Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 24 Mar 2009, 19:34 (Ref:2423859)   #26
ivanalesi
Veteran

Bulgaria
ivanalesi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's called depression, when teen girls got their hearts broken, they think there's no more reason to live and they will die. The same happens with business people from time to time, the result is that the economy goes down and when they see the pretty boy, the man of their dreams - the economy goes up

Btw, I think Williams had links with Arthur Andersen in the 90's and all of their employees now work for the other agencies
Actually, Brawn should be acting fast, because they've got their budget ready for this season and they will be at least front runners, if not championship contenders, so they can catch an awesome deal like - we provide you space on the car this year for free and you sign up with us for 3 more years and start paying up from next year! May be they are waiting to win at Melbourne and then act...
Old 24 Mar 2009, 22:40 (Ref:2424005)   #27
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanalesi View Post
It's called depression, when teen girls got their hearts broken, they think there's no more reason to live and they will die. The same happens with business people from time to time, the result is that the economy goes down and when they see the pretty boy, the man of their dreams - the economy goes up
In all my years working in the financial and economic areas, I never heard of such weird interpretation of an economic scenario... or maybe I missed something prior to my post... or hell, what my post has to do with it ?????
Old 24 Mar 2009, 23:20 (Ref:2424047)   #28
Alex Hodgkinson
Veteran

England
Derby
Alex Hodgkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsie View Post
  • Endless - Provide investment and other support to businesses facing challenge
Nope - that's Endless the brake systems supplier, see here: http://www.endless-brake.info/index_bte.htm

Old 25 Mar 2009, 00:03 (Ref:2424068)   #29
RaiseYourFist
Veteran

United States
USA
RaiseYourFist has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Or for more blue...

:09_bruemi:

I don't think a lack of blue is going to be a problem?

Well you're right but I was thinking like the Prost's of the early 00's with just blue
Old 25 Mar 2009, 09:18 (Ref:2424289)   #30
ivanalesi
Veteran

Bulgaria
ivanalesi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
In all my years working in the financial and economic areas, I never heard of such weird interpretation of an economic scenario... or maybe I missed something prior to my post... or hell, what my post has to do with it ?????
It's a bit cynic :P I was talking about Petrobras being depressed and scared, so they pulled out of F1.
Old 25 Mar 2009, 21:05 (Ref:2424747)   #31
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What happened to the Pepsico rumour.
And wouldn't that add spice to the Red Bull protest over diffusers.

By the way with FIA quoting them as a "new entry" thus cutting them off from the Eu22 million that Honda was due from last year they had better come up with some big money fairly fast. I guess that's another cheque that Bernie can refuse to write. I hope for everyones sake FOM/CVC has that money owed to the teams in a secure place (if such a thing exists these days) or the whole of F1 could collapse in a sea of debt and litigation.
Old 26 Mar 2009, 14:03 (Ref:2425280)   #32
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Brawn GP is pleased to confirm its first new commercial partnership of the 2009 Formula One season with the announcement of an agreement with British clothing manufacturer Henri Lloyd as Official Supplier of Clothing and Footwear Technology.

In addition to providing Brawn GP’s team and travel clothing plus the team’s official merchandise range, the Henri Lloyd brand will appear on the BGP 001 car throughout the 2009 Formula One season.
Full press release here: www2.brawngp.com/pdf/henrilloyd.pdf
Old 26 Mar 2009, 14:06 (Ref:2425286)   #33
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Also to be sponsored by Virgin.

I feel a merge coming on.
Old 26 Mar 2009, 17:46 (Ref:2425409)   #34
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oh my, here we go again.
Old 26 Mar 2009, 17:49 (Ref:2425415)   #35
wannab-aracer
Racer

England
England
wannab-aracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannab-aracer View Post
Working in the marketing depatment at Brawn GP must be a good place to be at the moment.

I would think even in the current climate, with the amount of exposure the Brawn squad is getting, big deals must be sat on a many a blue chip desk waiting to be signed.

If the car produces in Melbourne I would imagine there won't be enough sticker space on the car !

With Richard Branson expressing an interest for the future, this could be a good way to test the water rather than buying outright?

Brawn Virgin GP ?
Sorry to quote myself, But my glass ball is working wonders at the moment
Old 27 Mar 2009, 16:45 (Ref:2426257)   #36
adstubbs
Racer

United Kingdom
Glamorous Hemel Hempstead
adstubbs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Given all the discussion about the Double Decker diffuser, the most obvious title sponsor is surely Cadbury's. Pity they aren't running KERS, otherwise you could also have Cadbury's Boost.
Old 27 Mar 2009, 17:32 (Ref:2426293)   #37
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Nelson Piquet was going to have the 'Picnic' chocolate bar logo plastered all over his car,seeing as how he spends so much time on the grass.
Old 27 Mar 2009, 18:10 (Ref:2426318)   #38
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But it would be great if...

Just imagine, powder blue car with orange stripes and oil company logos.

One could dream
Old 27 Mar 2009, 18:16 (Ref:2426325)   #39
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Could Branson be our next Bernie?

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 27 Mar 2009, 20:04 (Ref:2426385)   #40
elspethhardie
Racer

Wales
South Wales
elspethhardie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelspethhardie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar View Post
na he's too tall
Old 27 Mar 2009, 22:42 (Ref:2426498)   #41
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar View Post
That's a scaring prospect...
Old 28 Mar 2009, 02:25 (Ref:2426573)   #42
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Media conference just held in Melbourne.

Virgin confirmed as major Brawn sponsor.
Old 28 Mar 2009, 02:57 (Ref:2426584)   #43
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good news for Button.
Old 28 Mar 2009, 05:31 (Ref:2426637)   #44
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketracer View Post
deloitte touche tohmatsu?

i heard they're cashed up, as they just picked up a big contract to audit a "leading international sporting code".... or some such....
Deloitte is run by people smart enough to not sponsor Formula One.

There's something about Richard Branson being involved with F1 that I don't like, although that could just be because he's been ripping me off for a dodgy broadband service for a few months. That said, it's good for Brawn that they've been able to attract a major sponsor - it's not exactly a good time for a business to be doing frivolous things like writing cheques for F1 teams.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 28 Mar 2009, 05:33 (Ref:2426641)   #45
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I see the red Virgin logos are now on the Brawn cars. Pity, I liked the look of the cars pre-stickers; but money talks! Great news for Ross and co.
Old 28 Mar 2009, 07:37 (Ref:2426828)   #46
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
if im not mistaken no logos on the race overalls or hats yet.

i wonder how many phone calls the team will get tonight from potential sponsors.
Old 28 Mar 2009, 08:03 (Ref:2426854)   #47
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
This is interesting!

http://http://www.autosport.com/news...t.php/id/73974