Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 23 Mar 2009, 09:54 (Ref:2422560)   #26
mrsweety
Racer

mrsweety should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ex F1 driver

Know of one ex F1 driver who lurks on here, not sure if he posts. Good friend of mine, raced in the 70/80's

- Ex champ also
Old 24 Mar 2009, 10:19 (Ref:2423452)   #27
andybg40
Racer

England
Kent
andybg40 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.autosport.com/news/grapevine.php/id/73866

You gotta love Bernie's attitude in this post. In everything he says about any team in F1 or FOTA, the comment is always laced with venom. If he really hates this sport and it's competitors so much, why not just f'off (money, i know).

Anyhow, you don't need a loaded gun to get your money from Bernie. All you need to do is just hang him upside down, over the top of a flight of stairs in his lovely new motorbike showroom in front of all his staff. A proven method that does get you monies owed
Old 24 Mar 2009, 10:31 (Ref:2423459)   #28
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andybg40 View Post
You gotta love Bernie's attitude in this post. In everything he says about any team in F1 or FOTA, the comment is always laced with venom. If he really hates this sport and it's competitors so much, why not just f'off (money, i know).
I don't think money is the reason for Bernie sticking around. He has been quoted as saying that he'd never retire, as he'd be dead within 6 months.

I think Bernie's great anyway. He has a dry sense of humour, a razor-sharp intellect and is ten times more interesting than any of the drivers.
Old 24 Mar 2009, 10:43 (Ref:2423465)   #29
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghinzani View Post
ps no amount of money can cure S.M.S. you know. Unless you are prepared to try stilts...
I'm sure that if I had unlimited money I wouldn't spend my time sending text messages, I'd pay someone to do that for me...
(Or isn't that what you mean by SMS? Oh and by the way, welcome back Ghinz!)
Old 24 Mar 2009, 11:02 (Ref:2423484)   #30
andybg40
Racer

England
Kent
andybg40 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
I don't think money is the reason for Bernie sticking around. He has been quoted as saying that he'd never retire, as he'd be dead within 6 months.

I think Bernie's great anyway. He has a dry sense of humor, a razor-sharp intellect and is ten times more interesting than any of the drivers.
I agree with you, he is more interesting than the drivers, but not always in a positive way for the sport, which is why we are here, right? I suppose we could launch a Bernie-Tenths forum in competition to this one
Old 24 Mar 2009, 11:20 (Ref:2423495)   #31
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Obviously, I don't agree with all of his decisions, but on the whole I think he's been good for F1.
Old 24 Mar 2009, 11:22 (Ref:2423498)   #32
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I'm sure that if I had unlimited money I wouldn't spend my time sending text messages, I'd pay someone to do that for me...
(Or isn't that what you mean by SMS? Oh and by the way, welcome back Ghinz!)
No Sir, its Small Man Syndrome, of course...
Old 24 Mar 2009, 12:00 (Ref:2423523)   #33
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghinzani View Post
No Sir, its Small Man Syndrome, of course...
Silly me! Why, I should have guessed!
Old 24 Mar 2009, 12:11 (Ref:2423532)   #34
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
Obviously, I don't agree with all of his decisions, but on the whole I think he's been good for F1.
That' correct. F1 wouldn't be F1 without him.

People tend to see the bad side, always the half empty glass. Naturally if things were different, it would be much better. But how it would be different and better if not the way it is now ? You just can't pull off things and replace it to make it better, as in a static scenario. Any changes are dinamic and "make waves", you change now and get a different scenario in the future. F1 was a semi-pro business in the 70s and everything Bernie did shaped things to the future in a way. Not everything is like we would like it to be, but certainly it wouldn't be much different from now, or definitely worse than it is now. And, on top of that, he didn't do that all by himself, he brought all teams with him and they all profited with that as he did... not much as him, but hey, that's a business like any other in the end of the day.
Someday he'll go and *surprise* he'll be missed, honoured and praised. But eventually, things will go on the same way with someone or a bunch of them controlling the business.
F1 is a sport, yeah, in a weird way it is, more likely a show and a business for sure.
Old 25 Mar 2009, 08:30 (Ref:2424246)   #35
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bernie doesn't do computers!
Old 25 Mar 2009, 08:39 (Ref:2424253)   #36
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
No,but Max does....allegedly.
Old 25 Mar 2009, 08:58 (Ref:2424273)   #37
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
No,but Max does....allegedly.
Zis ist nicht true...Ow! Mmm. Ow! Mmmm. More spacebar. Return! Return!

Sorry. Bored.
Old 25 Mar 2009, 09:05 (Ref:2424275)   #38
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!

If only more people were "Bored".
Old 25 Mar 2009, 11:13 (Ref:2424357)   #39
kartracer41
Racer

United States
Michigan, USA
kartracer41 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andybg40 View Post
I suppose we could launch a Bernie-Tenths forum in competition to this one
I am sure he has a copyright on the use of the term "Bernie".
Old 25 Mar 2009, 11:54 (Ref:2424382)   #40
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
"Under 5 and a half foot-Tenths" Forum then..?

Actually that'd just leave me and Bernie© in there... :/

Selby
Old 25 Mar 2009, 13:04 (Ref:2424444)   #41
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Now... that the season has begun, I think we can leave those "interesting subjects" behind...

THREAD CLOSED