Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 23 Mar 2009, 13:45 (Ref:2422750)   #1
F3L
Racer

F3L has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
extra curricula activities

It was great to see Sebastien Bourdais racing at the Sebring 12 hour and coming second. I wish more F1 drivers raced in other series like in the 60's & 70's.
Old 23 Mar 2009, 13:48 (Ref:2422755)   #2
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
mjstallard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree - and now that there's no in-season testing, I'm hopeful we may yet see a bit more of it, if the teams let them.
Old 23 Mar 2009, 13:50 (Ref:2422759)   #3
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
I'll be keeping an eye out for both McLaren drivers running in other series with cars that look suspiciously like F1 cars.
Old 23 Mar 2009, 23:40 (Ref:2423190)   #4
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
I'm not convinced the teams will let their drivers do much in the way of other stuff during the season, but it'd be great if they did. The problem of drivers sticking to one series isn't unique to F1 these days, although it would appear to take the biscuit.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see if the in-season testing ban increases it or not.
Old 24 Mar 2009, 00:15 (Ref:2423212)   #5
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They can't do it like in the past. For the top ones is too risky and the teams/sponsors won't allow, for the others it would be possible but still the commitment with F1 is too much to think about other events - see Webber issue...
Old 24 Mar 2009, 00:42 (Ref:2423233)   #6
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Yes,it wouldn't do for Webber to be breaking his leg again...not when he'll be needing it to help the marshals push his car.
Old 24 Mar 2009, 01:15 (Ref:2423258)   #7
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the spoiler

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 26 Mar 2009, 01:38 (Ref:2424936)   #8
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
ahh yes, Hunt and a bird in a motorhome before practice, those were the days

oh, thats not what you were referring to were you? sorry