Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 29 Dec 2000, 11:24 (Ref:54709)   #1
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Did you get any car books for Christmas??

I scored!

Greg Moore -Legacy of Spirit

Brilliant book. Covers absolutely everything, the best photograpghy you will see. All of you folk in North America really should buy a copy, US$30, CAN$40.

Imndianapolis 500 Chronicle, by Rick Poley

416 pages, with day by day and lap by lap recounts of the Indy 500, 1911->1998. Also has pictures of every car that has raced (as photographed during qualifying) in grid order. Also has some facinatinating snippets from every year, a must.
Old 29 Dec 2000, 12:41 (Ref:54712)   #2
F1FansClub
Racer

F1FansClub should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi,

I got an F1 book as well and I'm sure my Mum and Dad went mad when we were into the sales yesterday and they saw it for £10 when they bought it for £25

It's simply called 'Formula 1 Yearbook 2000-2001' and is published by Parragon. It is 224 pages long and has a foreword by Jean Todt. I have to say that the best bit about it is the bright Jordan yellow colour that the cover has, lol. Anyway I haven't had time to sit down and read it all as I now have enough books now that will do me until next Chrimbo so I better get started. Cyaz

Ally :beerface:
Old 31 Dec 2000, 00:10 (Ref:55043)   #3
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I got the Parragon 'Formula 1 Yearbook 2000-2001' too, Ally. Luckily, I now have every edition since '97.

The photography is first class, and the data sections and race analysis are excellent. There's even a Ferrari/McLaren technical comparison, with drawings by Paolo Filisetti.

I bought myself a little pressie, too.

Doug Nye's 'Driving Ambition' is out of this world.
Written in conjunction with Gordon Murray and Ron Dennis, it goes into the most amazing detail about design, construction and testing methods.
Photographs of every stage of development, and a good section about the racing exploits, this has to be the ultimate book about the worlds most desirable car.*

All the designer conception drawings are in there, even the way the fifnished car is presented to the customer is shown - using a delivery suite!

Did you know, for example, that the first ever McLaren F1 was destroyed in testing? And that Ron Dennis had every fragment recovered, placed in a box and buried at the McLaren museum? Complete with Tombstone??

This book is a must see. If you haven't seen it, beg, borrow or steal a copy. (You might need to steal it - at £30.00!! )

Pure class.

* Just my opinion. (But still true! )
Old 31 Dec 2000, 00:19 (Ref:55051)   #4
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
I'll borrow it from a friend then.

Thanks for offering...
Old 31 Dec 2000, 00:29 (Ref:55058)   #5
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid