Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 25 Mar 2009, 03:28 (Ref:2424144)   #26
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
If you're thinking what I'm thinking, the answer is the late Elio de Angelis.
thanks, I could have done a google search, but is more fun foruming...
Old 25 Mar 2009, 03:30 (Ref:2424145)   #27
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac View Post
I find it astonishing that the "boss" of F1 comes out to the public acknowledging these presumably behind-closed-doors discussions - then uses such inflammatory language in regards to two of his major stakeholders!!!
again the word manipulator springs unbidden to my mind...dont know quite why, but it does
Old 25 Mar 2009, 03:54 (Ref:2424153)   #28
ujoint
Racer

United States
usa, virginia
ujoint should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridujoint should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
imagine if bernie et al went to the race one morning and the grandstands were empty. who would have the power then?

Last edited by JeremySmith; 25 Mar 2009 at 05:33. Reason: Non appropriate post..
Old 25 Mar 2009, 04:01 (Ref:2424155)   #29
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
One of the funniest things I've ever seen was on the Thursday morning at the Australian Grand Prix in 2007.

Bernie walks up to the paddock gate with Ron Walker, flashes his pass to the security buzzer-thing... and it didn't work! Bernie couldn't get in!!!

He stood there looking blank with no idea what to say or do... You should have seen Mr Walker's minions scurrying around to try and fix it...
Old 25 Mar 2009, 11:56 (Ref:2424384)   #30
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac View Post
One of the funniest things I've ever seen was on the Thursday morning at the Australian Grand Prix in 2007.

Bernie walks up to the paddock gate with Ron Walker, flashes his pass to the security buzzer-thing... and it didn't work! Bernie couldn't get in!!!

He stood there looking blank with no idea what to say or do... You should have seen Mr Walker's minions scurrying around to try and fix it...
Sometimes it's hard for them to understand that they're humans just like anyone else, no matter what...
Old 25 Mar 2009, 11:58 (Ref:2424386)   #31
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
That's absolutely hilarious... And I'd have loved to have seen that

Selby
Old 25 Mar 2009, 12:18 (Ref:2424396)   #32
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Do the other 8 teams have 3rd cars in the plane, already unloaded in Melbourne?

Is that then made more complex if Renault and Mercedes are not running, that Red Bull, Force India and Brawn are also unable to run as their ECU's mysteriously go missing??

A farce in the making perhaps
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 25 Mar 2009, 12:24 (Ref:2424401)   #33
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
If you're thinking what I'm thinking, the answer is the late Elio de Angelis.
And of course GV was supposed to have been tinkling the ivories in a less competant way - Jazz I believe. Meanwhile Giacomelli gave an in-depth talk on Terrorism apparently - he was an expert given his Communist background (seriously). Do you reckon the Panda was in the pay of the KGB? Maybe he masterminded the whole thing. GV and Prost shared a mattress apparently, leading Tambay to comment it would be dangerous if they had a baby somehow...
Old 25 Mar 2009, 12:57 (Ref:2424438)   #34
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghinzani View Post
And of course GV was supposed to have been tinkling the ivories in a less competant way - Jazz I believe. Meanwhile Giacomelli gave an in-depth talk on Terrorism apparently - he was an expert given his Communist background (seriously). Do you reckon the Panda was in the pay of the KGB? Maybe he masterminded the whole thing. GV and Prost shared a mattress apparently, leading Tambay to comment it would be dangerous if they had a baby somehow...
Trust you to come up with even more trivail information Ghinz!
Old 25 Mar 2009, 15:27 (Ref:2424523)   #35
djb
Veteran

I do seem to remember the baby comment methinks. I do clearly remember the tri-x shots, printed a bit too contrasty. Long time back now isn't it, back when I used to eagerly await my F1 mag in the mail (not "F1" but another one from back then, theres a thread on it somewhere here from years back but am too lazy to look it up) I have a crap memory for names, always have but it does seem to getting worse with age)
Old 26 Mar 2009, 15:13 (Ref:2425333)   #36
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
mjstallard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seems it was pan-FOTA view:

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpa...s_art_id=37313

Quote:
During the discussions, any position stated by the members of FOTA who were present was supported by all members.
God, I really should try and find some work to do and not spend all day faffing around on the Internet...