Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Oct 2017, 17:43 (Ref:3777564)   #16
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hopefully Seb, Max, Danny and maybe even Fred can give him an even greater challenge in 2018
Old 30 Oct 2017, 18:19 (Ref:3777569)   #17
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
Veteran

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Yes congratulations to Lewis, bloody good driver and seems to be maturing in the last half of the season. I hope he goes on to more championships but next year he may well have two other drivers to contend with. That should be fun..

As an aside it does demonstrate how underrated Nico was.
I never thought Nico was underrated, just somewhat marginalized.
Old 30 Oct 2017, 20:24 (Ref:3777593)   #18
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
is it?
For me it is.
Old 30 Oct 2017, 21:11 (Ref:3777612)   #19
Aysedasi
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
Lewis does seem to make a meal of his end-of-season races, when the pressure starts to come off. He can't really be feeling very pleased with the way he confirmed his 4th championship, but he can be very proud of the season as a whole. Championships are won over the long haul.

Made a meal of it? Only because somebody in a red car was eating his porridge then..... After Vettel's clumsy opening, there was nothing really that Hamilton needed to go banzai over.

A hugely deserved WDC. But if Max's Red Bull is good next season, a 5th for Hamilton or Vettel will need to be hard fought for....
Old 31 Oct 2017, 20:35 (Ref:3777822)   #20
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!
Hamilton is certainly the fastest driver at the mo and is quickly becoming 'complete.'
He has done an amazing job this season. He seemed to relish it more than any other time since 07 & 08.
Old 1 Nov 2017, 08:38 (Ref:3777927)   #21
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Made a meal of it? Only because somebody in a red car was eating his porridge then..... After Vettel's clumsy opening, there was nothing really that Hamilton needed to go banzai over.

A hugely deserved WDC. But if Max's Red Bull is good next season, a 5th for Hamilton or Vettel will need to be hard fought for....
Isnít it Mr Alonsoís turn? He keeps talking as if it is...
Old 1 Nov 2017, 09:11 (Ref:3777935)   #22
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Graz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Great, great driver.

Not the nicest chap imo. All this social media stuff he "does for the fans" is for self publicity. He said years ago he is desperate to remain famous after F1.

I see he called the Mexican fans the best in F1. Did he not say the same in the US, Japan and Britain? He loves the fans so long as they fund his lifestyle.

All that said, I hope he stays for a while yet so we can see some great battles between him,Vettel, Danny Ric and the young guns. It all depends on Ferrari. RB and Renault producing better cars.

Savior Hamilton the driver though, he's one of those once in a generation talents. Shame he's such an ass though.
Old 1 Nov 2017, 15:00 (Ref:3777990)   #23
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That.
Old 1 Nov 2017, 16:00 (Ref:3778001)   #24
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graz View Post
Great, great driver.

Not the nicest chap imo. All this social media stuff he "does for the fans" is for self publicity. He said years ago he is desperate to remain famous after F1.

I see he called the Mexican fans the best in F1. Did he not say the same in the US, Japan and Britain? He loves the fans so long as they fund his lifestyle.
Welcome to the real world, where this happens EVERYWHERE. It is the current way of the world. I'll reserve judgement on his personality if/when I meet him and make a proper assessment.

And just a correction - the fans do not 'fund' his lifestyle any more than the man on the street pays yours. He is paid by Mercedes and has sponsorship deals (which pay for his salary indirectly). Just like every other top sportsman, and indeed you. If you look deep enough.

It interesting, but if people like LH or any top flight sportsman were not making money for the team, then they wouldn't be paid what they are. The team makes more money from them than they make themselves.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 1 Nov 2017, 16:21 (Ref:3778005)   #25
steve_r
Veteran

England
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsteve_r should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsteve_r should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Someone cant say that a set of fans are great these days, without someone with a keyboard slating them for it.
Old 1 Nov 2017, 16:32 (Ref:3778008)   #26
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
He's a great driver but a complete tit.
Old 1 Nov 2017, 16:51 (Ref:3778013)   #27
Mike Harte
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMike Harte should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I wouldn't go quite that far as to his driving, but I do think that he is a very good driver. Just not great.

Unfortunately, tits are useful to humanity; not something that I would ascribe to Hamilton.
Old 1 Nov 2017, 19:23 (Ref:3778035)   #28
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
Veteran

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I wouldn't call him a complete tit, that's harsh. He's unfortunately, adopted a pop star image, a long with some of the negative aspects of that image, which in the world of motorsport grates and is somewhat cringeworthy. Unfortunately, he doesn't see it.
Old 1 Nov 2017, 19:44 (Ref:3778039)   #29
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!
to be honest, i dont see it either.

fair enough if you dont respect that lifestyle or the fashion sense of the multi million dollar athlete, but surely even in that light, LH's demeanor and activities are pretty trivial compared to much of the salacious behaviour we as a society have become accustomed to seeing from other over privileged and/or overpaid sports stars.

that said, i will also tolerate his behaviour less the day he stops winning!
Old 1 Nov 2017, 20:33 (Ref:3778047)   #30
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
Veteran

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
to be honest, i dont see it either.

fair enough if you dont respect that lifestyle or the fashion sense of the multi million dollar athlete, but surely even in that light, LH's demeanor and activities are pretty trivial compared to much of the salacious behaviour we as a society have become accustomed to seeing from other over privileged and/or overpaid sports stars.

that said, i will also tolerate his behaviour less the day he stops winning!
It's nothing to do with respecting, or not respecting the lifestyle/fashion sense of a multi million dollar athlete. I'm not wowed by status or celebrity. It's the negative aspects I don't care for, for example the crowd surfing at Silverstone. Call me old fashioned but I found that to be inappropriate and cringeworthy.