Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 23 Jun 2004, 03:45 (Ref:1012826)   #1
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Newbie !

Hello all.
Im a long time lurker / viewer of this site, but never registered for comments. Well I finally decided to have go! I believe that of all the Forums that are currently up and running this one seems to be the most informative *cough* and mature *cough* than others.

Anyway I enjoy reading this forum daily and hope to make some sort of positive or constructive input.

Brock / Holden guy Born and Bred
(so dont hold that against me)
Old 23 Jun 2004, 03:48 (Ref:1012827)   #2
Seton Fanatic
Racer

Seton Fanatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm also a new member here, but have been and still am a member of the Conrod.com.au forums under the same user name. I'm best known for my horrible predictions!
Old 23 Jun 2004, 06:34 (Ref:1012892)   #3
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
welcome to the forums guys , always great to have new people around , Im sure you will enjoy it here
Old 23 Jun 2004, 06:41 (Ref:1012895)   #4
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanx Marcus, I have read alot and could have posted alot of comments, but nothing of substance though.
I look forward to commenting regularly, hopefully it wont be rubbish/dribble.
Old 23 Jun 2004, 07:50 (Ref:1012951)   #5
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
G'day guys and like Marcus says, Welcome!

It's great to have a forum like this where everyone is welcome to take part; V8SC drivers and their team members, club racers, officials, other behind the scenes people and of course the punters on the hill and the ones at home watching on the TV.
Old 23 Jun 2004, 08:30 (Ref:1012989)   #6
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome guys, i hope you enjoy participating on the forums.
Old 24 Jun 2004, 11:46 (Ref:1014446)   #7
Woody75
Racer

Woody75 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Like sandgroper I was a regular reader but not poster on here for almost a year.

I dont know if anyone takes notice of me but I like to think i have some good things to say
Old 28 Jun 2004, 10:27 (Ref:1018539)   #8
amaroo
Rookie

amaroo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello !! Yet another like the new guys above long time viewer and decided to get actively involved. Life long motorsport lover, spent my whole life in and around the sport getting a " sniff ", love it. Look forward to participating and chatting with you all.
Old 28 Jun 2004, 11:16 (Ref:1018604)   #9
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Willcommen!

Quote:
Originally posted by amaroo
Hello !! Yet another like the new guys above long time viewer and decided to get actively involved. Life long motorsport lover, spent my whole life in and around the sport getting a " sniff ", love it. Look forward to participating and chatting with you all.
Hey Amaroo, heres hoping you also don't get closed down by the march of "progress"
Old 28 Jun 2004, 12:20 (Ref:1018697)   #10
Wheels
Rookie

Australia
NSW South Coast
Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Ditto the welcomes, Sandgroper. Another person from Wait Awhile will help counter some of these impulsive eastern state people. (Ouch!!!, just got hit by a meteorite......well a piece of the old Wollongong hospital anyway) . There are some very good people on this site that do give informative and unbiased views and who also sound like they know what they're talking about. And if you ever get into a verbal debate with David Patterson, never mention that you know Franklin!!!!!

Last edited by Wheels; 28 Jun 2004 at 12:22.
Old 28 Jun 2004, 23:55 (Ref:1019587)   #11
amaroo
Rookie

amaroo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Willcommen!

Quote:
Originally posted by 275 GTB-4
Hey Amaroo, heres hoping you also don't get closed down by the march of "progress"
And its unfortuante that it wont belong before my friend Oran Park will be able to sign up......
Old 29 Jun 2004, 01:41 (Ref:1019635)   #12
datman55
Rookie

datman55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's another one..... I ahve also been watching these forums on and off and felt it was time to add my 2c. Hopefully it's worth at least that much
Old 30 Jun 2004, 13:52 (Ref:1021470)   #13
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
David Towe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't wish that upon us, I think Oran Park is the best circuit in the country to race on and to spectate at, I love the flow it has and the undulating landscape is brilliant. Guess what, I'm not a fan of QR even though at this stage I've never raced there.
Ditto on the welcomes from another newbie.
Old 14 Aug 2004, 10:39 (Ref:1065900)   #14
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OP

Quote:
Originally posted by David Towe
quote:

Don't wish that upon us, I think Oran Park is the best circuit in the country to race on and to spectate at, I love the flow it has and the undulating landscape is brilliant. Guess what, I'm not a fan of QR even though at this stage I've never raced there.
Ditto on the welcomes from another newbie.
Dave, I have been going out there since it first opened when the road out was a goat track, funnily enough, nothing much has changed!! laugh:

I don't want to see it close because you are right that it does flow (although I would like to see several long overdue safety improvements...yeah...right). Not sure about whether it is the best, ain't seen em all (seen a lot though!)

It may survive but I always prepare for the worst these days :

Last edited by 275 GTB-4; 14 Aug 2004 at 10:41.
Old 15 Aug 2004, 09:52 (Ref:1066887)   #15
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
David Towe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I haven't seen them all either, but of the ones I have it is the best in my humble opinion. I've driven, Mallala, Winton, Amaroo, Oran Park, Eastern Creek, and Wakefield. Every time I'm supposed to race at Sandown some narrow minded indivdual cans the Group A half of our Association as has happened this year again.
I don't think OP would be allowed to be built by today's standards would it? They have moved the wall at the northern loop back a considerable way an made it much safer at that point. I love racing there.
Old 15 Aug 2004, 11:25 (Ref:1066968)   #16
FatBoy
Racer

FatBoy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So do i David, so do i...

datman55: Nice to see you here Mark...
Old 16 Aug 2004, 02:57 (Ref:1067708)   #17
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
Oran

Quote:
Originally posted by David Towe
I haven't seen them all either, but of the ones I have it is the best in my humble opinion. I've driven, Mallala, Winton, Amaroo, Oran Park, Eastern Creek, and Wakefield. Every time I'm supposed to race at Sandown some narrow minded indivdual cans the Group A half of our Association as has happened this year again.
I don't think OP would be allowed to be built by today's standards would it? They have moved the wall at the northern loop back a considerable way an made it much safer at that point. I love racing there.
Yep it is one of the best things in Sydney, with all its faults. Glad you enjoy racing there.

How cool would it be for the current owner to take the current layout (elevation changes and all) incorporate the necessary safety and facility changes and plonk that lot down in another location!!