Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 20 Jan 2012, 09:06 (Ref:3014449)   #51
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As approximately 99% of ALL cars entered will have been bored out,dont see why a standard size should create a problem,mostly down to the driver really.
Old 20 Jan 2012, 10:03 (Ref:3014464)   #52
dtype38
Race Official
Veteran

England
East London
dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!
I completely agree.... but when you're engine's over 45 years old, you have to try and get every advantage you can against these modern 25 year old ones!
Old 20 Jan 2012, 12:54 (Ref:3014539)   #53
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtype38 View Post
I completely agree.... but when you're engine's over 45 years old, you have to try and get every advantage you can against these modern 25 year old ones!

Younger than the driver then.
Old 20 Jan 2012, 13:11 (Ref:3014543)   #54
dtype38
Race Official
Veteran

England
East London
dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!
Oi, only just! Anyway, I'm looking forward to this event as my second support race to a 6hr Historic. The first was last year: an early sunny morning drive at Spa.
Old 20 Jan 2012, 13:17 (Ref:3014545)   #55
adam46
Racer

United Kingdom
Isle Of Wight, UK.
adam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridadam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Was that the race with a McLaren F1 GTR involved dtype38?

It only matters if it has a motor...
Old 20 Jan 2012, 14:09 (Ref:3014562)   #56
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Oi, only just! Anyway, I'm looking forward to this event as my second support race to a 6hr Historic. The first was last year: an early sunny morning drive at Spa.

Touche!

Been a few more since I wrote that.
Old 20 Jan 2012, 15:03 (Ref:3014586)   #57
dtype38
Race Official
Veteran

England
East London
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam46 View Post
Was that the race with a McLaren F1 GTR involved dtype38?
I don't believe so. I was in a 1hr support race to the Historic 6hr in September. Here's a flash though the cars in the main race: http://www.redwateruk.com/pixdisplay.html

Sorry, this is getting a bit off topic. Please excuse.
Old 23 Mar 2012, 00:22 (Ref:3046889)   #58
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Hi all

The timetable for this is now online here

42 days to go

ta
C
Old 9 Apr 2012, 00:52 (Ref:3055593)   #59
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Ok this is a gentle reminder....some of you have paid us and we are grateful...big thanks....but YOU STILL HAVE TO DO AN ENTRY FORM PEEPS!!!

SO, If you have not done an entry form for this race ...even if you have paid me...PLEASE GO ONLINE AND COMPLETE THE FORM...OR get the PDF version...fill it in...and send it to me...if you dont, come the morning of the race, you will spend all the time that you were going to have for Qualifying ....writing out the entry form...and 100 lines of "I shall not waste the lovely Race Secretarys' time again"

You have been warned
Old 9 Apr 2012, 09:52 (Ref:3055719)   #60
dtype38
Race Official
Veteran

England
East London
It's so long ago that I entered, I can't remember if I did or didn't. Can you give us a hint who is on the naughty step?
Old 9 Apr 2012, 09:54 (Ref:3055721)   #61
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Me too.
Old 10 Apr 2012, 18:33 (Ref:3056649)   #62
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I tried to complete the form today but it's asking for money and I've paid. Then I tried to find a .pdf but the only ones available are for last year.
Old 10 Apr 2012, 21:13 (Ref:3056785)   #63
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I tried to complete the form today but it's asking for money and I've paid. Then I tried to find a .pdf but the only ones available are for last year.
Peter

Fill in the form it will then say that you need to MANUALLY pay....which seeing as you already have...isnt a problem. It will NOT take you to PAYPAL anymore because we have stopped using them because we got charged a tenner for every entry for the OBS

ALL

As above its really simple, fill in the form and at the botom it will say you need to pay manually, click on that, go to the check out and it will then tell you where to directly pay....its simples.

If you have already paid, then its telling you what you already know

Done deal

In truth, I am not happy with the site builders and (although I didnt want to tell the world ...I might as well) Im currently locked in a legal battle with them over certain aspects of the site that are not satisfactory and never have been...its one thing winning an award that the MSA never even mentioned us with recognition for, but its another when the automated invoice system....is NOT automated and I end up sitting up all night mail merging....

Yours
Grumpy
Halstead
Ta
C
Old 11 Apr 2012, 00:31 (Ref:3056889)   #64
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Quote:
It's so long ago that I entered, I can't remember if I did or didn't. Can you give us a hint who is on the naughty step?

You did supply a form, You paid, You are entry 77, You even supplied your transponder I.D.

In a nutshell, you are SOOOOOOO MONEY SUPERMARKET DTYPE38
Old 11 Apr 2012, 08:33 (Ref:3056997)   #65
dtype38
Race Official
Veteran

England
East London
It's called "being organised". It's just that at my age I can't always remember if I have been or not...
Old 11 Apr 2012, 08:39 (Ref:3057000)   #66
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
It's called "being organised". It's just that at my age I can't always remember if I have been or not...
Haha, when you get near my age you wont even remember if you entered the race or not.
Old 11 Apr 2012, 13:19 (Ref:3057154)   #67
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
............what race?
Old 12 Apr 2012, 20:45 (Ref:3058022)   #68
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Cheques in the post (how many times have I heard that)
Just getting a bit of sun but eating sensibly to get to my "racing weight"
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2606.jpg   IMG_2790.jpg  
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 20 Apr 2012, 20:27 (Ref:3062804)   #69
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Claire, if you're not watching "HIGNFY" take a look on iplayer! They're talking about all the cafes with the name "Olympic" being shut down by LOCOG for infringing brand copyright. Expect a call from the thought polica
Old 21 Apr 2012, 09:14 (Ref:3063024)   #70
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Its not 1st April again is it? What nonscense yet again around this pathetic event ( I mean the games which I wouldnt cross the road to watch not the 360 which I will drive a round trip of 200 miles to watch!)
Old 21 Apr 2012, 09:32 (Ref:3063035)   #71
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
I saw it. Seriously, we stick to the title since there is no intentioin to deceive or to associate ourselves to the Olympic Games. The Little Chef Olympic Breakfast has been used for many years, predates the award of the 2012 games to London and, frankly, any change of title sounds like an episode of the BBC series '2012' ...... and that's a comedy! I wouldn't think that 360MRC is high on the Olympic organisers radar.
Old 21 Apr 2012, 09:37 (Ref:3063038)   #72
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Nope its not a joke.

In truth, I think I actually asked someone to change the title of this thread...or I might have thought about doing it. I will explain

When we first wanted to call this what we have called it, we apporached LC and told them of the idea and the fact that last year it was the Wedding Breakfast, so this year we wanted to keep with the breakfast theme in the title. Their Marketing loved the idea and there was even talk of sponsorship etc. The reason why is because Little Chef is the only one who CAN use Olympic Breakfast because long before Seb Coe won on the 6th of july that year, LC was calling its breakfast that...so thats why its the LITTLE CHEF OLYMPIC BREAKFAST SPRINT.

However, LC were trying to get Daly Thompson to be able to advertise their Olympic Breakfast this year, on radio and indeed television.,,,The IOC did their nut, said LC was exploiting the brand and legal action started (this is all public knowledge btw) LC backed down and DT was not to be seen with a sausage or an egg. They then spoke to us and said that because of the agg, IOC had also moaned about this, therefore there would be no sponsorship, no in restaurant competition about number of laps for six hour....all lost (lifes like that)

We argued that this event is associated with GT's and that Little Chef is associated with the open road and touring in the car , therefore we are not exploiting the Olympic brand, we are associating this event with a PRODUCT that has been around since 1970 odd. Our race will also be over this time in two weeks....long before Lingford,Beckham and that funny looking blonde bloke who calls himself Boris steps out in the opening ceremony.

You will note that it is just known as the OBS or Olly Breakfast Sprint on the 360 Website, we do not exploit the OLYMPIC word or 2012 or London because,believe it or not, that is all copyright protected...but I will tell you that the trophies for that race (which I am looking at now) state the full name of the race.

We are grateful to LC for their help.

Ta
C
Old 21 Apr 2012, 10:28 (Ref:3063060)   #73
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Actually just watched HIGNFY on I player......very funny...(Loved Jo Brands...."Ive got a soft spot for Clegg.......face down on Hackney Marshes") Paul Merton has lost alot of weight
Old 21 Apr 2012, 10:52 (Ref:3063069)   #74
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a farce
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 21 Apr 2012, 10:57 (Ref:3063071)   #75
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Isn't it just totally pathetic? One would have thought an event like this would in a small way promote the thing its in no way derogatory to it thats for sure. Its also an amatuer British sporting event so I fail to see the problem unless it's the dislike by those who can run and jump of any mechanised sport and participation by those that were not blessed with the physical attibutes to compete in athletic type events (like me lol!).