Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 10 May 2012, 15:16 (Ref:3072285)   #501
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
So , we are going to see it sometime mid next year ?
Old 10 May 2012, 15:22 (Ref:3072289)   #502
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That's the plan. (not until after Le Mans 2013)
Old 10 May 2012, 15:40 (Ref:3072291)   #503
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
That's the plan. (not until after Le Mans 2013)
So there will have what engine?? an evolution of the V8 from RS Spyder?
with a Flywheel hybrid power???
Old 10 May 2012, 15:43 (Ref:3072292)   #504
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavobamba View Post
So there will have what engine?? an evolution of the V8 from RS Spyder?
with a Flywheel hybrid power???
With the new regulations coming up, Porsche could go after a more regulation optimized layout at that point
Old 10 May 2012, 16:01 (Ref:3072297)   #505
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
With the new regulations coming up, Porsche could go after a more regulation optimized layout at that point
In my opinion the new regulations point towards turbocharged engines. With all engine options open, it makes the most sense.
Old 10 May 2012, 16:27 (Ref:3072309)   #506
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelisB View Post
In my opinion the new regulations point towards turbocharged engines. With all engine options open, it makes the most sense.
Thats what I reckon too .
Old 10 May 2012, 16:56 (Ref:3072325)   #507
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I would agree with that.
Old 10 May 2012, 17:18 (Ref:3072330)   #508
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
you are suggesting what, I4 2.0 Turbo, I6, V4 twin turbo???

Old 10 May 2012, 17:18 (Ref:3072331)   #509
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
according to the various rumors is hard to predict the kind of engines; because if min. weight of lmp1 car will be decreased from 900kg to 750kg as rumored, for is hard to predict if will be keept also the actual weight/power; if remain like this, in theory it means that lmp1 cars should have a poweroutput of less than 500hp... that creates a little bit parradox if the max. displacement will be increased to 5000cc as rumored.
Then put in the equation also the rumored dimesion's reduction of the car that will mean less downforce and that the width of the tyres will decrease too.
The scheme for now is really complicated to predict, fortunately we'll find out the truth in less than 40 days.
Old 10 May 2012, 17:26 (Ref:3072334)   #510
alexkiller8
Veteran

Quote:

maybe mazda or some other manufacter like hyunda may decide to use these kind of engines but i really doubt that a luxury/high performance automotive manufacter like porsche, will make run a their racing car with those kind of engines . If will be used a turbo engine, i think that won't be used less than a v6

(i know, i know, AMR developed a L6 2.0 for the AMR-one.... but i think that can be taken as paragon)
Old 10 May 2012, 18:00 (Ref:3072341)   #511
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Knowing Porsche like everyone knows Porsche they'll try and keep to a engine that is inline with the engines used throughout it's model range. So it'll probably be a Flat-6 turbo engine or a turbo v8.
Old 10 May 2012, 18:30 (Ref:3072354)   #512
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Knowing Porsche like everyone knows Porsche they'll try and keep to a engine that is inline with the engines used throughout it's model range. So it'll probably be a Flat-6 turbo engine or a turbo v8.
Flat-6 is a good guess, yes
Old 4 Jun 2012, 22:06 (Ref:3085338)   #513
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
What would be the main sponsor of Porsche in 2014???

Any gueses??

Martini?????
DHL????
Castrol????
Old 4 Jun 2012, 22:10 (Ref:3085343)   #514
alexkiller8
Veteran

maybe there won't be any main sponsor just like audi and toyota
Old 4 Jun 2012, 22:10 (Ref:3085344)   #515
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not expecting a title sponsor to be honest going by the recent trends.
Old 4 Jun 2012, 22:13 (Ref:3085346)   #516
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkiller8 View Post
maybe there won't have any main sponsor just like audi and toyota
Toyota have "TOTAL" not main sponsor but...
Old 4 Jun 2012, 22:15 (Ref:3085348)   #517
alexkiller8
Veteran

Quote:
Toyota have "TOTAL" not main sponsor but...
and audi "CASTROL" not main sponsor but....
Old 4 Jun 2012, 23:25 (Ref:3085372)   #518
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
And this wouldn't be a good sign.
Old 4 Jun 2012, 23:34 (Ref:3085376)   #519
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
And this wouldn't be a good sign.
I'd really love to see some big sponsors to come on board. Some times I wonder whether the manufacturers are happy to keep the cars as their own moving billboards?
Old 4 Jun 2012, 23:49 (Ref:3085381)   #520
the.cosmic.pope
Veteran

Scotland
Arbroath
the.cosmic.pope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthe.cosmic.pope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I'd really love to see some big sponsors to come on board. Some times I wonder whether the manufacturers are happy to keep the cars as their own moving billboards?
Well Audi clearly are. They use it to market Audi technology. TDI, Ultra, E-Tron etc.
Old 5 Jun 2012, 01:29 (Ref:3085399)   #521
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I don't think the current economic situation is particularly propitious, for sponsors shelling out money but maybe by 2014 things may have improved; then again the Euro might cease to exist.
Old 5 Jun 2012, 02:50 (Ref:3085409)   #522
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.cosmic.pope View Post
Well Audi clearly are. They use it to market Audi technology. TDI, Ultra, E-Tron etc.
Porsche don't seem to be so fond of creating sub-brands and sub-sub-brands. At this point I'm struggling to think of anything Porsche would put out there in the way Audi do. It'll probably be some kind of a Hybrid theme.
Old 5 Jun 2012, 04:00 (Ref:3085419)   #523
GT3.14
Veteran

GT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't think that works teams would like sponsors' names taking up a lot of space where they would like to put the name of the marque. I imagine Porsche approved the funding for the P1 programme so they could spend an obscene amount of money so that the car that wins Le Mans in 2014 says Porsche on the billboard/fin, not Total or Bosch. Each millimetre of that bodywork is going to be valuable real estate and Porsche is going to want to put their name there, not sell it. If Porsche sells or lends out cars to customer teams (and I hope all manufacturers will) to teams like Peugeot did to Pescarolo and Oreca then we may see some cool sponsored liveries like we did on those 908s. I would love to see Martini, Red Bull, Hugo Boss, and Playstation put their wicked liveries on some P1 cars and I will buy the 1:43 model of each and maybe a jacket or two,but I think the only way we will only see these if they are customer entries. I hope I am wrong though.
Old 5 Jun 2012, 05:16 (Ref:3085425)   #524
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I expect to see "Porsche Intelligent Performance" placed predominantly on the car (Honking Fin?).
I'm also hoping that the orange is used sparingly.
Old 5 Jun 2012, 05:27 (Ref:3085426)   #525
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
I expect to see "Porsche Intelligent Performance" placed predominantly on the car (Honking Fin?).
I'm also hoping that the orange is used sparingly.
I was thinking the same