Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 10 Feb 2016, 09:40 (Ref:3613599)   #751
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
That is a great post and I agree with you you 100% as I said in another said in another thread I really think that the ACO have missed a trick here a young driver could go all the way from a Junior Championship to Le Mans driving the same make of car.

Now that in my view is a good business model....
I have to say just on looks alone, the Ginetta LMP3 gives me the impression of a dodgy caterham-7 replica like locost, MK or Tiger, but for sure Ewan Bauldry does know his onions and last year it appeared to compete well with the Ligiers, I didnt see a huge performance defecit unless I'm missing something?.......it just looks cumbersome and lacking detail.......whereby the Ligier looks like the genuine child of an established LMP2 manufacturer, which really is exactly what it is.......I notice 1 off Ginetta LMP3 will now run in ELMS, but like said above, it looks like Lawrence Tomlinson has already cut and run onto his next venture which is a chevy powered track version, it looks like Radicals version now has GT3 homologation which I dare say opens up a huge potential market, therefore Ginetta must be closely looking at that
Old 10 Feb 2016, 13:08 (Ref:3613644)   #752
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzeiTzei View Post
My eyes! Now that is an ugly looking car.
Yep, that's a dog. Reminds me of the early DPs.
Old 10 Feb 2016, 16:28 (Ref:3613693)   #753
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Heres the link about the Radical GT3 racer, I can now imagine Radical will sell a ton of these GT3 type cars......Ginetta will probably follow suit as the GT3 market is far bigger than LMP3

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-britishcars/radical-rxc-turbo-approved-for-gt3-racing/33725

Old 10 Feb 2016, 16:31 (Ref:3613696)   #754
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty View Post
Heres the link about the Radical GT3 racer, I can now imagine Radical will sell a ton of these GT3 type cars......Ginetta will probably follow suit as the GT3 market is far bigger than LMP3

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-b...3-racing/33725

That might change quickly!
Old 10 Feb 2016, 19:09 (Ref:3613756)   #755
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So there WAS Ginetta entered for ELMS, but ACO rejected it because some Onroaks got ahead of it in the artificial waiting list. Oh for ****
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2016/0...ns-series.html
Old 10 Feb 2016, 19:38 (Ref:3613775)   #756
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Euh, "delay in submitting paperwork" - who's fault is that?
Old 10 Feb 2016, 19:39 (Ref:3613776)   #757
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Euh, "delay in submitting paperwork" - who's fault is that?
But that can be interpreted in two ways, that the paperwork was submitted after the actual closure of the entry deadline, or after the self-invented grid cap was filled. Granted we don't know which
Old 10 Feb 2016, 20:15 (Ref:3613787)   #758
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
Yep, that's a dog. Reminds me of the early DPs.
Hey, don't insult the DPs like that!

Old 11 Feb 2016, 05:52 (Ref:3613889)   #759
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
My eyes! Now that is an ugly looking car.
Things could be worse......

2016 is not looking like the best year for prototype beauty
Old 11 Feb 2016, 06:42 (Ref:3613893)   #760
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
TzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyson Mazda View Post
Things could be worse......

2016 is not looking like the best year for prototype beauty

Could be one of the reasons why some manufacturers prefer GTs.
Old 11 Feb 2016, 07:32 (Ref:3613897)   #761
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty View Post

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-b...3-racing/33725

Ginetta already sells the G55 V8 as a nationally homologated GT3. And their LMP3 is a long way from being road legal, unlike the Radical.
Old 11 Feb 2016, 14:09 (Ref:3613959)   #762
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Could be one of the reasons why some manufacturers prefer GTs.
Nah you can design LMP cars pretty if you want even on current ruleset. Audi is amongst exceptions of course with that horror tank...
Old 11 Feb 2016, 15:21 (Ref:3613976)   #763
Coach Ep
Veteran

And let's hope they'll put the other coloring button back in the next release/update of their design application...
Old 11 Feb 2016, 21:12 (Ref:3614055)   #764
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Nah you can design LMP cars pretty if you want even on current ruleset. Audi is amongst exceptions of course with that horror tank...
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.... There's a reason the fastest cars tend to be the ugliest.
Old 11 Feb 2016, 21:19 (Ref:3614057)   #765
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaFox View Post
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.... There's a reason the fastest cars tend to be the ugliest.
This comment makes no sense, plenty of fastest prototypes in recent years have been pretty, and there have been plenty of ugly ones at the bottom of timesheets as well. Functional and elegant can work together, not only separate.
Old 11 Feb 2016, 22:39 (Ref:3614082)   #766
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Quote:
This comment makes no sense, plenty of fastest prototypes in recent years have been pretty, and there have been plenty of ugly ones at the bottom of timesheets as well. Functional and elegant can work together, not only separate.
The comment makes perfect sense. First of all, beauty is in the eye of the beholder - what you find aesthetically pleasing will not necessarily be shared by others.

Secondly, and most importantly, even those gorgeous cars of recent years were NOT designed to look good. They were designed to go fast, and they just happened to turn out good-looking.

Once you design something to prioritize aesthetics over performance, you begin making compromises. Once you begin making compromises, you limit the areas where you can optimize performance. Once you limit the areas where you can optimize performance, you make it harder to achieve performance goals. Once you make it harder to achieve performance goals, you make it less likely you're going to win races.

At the end of the day, ALL motorsports regulations enable manufacturers to make good-looking cars. However, NO manufacturer has ever set a goal of making a car look good - they always build their car to be as fast as they can make it.

Just because they CAN make something that looks good doesn't mean they SHOULD. They should -and do- make cars that PERFORM to their needs. Everything else is secondary.
Old 12 Feb 2016, 13:51 (Ref:3614199)   #767
Coach Ep
Veteran

When is your birthday FF? I'll try to get you a keyboard without caps lock then!
Old 12 Feb 2016, 21:40 (Ref:3614310)   #768
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
When is your birthday FF? I'll try to get you a keyboard without caps lock then!
Reported. Despite what you may think, I am not a retard. I know an insult when I see it.
Old 13 Feb 2016, 09:29 (Ref:3614377)   #769
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
But that can be interpreted in two ways, that the paperwork was submitted after the actual closure of the entry deadline, or after the self-invented grid cap was filled. Granted we don't know which
It was the former - no conspiracy theories necessary!
Old 25 Feb 2016, 17:53 (Ref:3617730)   #770
Deleted
Veteran

ADESS P3 is not dead* as the former GT1/LMP2 team plans (hopes) to field one.
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2016/0...dess-lmp3.html

*Well at least outside ACO racing that is.

Of course it's possible that AAI just handled them very badly in the ASLMS.

Not sure what CPB Sport is up to with their ADESS that never materialized for ELMS in the end, perhaps they sold it to DKR? And whether AAI still owns their chassis?
Old 11 Mar 2016, 00:23 (Ref:3622003)   #771
jan bot
Rookie

jan bot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.motorsport.com/endurance/...-racer-678612/
Old 11 Mar 2016, 09:29 (Ref:3622086)   #772
Deleted
Veteran

ADESS has evolved?

Old 11 Mar 2016, 11:23 (Ref:3622104)   #773
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Does anyone else feel less interested in this category now it is basically a single make series?

I dunno there was something exciting about the prospect of 5 different cars fighting.
Old 11 Mar 2016, 12:07 (Ref:3622111)   #774
Deleted
Veteran

If IMSA had been less stubborn and ditched the granny FLM09s, we could have had great global Riley presence against the Onroaks. But alas, no, and no-one has any reason to purchase American product instead now.

Anyway I think Dome, assuming it ever materializes, may niche-survive in the Asian market
Old 12 Mar 2016, 22:08 (Ref:3622394)   #775
BrentJackson
Racer

Canada
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
BrentJackson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBrentJackson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
If IMSA had been less stubborn and ditched the granny FLM09s, we could have had great global Riley presence against the Onroaks. But alas, no, and no-one has any reason to purchase American product instead now.
The Riley isn't even built and tested yet. What makes you think they would have been out in numbers by now? Beyond that, we know why IMSA has no interest in LMP3s, and knowing Oreca's involvement with the LMP2 fiasco, I'd be inclined to make sure Oreca and Onroak DO NOT have any more involvement with IMSA beyond the DPi cars.