Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 1 May 2017, 12:13 (Ref:3730334)   #1
rx4u
Rookie

UK-ROI
Portsmouth
rx4u should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Erc24 website

This site was a place to visit regularly but it is hardly updated, always like ed the postings and results and reports but now hardly anything although it was starting to become a way to promote historic stuff. A shadow of its former self a shame, the photographer Jen? was top notch one far better than all the others for the past years.
Old 1 May 2017, 12:53 (Ref:3730341)   #2
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have noticed that the website doesn't seem to be updated very frequently now. The Facebook page is still quite active though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx4u
the photographer Jen? was top notch one far better than all the others for the past years.
You mean Jan Kare Rafoss? Yeah, I would agree that he sets a very high standard for rallycross photos. His pictures are still shared through the ERC24 Facebook, you can also see them (in much better quality) on the ERC24 Flickr page:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/erc24/albums

I think Jakub Nitka (QBA) is still connected to ERC24. His pictures are a close second to JKR in my personal opinion!
Old 1 May 2017, 13:19 (Ref:3730349)   #3
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think the guy that ran it is now a IMG guy, so that would explain it, don.t want any competition.
Old 1 May 2017, 13:25 (Ref:3730355)   #4
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think IMG and other media has indirectly killed it off. In the past ERC24 was the best source for information about rallycross and was something of an unofficial website for the sport. Now though the official WRX website posts all the news, results and other information as well surrounding WRX and ERX which were the primaries of ERC24 in the past.

Besides from IMG you also got Autosport, Motorsport.com etc. and national media covering rallycross. Every event is broadcasted live too so one doesn't have too follow what happens through live reports.

It wasn't a big operation either and has unfortunately got out conquered from other sources of media.

It is sad though since ERC24 was an neutral site and could post rumors and negative aspects of the sport. IMG would never post anything that would make their brand, WRX or ERX look bad. If one are too believe what they post and say, rallycross is a new and cool sport in the world with stars competing permanently or doing single entries at world class arenas of rallycross. Just about everything is positive.

If ERC24 was up and kicking it could have been a source where one could learn about things behind the curtains. Usually it is former drivers and current organisers from other times that might put light on the negative things but there is no media really reporting directly. Media in rallycross nowadays are quite one-sided and negative things are untouched.
Old 1 May 2017, 16:27 (Ref:3730392)   #5
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It had nyumerous people writing for it which was great, and they used to upload pics and stuff form the events which was great.

but now snappers all user their own personal pages which I cant be arsed to go to every time, bit of a pointless exercise and a lot of them have links to teams so the pics are very biased.

Damn, shame, just another reason to hate IMG
Old 2 May 2017, 06:23 (Ref:3730485)   #6
rx4u
Rookie

UK-ROI
Portsmouth
rx4u should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
I think the guy that ran it is now a IMG guy, so that would explain it, don.t want any competition.
What a shame that is then, but rallycrossworld is still going so in the German one or was forget it's name just now.
Jaan is right re photographs always exceptional you don't see many others about not of that quality I think anyway. So I guess another change not always for the better I guess img want to be the man source so as to get all the traffic.