Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 Nov 2017, 15:42 (Ref:3780197)   #46
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!
Pirelli have cancelled its post race test following a Sunday robbery attempt on its staff. no one was hurt as Pirelli security dealt with the matter.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/i...-fears-978347/
Old 13 Nov 2017, 16:11 (Ref:3780201)   #47
Mike Harte
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMike Harte should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As lovely as the country is, it has proven over the years to be a somewhat lawless place. And victims can be treated badly by the authorities, too, in the case of robberies or muggings.

About 12 years ago, my father, aged around 90 at the time, was robbed at knifepoint by a taxi driver who was taking him to a hotel from a cruise ship berthed in Rio de Janeiro. The driver stopped the taxi on a highway tight up against the barrier so that the passenger door couldn't be opened and stuck his knife in my father's neck, and demanded everything that he was carrying. Once he had taken what he could, he pulled away from the barrier and pushed my father out of the taxi.

He was picked up by a complete stranger who took him to a police station, where they questioned him for most of the day about the incident, and was only allowed to go when my father, after various protests that they let him go, was allowed to phone the British Consulate who arranged for him to be allowed to leave both the police station and the country. The police had been demanding that he remain until they caught the driver, and so that my father could identify him. Meanwhile, during the whole time that he had remained in the police station, they had not offered him anything to drink or eat even though he was kept there for about 8 or 9 hours.
Old 13 Nov 2017, 17:17 (Ref:3780215)   #48
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Seb takes advantage of Lewis being at the back and takes his first win since the summer break. Valterri threw it away at the start, but at least he kept Seb honest at times. And Lewis, what a drive from the back, even if he was in the fastest car, he still made the most of it. The only one who really fought hard for the position was Max which was entertaining. Max himself seems to be getting his racing brain on in quite rightly playing the percentages with an extra stop to be safe, knowing 5th was pretty much secure. And Danny on the brakes was something to behold

Massa, at least this time he was able to finish his second 'last' Brazilian GP and did a brilliant job too, holding off Fred, who once again defied the power deficiency of the Honda engine to be up there.

Ocon ends his finishing run, but I think the stewards were wrong to punish Grosjean. He was fully alongside and neither driver backed out and Ocon looked like he was getting out of shape before Grosjean hit. Racing incident, but the stewards seem to think otherwise

I just hope though we don't have a repeat of what we saw off track this weekend. It's always been a problem, but it seemed to happen every day. Shame, because Interlagos is a great circuit and the fans are great, so really I just hope it's addressed for the future
Old 13 Nov 2017, 18:01 (Ref:3780233)   #49
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post

Ocon ends his finishing run, but I think the stewards were wrong to punish Grosjean. He was fully alongside and neither driver backed out and Ocon looked like he was getting out of shape before Grosjean hit. Racing incident, but the stewards seem to think otherwise
On this point, I know it was very marginal, but from what I saw on TV the incident between Grosjean and Ocon occurred AFTER the SC light started flashing, so even less excuse for Grosjean to be pushing hard.....they could have continued round the corner side by side and then taken station under SC rules.
Old 13 Nov 2017, 18:03 (Ref:3780234)   #50
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Could this be the end of the Brazilian GP? With no Massa next year to pull in the fans, will the teams and the FIA decide that the good bits of Interlagos no longer outweigh the criminal bits?
Old 13 Nov 2017, 18:06 (Ref:3780236)   #51
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
Could this be the end of the Brazilian GP? With no Massa next year to pull in the fans, will the teams and the FIA decide that the good bits of Interlagos no longer outweigh the criminal bits?
Was wondering myself this also.
Old 13 Nov 2017, 19:37 (Ref:3780250)   #52
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
Veteran

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
On this point, I know it was very marginal, but from what I saw on TV the incident between Grosjean and Ocon occurred AFTER the SC light started flashing, so even less excuse for Grosjean to be pushing hard.....they could have continued round the corner side by side and then taken station under SC rules.
The SC light came on due to Vandoorne and Magnussen coming together and punting Ricciardo off the track. At the time, I thought Grosjean was pushing unnecessarily hard and that caused the incident.
Old 13 Nov 2017, 19:58 (Ref:3780258)   #53
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
The SC light came on due to Vandoorne and Magnussen coming together and punting Ricciardo off the track. At the time, I thought Grosjean was pushing unnecessarily hard and that caused the incident.

But it wasn’t dangerous, unsporting or overambitious, it was a mistake and nothing more
Old 13 Nov 2017, 21:05 (Ref:3780281)   #54
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
Veteran

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
But it wasn’t dangerous, unsporting or overambitious, it was a mistake and nothing more
I watched the race live and at the time I thought he was overambitious and so my reaction was based on that. I haven't seen highlights, or replays but I'm sure there will be something on YouTube, so I'll watch it.
Old 13 Nov 2017, 21:37 (Ref:3780295)   #55
B0U170NS
Rookie

B0U170NS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sorry but if you penalise Grosjean for his coming together with Ocon, then Vettel should also have been penalised at Mexico for ruining Hamilton's race. Also why wasn't Stroll penalised for not getting out of the way of the leaders. Blatantly ignoring blue flags. It seems the stewards only have eyes for the grey American cars!!
Old 13 Nov 2017, 22:11 (Ref:3780304)   #56
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRWill2073 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRWill2073 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRWill2073 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
For a place with such a rich history in the sport, they sure are pushing it away. At this point, I wouldn't be opposed to f1 not going back to Brazil until things can go off without life-endangerment. And honestly, while a nice track, it doesn't have many areas for passing and becomes quite processional.

@s griffin: I think max was only interested in setting record lap, and good for him for it. Don't think it was anything to do with racecraft or anything, he was just bored and annoyed and felt like making something interesting of it.
Old 14 Nov 2017, 15:09 (Ref:3780395)   #57
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
For a place with such a rich history in the sport, they sure are pushing it away. At this point, I wouldn't be opposed to f1 not going back to Brazil until things can go off without life-endangerment. And honestly, while a nice track, it doesn't have many areas for passing and becomes quite processional.

@s griffin: I think max was only interested in setting record lap, and good for him for it. Don't think it was anything to do with racecraft or anything, he was just bored and annoyed and felt like making something interesting of it.
That's true, but he probably knew he was far enough ahead of Danny to know he could make that decision
Old 14 Nov 2017, 17:43 (Ref:3780419)   #58
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer is going for a new world record!Born Racer is going for a new world record!Born Racer is going for a new world record!Born Racer is going for a new world record!Born Racer is going for a new world record!Born Racer is going for a new world record!Born Racer is going for a new world record!
Max mentioned in his post-race comments, which you can see on formula1.com, that he wanted fastest lap; I suppose he also wanted to drive a well-handling car at that stage for pleasure. I don't know how much his lap times were dropping off, but he could have defended it from the angle of safety, but they haven't had the tyre failures Ferrari have previously had.

I don't agree with the Grosjean penalty either. He claims to have suffered a puncture. That being the case or not, the contact with Ocon was the result of him losing his car, not 'causing an avoidable accident' in the usual way. This sets an uneasy precedent for me. As a poster previously remarked, why not therefore handle Vettel one for Mexico?
Old 14 Nov 2017, 22:11 (Ref:3780476)   #59
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
I don't agree with the Grosjean penalty either. He claims to have suffered a puncture. That being the case or not, the contact with Ocon was the result of him losing his car, not 'causing an avoidable accident' in the usual way. This sets an uneasy precedent for me. As a poster previously remarked, why not therefore handle Vettel one for Mexico?
the entire system needs a shakeup, starting with the absolute basic remit. are they there to slap drivers on the wrist for being slack enough to lose control of their car and hit another one so early in the race? in which case they've turned far too many blind eyes this season.

unfortunately for grosjean i suspect there's very few people that listen to his excuses and whinging any more...
Old 14 Nov 2017, 22:21 (Ref:3780480)   #60
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Max mentioned in his post-race comments, which you can see on formula1.com, that he wanted fastest lap; I suppose he also wanted to drive a well-handling car at that stage for pleasure. I don't know how much his lap times were dropping off, but he could have defended it from the angle of safety, but they haven't had the tyre failures Ferrari have previously had.
It was mentioned in commentary that he gets a bonus for fastest lap! They’ll never get him to nurse his car at the end with a clause like that.