Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 4 Feb 2004, 09:18 (Ref:862365)   #76
MikeM
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wilmslow, UK
MikeM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
True, but that's been with "new and promising" series as far as I can remember. Club FF covers Kent cars that have been around since the '60's with existing (mostly) successful regional championships run by BRSCC (Do they have anything bigger overall? 180+ cars?) I understand that they may be limited in what they can do but hope that they are interested really!
Old 4 Feb 2004, 09:48 (Ref:862382)   #77
Barny
Racer

Barny should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well if the club is strong enough it should be able to decide who promotes its races, I am sure the BARC would be interested, the Classic Register has managed to switch, although it has been kept low key.
Old 4 Feb 2004, 22:02 (Ref:863231)   #78
Walshy
Veteran

England
Lancashire
Walshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We couldnt' get away with a switch as BARC only have a handful of meetings at Oulton and the BRSCC hold the biggest slice of the cake.

I think the issue is getting them to do some promoting. I spoke to Andrew Brewer about the website and how good it is. I put some of my ideas to him about promoting the series and he agreed with me. Now, I don't know if his hands are tied or not, probably are, but it's all died down. I understand that a lot of these people have been around a lot longer than me and have tried to promote the championship before now with no luck, but it has not been done whilst I have been around. I started back in 1995. Maybe it's time to give it another go. Motor racing has come on leaps and bounds in popularity since then. I remember one Saturday last September. 4 of the 5 terrestrial channels had motorsport on mid-afternoon. You would never have got that 10 years ago. The thing is, people just watch it on TV. Most of the people I work with, didn't even know of the existance of Oulton Park until I worked with them. Those that have since been love it. All that good racing for a tenner?
Old 4 Feb 2004, 22:26 (Ref:863268)   #79
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Walshy drop Craig a PM and get yourself affiliated to Ten-Tenths if you haven't already done so. It's free nd another step forward. I wish you every success for the future, espcially as I a a real FF fan.
Old 4 Feb 2004, 22:37 (Ref:863294)   #80
Walshy
Veteran

England
Lancashire

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Stephen Green
[B]Walshy drop Craig a PM and get yourself affiliated to Ten-Tenths if you haven't already done so.

Call me daft, but I'm not with you.

Who is Craig?
Old 4 Feb 2004, 22:44 (Ref:863308)   #81
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chris,

He is Craig Antill the big boss honcho of TT
get yourself affiliated to Ten-Tenths means linking TT onto your own website. Or something like that.
Old 4 Feb 2004, 22:45 (Ref:863311)   #82
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Sorry Walshy should have explained it to you better but as Diz says above, thats about it...
Old 4 Feb 2004, 22:47 (Ref:863318)   #83
JnrJnr
Racer

England
North West
JnrJnr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ten-tenths are currently un able to add new affilliates as they are updating the forum. If you mail them (i mailed admin because i didnt get a reply from the affiliate mailbox) they will put you on file and message you when the schem is available again.
Old 4 Feb 2004, 22:52 (Ref:863325)   #84
Walshy
Veteran

England
Lancashire
Cheers for that all.............

Diz. What are this Saturdays winning Lottery numbers. Mystic Diz... Is there anything you don't know????
LOL
Old 4 Feb 2004, 23:55 (Ref:863407)   #85
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sure Redracer77 could stick a random lottery number picker thingy on the site.

Last edited by diz; 4 Feb 2004 at 23:55.
Old 5 Feb 2004, 00:08 (Ref:863422)   #86
Walshy
Veteran

England
Lancashire
That's not good enough, you PM me 6 numbers. For the hell of it...