Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 23 Mar 2009, 13:47 (Ref:2422753)   #51
F3L
Racer

F3L has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
How long does it take now to change a front wing ?
Old 23 Mar 2009, 13:55 (Ref:2422763)   #52
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F3L View Post
How long does it take now to change a front wing ?
I don't know......maybe if you ask Lewis Hamilton............

I can't imagine that it would take that much longer tbh,but I guess it all depends on how much each individual team has thought about this.
Old 23 Mar 2009, 14:51 (Ref:2422803)   #53
F3L
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
I don't know......maybe if you ask Lewis Hamilton............

I can't imagine that it would take that much longer tbh,but I guess it all depends on how much each individual team has thought about this.

It is more complicated as the front wing is driver adjustable.
Old 23 Mar 2009, 15:01 (Ref:2422810)   #54
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F3L View Post
It is more complicated as the front wing is driver adjustable.
Indeed it is (electrical or hydraulic connections etc),which is why I said that it depends on how much each team has thought about it.
Old 23 Mar 2009, 15:48 (Ref:2422839)   #55
F3L
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Indeed it is (electrical or hydraulic connections etc),which is why I said that it depends on how much each team has thought about it.

ok
Old 24 Mar 2009, 13:56 (Ref:2423633)   #56
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surely the teams would go with electrical connections for the nosecone/monocoque connection.

It would be a case of just having 2 connectors touching when the nosecone is fitted correctly. It is not rocket science and I expect most of the teams will have thought about this. I dont really see how the time it takes to change a nosecone will increase.
Old 27 Mar 2009, 08:05 (Ref:2425913)   #57
F3L
Racer

Having just watched first and second free practice on the beeb, I think it was Ian Phillips from Force India saying that he expects five new wings at the end of the first lap....
Old 27 Mar 2009, 17:14 (Ref:2426280)   #58
Taprobane
Racer

England
Berkshire
Taprobane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think it will be any worse than any first race of a season. Theres always a bit of over excitement to start with. I think if the boys with KERS get the boost thats expected then that could be a bigger issue off the start.
Old 27 Mar 2009, 17:38 (Ref:2426300)   #59
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Should be a Williams 'one-two' into the first corner,followed by large amounts of small pieces of different coloured carbon fibre.
Old 27 Mar 2009, 18:01 (Ref:2426310)   #60
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
They look like snow ploughs....
Old 27 Mar 2009, 19:36 (Ref:2426369)   #61
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wider cars would be nice... along with big fat slicks. Lets get some drifts going!!! Alonso had a lovely one through turn 1 in practice, cant say the same for Nelsinho though!!

But I agree these wings look horrible, I've never been a fan of the raised noses either (The Force India looks horrible!). I do think the Williams has managed to look quite nice though. In terms of shape i think its one of the nicer looking cars.
Old 27 Mar 2009, 21:17 (Ref:2426438)   #62
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
The huge difference in width between the front and rear wings means none of the cars exactly look great, but I'll survive. When push comes to shove, it's how it all goes in the races that matters.
Old 28 Mar 2009, 08:58 (Ref:2426898)   #63
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I might be on my own here - but I now like the new cars very much, including the snow ploughs!
Old 28 Mar 2009, 09:34 (Ref:2426928)   #64
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
The main thing that looks daft, for me, is the rear wing: the big difference between the widths just makes it seem even narrower.

I ain't complaining about the changes, mind: how could you after the shake-up it has caused? I wouldn't have minded the Ferraris a bit further up the grid, but that is Ferrari's fault.
Old 29 Mar 2009, 09:43 (Ref:2427890)   #65
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think these 'snow ploughs' are great. Look at the way Barrichello was nerfing people out of the way with his! Didn't really slow him down at all.
Old 29 Mar 2009, 16:04 (Ref:2428214)   #66
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidStHubbins View Post
I think these 'snow ploughs' are great. Look at the way Barrichello was nerfing people out of the way with his! Didn't really slow him down at all.
I honestly thought that was hilarious.