10m wide all around though the S/F could be wider for the grid but would have to narrow into T1.

It runs anticlockwise, the hot pit is simply access to the circuit itself and pit signals ... no pits stops here.

It runs 1.32 miles or 2.114 km

For reference this would be about 100m longer than Knockhill in Scotland which had British Superbikes doing sub 49 second laps over the weekend.

Oh and might need to borrow a little of the border for run off in places such as exit of T3 and the exit of the "fast esses" T8.
Old 30 Jun 2014, 21:08 (Ref:3428738)   #5
SKG
Racer

Wales
Mid-Wales
SKG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This looks like fun, I'll have a go!

Nice one SBF.
Old 30 Jun 2014, 22:47 (Ref:3428777)   #6
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
Scots Brutes Fan you will laugh when I show you one that I already made, pretty similar approach! Keep it coming!
Old 1 Jul 2014, 00:00 (Ref:3428796)   #7
The IC
Racer

Australia
The IC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
heh...id like to have a go, but i dont think id ever finish chopping and changing and starting over trying to fit something in the designated space
Old 12 Sep 2014, 22:48 (Ref:3452727)   #8
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
Can't believe I didn't posted the circuit, sorry I've been too busy with my job!

I think SBF and I we thought it out very closely!

Incredibly, I managed to lay 2Km of track in that kind of space, and managed to get a few not so slow corners.
Attached Thumbnails
bechara_Mini_Circuit.jpg