Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 1 Jan 2014, 21:23 (Ref:3349525)   #26
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireSmith View Post
I got a Tassimo machine for Christmas …the coffee is lovely
I have a box of Earl Grey for the Tassimo, It's yours when I see you next.
Old 1 Jan 2014, 22:06 (Ref:3349532)   #27
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
We better have it in the Delta truck please Tim. Swop you for a wheel barrow
Old 1 Jan 2014, 23:23 (Ref:3349542)   #28
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Tim. Swop you for a wheel barrow
Na you're getting the wrong end of the deal, a wheel barrow is worth a lot more than Mr Falce !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 1 Jan 2014, 23:40 (Ref:3349548)   #29
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Eric Falce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Funny you should say that Iain as I am due to make a scifi film this year.
It's only taken about 30 years planning !
Gordon, have just the part for you, my granddaughter is making a horror film project, all I have to do is supply her with our smoke machine from the workshop and a generator to drive it. By the way how are you getting on with the game of bowels with Jerry.

Healthy and happy new year everyone, plus its Tetley's at home but Harrys coffee in the workshop.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 1 Jan 2014, 23:51 (Ref:3349550)   #30
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Falce View Post
. By the way how are you getting on with the game of bowels with Jerry.

I haven't been playing with Jerry's "bowels" but we did play ten pin "bowls" the other night !
I'm not going to say what happened but I haven't played for at least 45 years so I was bit rusty, we are playing again in the week but the management didn't like my zimmer frame on the lane !

We all saw the new year in up in Mojacar square and this year Sue didn't disgrace herself !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 2 Jan 2014, 00:07 (Ref:3349552)   #31
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Eric Falce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gordon, saw the new year in in a pub called 'The George Inn' in a place called Trottiscliffe, smashing food and service and a great time had by one and all, plus I did disgrace myself, meant to call Paul down but left my mobile at home.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 2 Jan 2014, 00:16 (Ref:3349555)   #32
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Yes I know the George as Paul lives just up the road, I take it you know it's pronounced " Troz - lee"
Anyway I'm "orf" to bed as we are one hour ahead and Sue went a couple of hours ago (hopefully she will be fast asleep) she beat me at scrabble tonight and had a smile on her face !
Old 2 Jan 2014, 08:53 (Ref:3349607)   #33
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Lapsang Suchong anyone ? ( that's smokey bacon tea in Delta parlance! )

finally we have a break in the weather, so Arthur and I are off on a bike ride, he's been staring out the window waiting, as well as riding up and down the back lane in the piddling rain on his new racer.
Old 2 Jan 2014, 10:30 (Ref:3349626)   #34
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Down your way Saturday Joe for Reading V Brighton.
Old 2 Jan 2014, 11:31 (Ref:3349642)   #35
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seagulls, Seagulls....
Old 2 Jan 2014, 13:42 (Ref:3349673)   #36
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Stop it please . You arrrrrrrrrrrrr's
Old 2 Jan 2014, 15:23 (Ref:3349696)   #37
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I'll be here listening to the radio whilst tapping away at crooked bits, may even have the shell stripped and in the spit by then . . .
Old 2 Jan 2014, 15:28 (Ref:3349697)   #38
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
It's actually been raining this afternoon down here ! but the old current bun is trying it's hardest to pop through so I'll go for a walk along the beach.
Old 3 Jan 2014, 01:57 (Ref:3349877)   #39
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
Lapsang Suchong anyone ? ( that's smokey bacon tea in Delta parlance! )
Yep. Sort of alternate with the Earl Grey for afternoon tea.
Old 3 Jan 2014, 12:21 (Ref:3349965)   #40
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'll stick this thread up, whilst Peter is engaged on this mammoth task of diarying all our events, for which, many thanks, Peter.
Old 3 Jan 2014, 14:14 (Ref:3349983)   #41
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So, as well as posh tea, his thread is stuck up as well? Lol
Old 3 Jan 2014, 15:06 (Ref:3350003)   #42
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Well it happens every 2 years !
Attached Thumbnails
hc1.jpg  
Old 3 Jan 2014, 22:36 (Ref:3350193)   #43
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
I remember the last picture Gordon. Sadly I don't need to go to the hairdressers anymore.
Been amaized tonight.Me Mrs Delta and Delta daughter watching a film then the music came up at the end and I wanted to know what it was. Daughter told me straight away, "How the Fu-k" did you know that I say. Something to do with her phone told her. That's impressive.
I see the "Rush" DVD is out on Amazon. £ 10.00. that tells a story.
Old 4 Jan 2014, 06:48 (Ref:3350246)   #44
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
John, I suspect I've covered most of the calendars although I think the AMOC might be missing. However as and when I find details I can add them in.
Old 4 Jan 2014, 08:09 (Ref:3350253)   #45
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
I remember the last picture Gordon. Sadly I don't need to go to the hairdressers anymore.
Been amaized tonight.Me Mrs Delta and Delta daughter watching a film then the music came up at the end and I wanted to know what it was. Daughter told me straight away, "How the Fu-k" did you know that I say. Something to do with her phone told her. That's impressive.
I see the "Rush" DVD is out on Amazon. £ 10.00. that tells a story.
Soundhound, I hope you're not paying her phone bill. I started watching Rush dubbed in French the other day but it was such poor quality and buffered every thirty seconds I gave up, what I saw though did look good.
Old 4 Jan 2014, 08:18 (Ref:3350254)   #46
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Does anyone know how to find out when a vehicle was manufactured? I see the historic vehicle excise licence rolls to Jan 1974 in April. My Jaguar was first registered in June 74 so in true BL tradition it may have sat in a field for a year or so before going on the road.
Old 4 Jan 2014, 08:23 (Ref:3350255)   #47
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
John, I suspect I've covered most of the calendars although I think the AMOC might be missing. However as and when I find details I can add them in.
Peter

This is the announcement received in November...

AMOC Racing – 2014 Calendar Dates Confirmed

We are pleased to be able to announce all our dates for next year – specifically the two-day meeting at Brands Hatch. These dates do all remain provisional, subject only to final confirmation once Mr Ecclestone has sorted his F1 dates:

Silverstone National: Saturday April 5th
Oulton Park International: Saturday May 10th
Donington Park National: Saturday June 7th
Brands Hatch Indy: Saturday June 28th
Brands Hatch GP: Sunday June 29th
Snetterton 300: Saturday 27th September
Old 4 Jan 2014, 08:25 (Ref:3350256)   #48
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Ford chassis plates are coded, quite simple to work out

BL??? just make it up and argue the toss!
Old 4 Jan 2014, 09:24 (Ref:3350266)   #49
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
Ford chassis plates are coded, quite simple to work out
Yes it is but you try and tell someone at DVLA that it was a certain year !
Old 4 Jan 2014, 10:08 (Ref:3350272)   #50
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
Does anyone know how to find out when a vehicle was manufactured? I see the historic vehicle excise licence rolls to Jan 1974 in April. My Jaguar was first registered in June 74 so in true BL tradition it may have sat in a field for a year or so before going on the road.
Prob Manufactured at the end of Dec but the rear bumper not fitted till beginning of Feb 'cos there was a tow bar on the order so....., manufacture completed in feb 74
Closed Thread