Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 26 Jan 2000, 23:38 (Ref:6929)   #1
champcarfan01
Rookie

champcarfan01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SORRY BUT IT"S TRUE!
Old 27 Jan 2000, 00:15 (Ref:6936)   #2
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Saying that, i can see myself driving in regularity trials...
Old 27 Jan 2000, 01:18 (Ref:6930)   #3
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sorry Champcarfan, I have been to both NASCAR and CART races and there is nothing more exciting than watching Winston Cup stockcars--especially at Daytona, Talladega, and Bristol.
Old 27 Jan 2000, 01:34 (Ref:6931)   #4
champcarfan01
Rookie

no offense Joe Fan but they sound like **** and most of the people who go to the races are so darn drunk they don't know if it's an auto race or a wwf wraslin match. CART cars are much quicker sound a lot nicer and they don't just turn left all day, that's just a little more diversity than NASCAR, oh ya and all pro drivers don't come from N.Carolina and Kentucky. I'm not meaning to offend anyone but NASCAR won't be as big as it is now in a few years.
Old 27 Jan 2000, 01:40 (Ref:6932)   #5
champcarfan01
Rookie

oh ya and there's not a bloody thing like the sound of a full throttle 15000 RPM, 900 horsepower,1500 pound, finely tuned champ car flying down the straight and coming over the hill at over 200 MPH at Road America DAMN, and p.s. the drivers are all under 40. don't you think it's time for D.W. and Dave Marcus and a few others to retire?
Old 27 Jan 2000, 03:58 (Ref:6933)   #6
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Champcarfan, over half of the NASCAR drivers aren't from the south--check it out yourself on www.nascar.com. As far as the age factor, don't lower formulae feeder series usually have younger drivers? When they can prove their driving skill in CART then they can take off their training wings and race real cars that take more skill to drive.

Like I said, I have seen both and it is NASCAR by a mile in my opinion. CART needs fans too.
Old 27 Jan 2000, 04:14 (Ref:6934)   #7
Lee Roy
Rookie

Lee Roy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
>>>SORRY BUT IT"S TRUE!<<<

Champcarfan01, just remember that "Boring" is like "Beauty", it is in the eye of the beholder.

I am glad that I go to Champ Car races, (I'll be in Nazareth in April, and I am a member of the CART Winner's Circle Fan Club) so I can meet intelligent Champ Car fans and know that they are not all a bunch of dumbf**ks like you.

BTW, when I was at Nazareth last year, I remember the guys behind me talking about what a boring race it was and how much better they liked the NASCAR race at Bristol.

Joe Fan, some of these CART fans like Champcarfan01 lash out like this as NASCAR drives CART farther and farther into obscurity. Not all of CART's races are even going to be shown live this year. It truly is sad how a great racing series is continuing to decline like it is. It could be the type of fan they are beginning to attract has very little class, like our friend here.

[This message has been edited by Lee Roy (edited 27 January 2000).]
Old 27 Jan 2000, 08:14 (Ref:6935)   #8
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I wouldn't call them boring (the only event i call boring is regularity trials...), but they are no the best. Yep they're farkin loud, but as out and out race cars i don't think they are all of which they are made out to be. Yep, they're a great spectacle, and they're made for tv. People come for the noise, and stay for the smell..
Old 27 Jan 2000, 18:22 (Ref:6937)   #9
champcarfan01
Rookie

Come on people lighten up, I watch some NASCAR also. I got really bored last night and invaded this forum. NASCAR is not that bad I personaly just like champcars, F-1,and sportscars more. I just can't wait to see the first laps of the 2000 racing season start in all series including NASCAR. I say let's skip the super bowl and start the racing season off with the 24 hrs. of Daytona And then move into the rest of speedweeks 2000 with the Daytona 500!. WOW I'm just too pumped to see all racing action in all series in 2000!!! SORRY if I offended anyone!!!! HAPPY SPEEDWEEKS 2000!!!!!!!! WWWWWWWOOOOOOOOWWWWW GO, STEVE PARK, DARIO FRANCHITTI,FERRARI F-1 and TEAM ORECA VIPER in 2000!!!!!!!! .
Old 27 Jan 2000, 18:39 (Ref:6938)   #10
champcarfan01
Rookie

LEE ROY: SORRY to have ticked you off. I don't know what came over me last night! I like all forms of Motorsports including NASCAR. I have been to NASCAR races, CART races USRRC road races, And AMA races. I love it all! I can be an #$% hole some times. I just can't wait for the 2000 season to start. VIVA LA DAYTONA!!!!!WWWWOOOOOOWWWWWWWW!!!!
Old 28 Jan 2000, 03:51 (Ref:6939)   #11
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I rarely come hear, and I do not want to get into this long argument again. I will just say that it is personal preference combined with culture. In parts of the US, going to the track and watching cars go around and around and around and around and... is exciting. However to most other cultures it is considered redneck, classless, and boring. Just like watching cars dicing on a road course might appear boring to a NASCAR fan.

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. I have tried watching NASCAR, but I usually end up falling asleep. A NASCAR fan might say the same thing about F1. I used to be like you guys, trying to tell others that their racing series sucks. But, I realize that it is like telling a "good" Christian that evolution has been proven. So stop it, all of you!

There has not been one intelligent post here.
I was just curious what the NASCAR forum was like, surely it is more than fans trying to defend their sport.
Old 28 Jan 2000, 22:56 (Ref:6940)   #12
Redneck
Racer

Redneck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
REDNECK???

CLASSLESS???

Y I ought to kik yor skrawny lil ass!!!

Old 29 Jan 2000, 03:00 (Ref:6941)   #13
RainMan
Rookie

RainMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
champcarfan, despite your apology, your previous comments were based on nothing but outdated stereotypes that are no more founded than saying that F1 is nothing but a bunch of computerized cars with no driver imput. Comments like your really create a gap between fans of the different sports.
Old 31 Jan 2000, 00:17 (Ref:6942)   #14
Invader
Veteran

Invader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ice skating really sucks...it's even more boring than F1
Old 31 Jan 2000, 01:20 (Ref:6943)   #15
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Invader: I am shocked and appalled and that previous statement, and i vow never to post another message on this topic
Ice skating rocks
Old 1 Feb 2000, 22:15 (Ref:6944)   #16
floid40
Rookie

floid40 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

STOP ALL THE ARGUING ! I thought you people were race fans. You can's beat the excitement of a "Cup" car trading paint at Bristol >OR< an Indy car doing 175 around a sweeping turn at Cleveland >OR< a top fueler
>OR< a sports car coming down the Moulson Straight (before the chicane was added) .AND BESIDES ....Have any of you ever seen the WORLD OF OUTLAWS ? What a show they put on !
No better or worse than F-1. When we all get together MAYBE ,just maybe, racing will get the respect that stick and ball games get.Look what The Breakup did to Indycar racing. JUST RELAX AND ENJOY THE SHOW !
Old 4 Feb 2000, 22:53 (Ref:6945)   #17
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But could fans actually be more interested and attracted to Nascar for the atmosphere and sponsors it has rather than the racing? Cause those two things attract me more than the racing itself? Marketers would probably love people like me?

Are you people (Nascar fans) brand/sponsor tied/loyal? (i.e. Do you only prefer/drink Coke Cola over Gatorade or something like?
'According to Nascar market research, Nascar fans are very brand/sponsor loyal?

Old 5 Feb 2000, 04:01 (Ref:6946)   #18
GCOM2-24
Rookie

GCOM2-24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Well, my favorite driver is Jeff Gordon, but I like all the drivers. I'm drawn to NASCAR by the drivers and atmosphere.

Old 9 Feb 2000, 04:39 (Ref:6947)   #19
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey, Lay off ice skating!
Old 18 Feb 2000, 16:11 (Ref:6948)   #20
Redneck
Racer

Redneck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to marketing experts. NASCAR fans are more loyal to supporting sponsors than any other form of racing or any other sport.
Old 19 Feb 2000, 08:21 (Ref:6949)   #21
Ax Slinger
Veteran

United States
The Lost Coast
Ax Slinger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

If you don't like something, don't do it. It's as simple as that.

Old 20 Feb 2000, 23:34 (Ref:6950)   #22
Jared
Racer

Jared should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Amen, Floid40. Good points. I wonder if we could come up with a thread about: If there could be only one type of racing worldwide- for us Yanks, nationwide, what series would you model it after? What would the cars be like, the rules, how much technology, etc. How about it?

ChampCarFan did get it right when it came to the Twin 125 qualifying races. They were downright terrible. I was there. (I just had to put that in. I was there.) The Daytona paper's headline Friday told the story: "Twinzzzzzzz...." It seems the more they try to get the racing closer, the more boring it gets. (And they charge more for it every year.)