Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 17 Dec 2015, 16:43 (Ref:3598402)   #776
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I'd keep schtum until the New Year got underway and people have the new season in mind.

Is there a car out there?

I presume there isn't one yet given Haas unique supplier arrangements.

But it always unnerves me not to see a car testing even if Haas does have an excuse.
Old 17 Dec 2015, 17:14 (Ref:3598413)   #777
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I think the team will either be very ready at the start of the season, (which will surprise a few people) or not ready at all. I see no middle ground result...
Old 5 Jan 2016, 04:43 (Ref:3602159)   #778
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Apparently the target is points in Melbourne!

http://www.speedcafe.com/2016/01/05/...ian-gp-target/
Old 5 Jan 2016, 05:15 (Ref:3602161)   #779
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post

Okay, then it is a current spec Ferrari!

Else

Old 5 Jan 2016, 08:41 (Ref:3602178)   #780
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post

Craig Pollock is the spokes person I take it?
Old 5 Jan 2016, 09:34 (Ref:3602186)   #781
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well I suppose that has to be the target, it would be uncharacteristictically down beat for Haas just to say we will be pleased just to be there. With all that is in the car from Ferrari I do expect them to get out of Q1, but then with the changes at Manor I could say the same. And then the new Honda, sorry McLaren, will be moving up as well so who is going to make up the Q1 dropouts?

Official testing will be very interesting
Old 5 Jan 2016, 09:56 (Ref:3602190)   #782
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
/\/\ I agree with that. Although to us their claims seem pretty ambitious, it wouldn't look good for the team to say "We expect to be tooling around at the back about 3 seconds off the pace" would it?
Old 5 Jan 2016, 14:01 (Ref:3602234)   #783
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I think Q1 is going to be much more closely fought than last year. If Manor up their game and Haas are competitive out of the box, Sauber could be in trouble.
Old 5 Jan 2016, 14:45 (Ref:3602244)   #784
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
I think Q1 is going to be much more closely fought than last year. If Manor up their game and Haas are competitive out of the box, Sauber could be in trouble.
Agreed - Sauber look like being the big losers here.
Old 6 Jan 2016, 01:00 (Ref:3602398)   #785
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Agreed - Sauber look like being the big losers here.
Switching one Ferrari lapdog for another...
Old 6 Jan 2016, 16:21 (Ref:3602561)   #786
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ferrari's president Sergio Marchionne explains Ferrari's and Haas F1's association.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/122379
Old 6 Jan 2016, 16:43 (Ref:3602564)   #787
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A little bit of behind the scenes at Haas F1 Banbury...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHUVjhr-Ohs

I assume they are either test packing, or packing for real for the 2016 testing that starts in late February. Note, the car shown is not the 2016 car, but one they use for tire change practice. I don't know the heritage of that car.

I have realistic expectations as to how they might perform, but I am still excited to see them on the grid.

Richard
Old 6 Jan 2016, 17:05 (Ref:3602570)   #788
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
If Haas can successfully run in the midfield in their first year, it'll be great for F1, and hopefully good for the sport's profile in the US. Will it, though, mean that more mid-grid teams start to align technically with the big boys? Manor buying all their non-listed parts from Mercedes?
Old 6 Jan 2016, 21:23 (Ref:3602625)   #789
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
If Haas can successfully run in the midfield in their first year, it'll be great for F1, and hopefully good for the sport's profile in the US. Will it, though, mean that more mid-grid teams start to align technically with the big boys? Manor buying all their non-listed parts from Mercedes?
It's a smart move. Some may say it is the beginning of the end for formula 1 heading to become a spec series or something, but I think it just makes sense for new starters. The key to success though, is having multiple (at least four) suppliers for all of the gubins. Even then, it does give a huge level of power and importance to the core manufacturers, but at least if this is spread evenly among the 4-5+ suppliers it will spread the risk of one dominating, or leaving.
Old 10 Jan 2016, 04:34 (Ref:3603425)   #790
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Haas F1 has passed the FIA's crash test.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/122422
Old 24 Feb 2016, 20:13 (Ref:3617462)   #791
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I feel that I must eat a generous portion of humble pie. many pages back, I believe that I wrote something along the lines of 'I'll believe it when I se it'.

Well, the world has seen it, and they may not yet be world beaters, but I think that they have done a pretty reasonable job which puts to shame some of the more established teams with their efforts in 2014 and 2015.
Old 24 Feb 2016, 20:27 (Ref:3617469)   #792
David
Racer

United States
Noblesville, IN, USA
David should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
http://www.racer.com/nascars-gene-ha...rticle/329703/

Yet another attempt at an American F1 team. Should we be hopeful or dismissive?
The OP started this thread on the fence but I am glad that the 'hopeful' crowd is being rewarded....

About 13.7 billion years ago I heard a very loud noise - did you hear it?
Old 25 Feb 2016, 00:07 (Ref:3617524)   #793
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I feel that I must eat a generous portion of humble pie. many pages back, I believe that I wrote something along the lines of 'I'll believe it when I se it'.

Well, the world has seen it, and they may not yet be world beaters, but I think that they have done a pretty reasonable job which puts to shame some of the more established teams with their efforts in 2014 and 2015.
Early days Mike but it looks promising.
Old 25 Feb 2016, 04:43 (Ref:3617572)   #794
Neppatsrev Xam
Racer

Netherlands
Neppatsrev Xam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
just to remind you: last year Felipe Nasr was fastes on the 3rd day of testing in a Sauber(wo where in the top 2 of the first "week" of testing every day)
Old 25 Feb 2016, 05:48 (Ref:3617579)   #795
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neppatsrev Xam View Post
just to remind you: last year Felipe Nasr was fastes on the 3rd day of testing in a Sauber(wo where in the top 2 of the first "week" of testing every day)

...and Sauber were a decent midfield team all year.
Old 25 Feb 2016, 07:07 (Ref:3617593)   #796
Neppatsrev Xam
Racer

Netherlands
Neppatsrev Xam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
...and Sauber were a decent midfield team all year.
not really, they where only P8 in the WCC beating only Mclaren and Manor
Old 25 Feb 2016, 08:13 (Ref:3617601)   #797
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Without trawling through 50 odd pages of this thread, I do believe that I was more than a little sceptical that the Haas F1 car would make it to the 1st day of the 1st test session. The reality of it is that the car did make it, and has so far racked up a fair few miles.

OK, it may not yet be setting the world alight, but for a brand new team owned by an individual who has never been involved in F1, I think that they deserve the acknowledgement from people such as I that said 'Oh, it will never happen'. Well it did, and I apologise to Haas for not believing that it was more than just a pipe-dream.

I hope that they can pick up a point or two during the Championship.
Old 25 Feb 2016, 13:28 (Ref:3617682)   #798
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
All I can say proper respect to Haas. They've done everything right so far. Postponed their entry to properly prepare for an attack and got their drivers sorted early and the car is up and running from the first test and looks to be on the pace, despite a few teething troubles. Looks like their points target is not a pipe dream.
Old 25 Feb 2016, 15:59 (Ref:3617709)   #799
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rather insignificant point, this, but I do like the livery because it's obviously not European.

Very, very impressive run so far. Cast your minds back to the test debuts of Caterham and Virgin/Manor/Marussia (or the lack thereof with HRT) and it stacks up very well indeed.
Old 26 Feb 2016, 15:41 (Ref:3618008)   #800
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
I think Haas will surprise a few and kick some a.s