Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 25 Mar 2022, 19:41 (Ref:4104280)   #1601
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard117 View Post
Spyker is now owned by Russians (SMP / BR). Given the current situation, I don't think that will really help.
I know, my reply was not serious.
Old 28 Mar 2022, 07:56 (Ref:4104597)   #1602
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This car demonstrates a large problem with the current plan the ACO has.

LMP2 is now for purely customer teams. You cannot build your own things in there. Ok that's fine. HyperCar is for manufacturers. You musty be a car brand to run in that.

Ok, so where do there in between go? Where does ByKolles and the likes actually go? They've been regulated out of everything. Same with Rebellion. Look back at all the weird LMP1 and LMP2 cars we had before, that now we can't have.

And of course the big one, that the ACO still hasn't learn from - when you build your bridge based on manufacturers, your bridge can collapse at any point. They still don't have the enthusiastic privateer entries to fall back on, because they literally regulated them out.

Let the ByKolles run. Without Vanwall branding. Regardless of its abilities (or lack thereof), these sort of teams provide the backbone to the series when manufacturers leave - which they always do.
Old 28 Mar 2022, 09:19 (Ref:4104611)   #1603
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I can sympathise with Kolles here, but maybe they are asking too much here. Times have moved on.

That said while it's great having the manufacturers in the series, they shouldn't rely wholly on them. I'm sure there will still be plenty of manufacturers for years to come, but let's keep the field open for private outfits.

Be great to have the Vanwall brand back all the same, means more than just Kolles to be frank
Old 28 Mar 2022, 09:22 (Ref:4104612)   #1604
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I can sympathise with Kolles here, but maybe they are asking too much here. Times have moved on.
What are ByKolles asking for that's too much?
Old 28 Mar 2022, 10:51 (Ref:4104635)   #1605
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Let the ByKolles run. Without Vanwall branding. Regardless of its abilities (or lack thereof), these sort of teams provide the backbone to the series when manufacturers leave - which they always do.
I would like to understand the thinking behind this no privateer constructor rule. Are they just hung up on Hypercars having some connection to road cars even if it is just funny car styling? Or is BoP the elephant in the room? Can't have Ferrari finally returning only to be beaten by an amateur enthusiast with some extra boost!

There is a wider responsibility too, I think. Spec racing and LMP2-style de facto spec racing has closed off almost every avenue for start up constructors and engine builders at the international level.

Last edited by Mike E; 28 Mar 2022 at 11:09.
Old 28 Mar 2022, 11:25 (Ref:4104641)   #1606
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post

There is a wider responsibility too, I think. Spec racing and LMP2-style de facto spec racing has closed off almost every avenue for start up constructors and engine builders at the international level.
And further to this, BoP provides an obvious solution. There is little point out spending your competition in a BoP formula, which opens up the opportunity to encourage privateers to have a go.
Old 28 Mar 2022, 11:41 (Ref:4104646)   #1607
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Presumably the ACO still loves the short term gain of chasing the magical activation money. Which is why we ended up with 4 GTE-Pro Teams a time, whilst losing privateer teams.
Old 29 Mar 2022, 19:46 (Ref:4104835)   #1608
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thinking more about this Kolles car, while the aero looks incomplete to me with not much visible ventilation around the wheels, this is how they have always presented the car in the drawings as well:

https://twitter.com/ByKOLLES/status/...Ruf196XTJvuf9Q
Old 30 Mar 2022, 10:24 (Ref:4104876)   #1609
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Kolles have done well to get where they are, so I hope they find someway to get on the grid this year
Old 30 Mar 2022, 16:33 (Ref:4104905)   #1610
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Kolles have done well to get where they are, so I hope they find someway to get on the grid this year
I'm not sure they've actually got anywhere yet!
Old 30 Mar 2022, 23:30 (Ref:4104937)   #1611
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Has the car actually run? Has it got any mechanicals? I'm with joeb here. Maybe it has and I missed it, but the recent links above at a glance look a bit like the renders!

I'm down with the discussion with Mike E and Akrapovic et al. on privateers in the top class and building their own car. Would love to see, although actually building cars is rare in the history, more running customer cars for privateers. This the ACO are encouraging. I would like a WM, Rondeau, Pescarolo, or whatever. But ByKolles aint that entry!
Old 31 Mar 2022, 01:36 (Ref:4104938)   #1612
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Has the car actually run? Has it got any mechanicals? I'm with joeb here. Maybe it has and I missed it, but the recent links above at a glance look a bit like the renders!

I'm down with the discussion with Mike E and Akrapovic et al. on privateers in the top class and building their own car. Would love to see, although actually building cars is rare in the history, more running customer cars for privateers. This the ACO are encouraging. I would like a WM, Rondeau, Pescarolo, or whatever. But ByKolles aint that entry!
has the car run? I don't know, but they did have a video on Twitter showing the tub with the engine and transmission and all the bits in the back that make this thing go running in the shop.

I don't have the link handy, but when I was posting the pics of the render going through their Twitter feed it was definitely the same tub as the car that they are now showing. There is that identifiable circle with vertical lines behind the door in both videos.
Old 31 Mar 2022, 15:59 (Ref:4104998)   #1613
Richard117
Racer

Netherlands
Netherlands
Richard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRichard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to pictures on Twitter, today the car had a shakedown on an airport or something like that. Christophe Bouchut behind the wheel.
Old 31 Mar 2022, 16:20 (Ref:4105002)   #1614
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well i have the feeling that some people will never give kolles a chance and unless they see it running in person they will still not believe it
Old 31 Mar 2022, 16:47 (Ref:4105005)   #1615
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
this "new" car is just the old CLM-gibson with a much cooler bodywork... as CLM was the old adess/lotus T128 with different bodywork and powertrains across the years.
Old 31 Mar 2022, 16:47 (Ref:4105006)   #1616
S griffin
Veteran

I think we've all given Kolles a chance, but we haven't seen much to convince ourselves so far. They need to start backing up their words with actions
Old 31 Mar 2022, 17:42 (Ref:4105014)   #1617
Tique
Racer

France
Paris
Tique should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The feedback of Christophe Bouchut after the test done today.

https://www.endurance-info.com/auto/...la-vanwall-lmh

Apparently, no problem
Old 31 Mar 2022, 18:46 (Ref:4105025)   #1618
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, it may be a sheep in wolf's clothing, but I guess it has at least run. Have they resolved the Vanwall name issue now?
Old 31 Mar 2022, 19:52 (Ref:4105033)   #1619
Mike E
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Well, it may be a sheep in wolf's clothing, but I guess it has at least run. Have they resolved the Vanwall name issue now?
They aren't being shy about the branding on the car.
Old 1 Apr 2022, 02:18 (Ref:4105051)   #1620
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
According to Colin Kolles they have. And we know we can definitely trust his word...
Old 1 Apr 2022, 02:58 (Ref:4105052)   #1621
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well i have the feeling that some people will never give kolles a chance and unless they see it running in person they will still not believe it
Well not me. Up for it.

Not blindly giddy for it though and not convinced it’ll amount to much either. And neither are the ACO it seems.

But, one of the great things in life is being wrong. Great to read the posts saying it’s run. Still not expecting much, but I never really have from this team. I suppose that comes from experience! Not sure that counts as not giving them a chance.
Old 1 Apr 2022, 09:28 (Ref:4105065)   #1622
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Just to be clear, I'd love to see it run and compete in the WEC and at Le Mans in particular, I'm just not holding my breath.
Old 1 Apr 2022, 14:11 (Ref:4105085)   #1623
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
The comments on the EI article had a link to a video of the car moving!

https://www.reddit.com/r/wec/comment..._lmh_fires_up/
Old 1 Apr 2022, 15:12 (Ref:4105087)   #1624
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post

looking at their truck
"bykolles CORSE CLIENTI"
Old 1 Apr 2022, 17:32 (Ref:4105096)   #1625
Mike E
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post

It's aliiiiiiive!