Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 3 Dec 2011, 09:51 (Ref:2994728)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
CSCC Race Meeting

Series to be advised.
Old 19 Apr 2012, 07:57 (Ref:3061873)   #2
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, I'm surprised that this meeting hasn't had more discussion outside the V8 race, since there were also the Swinging Sixties, Future Classics and some oldish Jaguar races. I'll put a few pit and paddock shots up later and then a few snatched racing shots from the Swinging Sixties which had a very healthy grid. In the meantime, if anyone else watched or photographed them, please post!
Old 19 Apr 2012, 08:00 (Ref:3061874)   #3
David Stallard
Racer

United Kingdom
Basildon, Essex, UK
David Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDavid Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDavid Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Well, I'm surprised that this meeting hasn't had more discussion outside the V8 race, since there were also the Swinging Sixties, Future Classics and some oldish Jaguar races. I'll put a few pit and paddock shots up later and then a few snatched racing shots from the Swinging Sixties which had a very healthy grid. In the meantime, if anyone else watched or photographed them, please post!
Agree - I posted in the CSCC section but not much in the way of responses in there either. My galleries are in the usual place (link off the CSCC homepage)

.DAVID.

You can sleep in a car BUT you can't race a house!!!
Old 19 Apr 2012, 08:05 (Ref:3061877)   #4
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We usually give the CSCC meetings a good run, or was that back in the days when I did race reports and accompanying pics! Come on guys, you didn't watch just the V8s surely.
Old 20 Apr 2012, 09:36 (Ref:3062521)   #5
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Pit & Paddock

Oh well, I'll put some pics up anyway:-
Attached Thumbnails
CSCCSnet14pril2012 151wb.jpg   CSCCSnet14pril2012 154wb.jpg   CSCCSnet14pril2012 157wb.jpg  

CSCCSnet14pril2012 159wb.jpg   CSCCSnet14pril2012 163wb.jpg   CSCCSnet14pril2012 170wb.jpg  

Old 20 Apr 2012, 09:40 (Ref:3062526)   #6
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Pit & Paddock (2)

A few more:-
Attached Thumbnails
CSCCSnet14pril2012 221wb.jpg   CSCCSnet14pril2012 222wb.jpg   CSCCSnet14pril2012 223wb.jpg  

CSCCSnet14pril2012 231wb.jpg   CSCCSnet14pril2012 425wb.jpg   CSCCSnet14pril2012 428wb.jpg  

Old 20 Apr 2012, 20:10 (Ref:3062796)   #7
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I didn't realise until perusing Youtube that the very smart Sunbeam finished its day against the armco
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 21 Apr 2012, 05:49 (Ref:3062933)   #8
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
I wasn't there unfortunately but I understand that the Snetterton meeting was almost certainly the biggest & most succesful meeting that CSCC has ever had in terms of grid sizes/ number of competitors. Entries for forthcoming meetings are also pretty impressive to the extent that the club has had to jiggle things round creatively to find space for an extra Swinging Sixties race at Brands.
Old 21 Apr 2012, 11:08 (Ref:3063081)   #9
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Andy, yes, a very big meeting - competitors cars and support vehicles extended well into what is often used as spectator parking. It was a very good meeting, at least on Saturday, and have no reason to think that Sunday wasn't either.
Old 21 Apr 2012, 14:34 (Ref:3063165)   #10
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks for the pics, John...I am missing competing with CSCC...although plans are afoot to remedy this if I can sell a few cars to finance it.....

Hopefully as things pick up a little cars will sell for slightly better money...at the moment I can buy them very cheaply but selling them again is a bit harder
Old 22 Apr 2012, 10:23 (Ref:3063555)   #11
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Swinging Sixties

A few shots from Saturday's race:-
Attached Thumbnails
CSCCSnet14pril2012 060wb.jpg   CSCCSnet14pril2012 083wb.jpg   CSCCSnet14pril2012 102wb.jpg  

CSCCSnet14pril2012 400wb.jpg   CSCCSnet14pril2012 447wb.jpg   CSCCSnet14pril2012 452wb.jpg  

Old 24 Apr 2012, 15:37 (Ref:3064974)   #12
Tom Barley
Racer

United Kingdom
UK
Tom Barley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
good pics can be seen here:

http://www.racingexposure.com/2012/c...ton/index.html
Old 24 Apr 2012, 15:46 (Ref:3064982)   #13
David Stallard
Racer

United Kingdom
Basildon, Essex, UK
David Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDavid Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDavid Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not a bad set Tom - how did you manage them as well as driving?

.DAVID.

Old 24 Apr 2012, 18:26 (Ref:3065064)   #14
retrognome
Racer

retrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok so I could only make it on Sunday but I did publish a report supported by a separate image gallery plus some in car video. I hope you don't think our magazine ignored this event.
Attached Thumbnails
Andy Wolfe Chevrolet Camaro.jpg   Bernies Corvette.jpg   David Howard overall winner Race 14.jpg  

Last edited by retrognome; 24 Apr 2012 at 18:38.
Old 24 Apr 2012, 22:32 (Ref:3065186)   #15
Podd37
Racer

Ireland
Dublin
Podd37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Thanks for the pics, John...I am missing competing with CSCC...although plans are afoot to remedy this
+ 1....the scene over here just isn't doing it for me. Hope to be back for Oulton and Donnington.
Old 26 Apr 2012, 12:55 (Ref:3065776)   #16
Tom Barley
Racer

United Kingdom
UK
Tom Barley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Stallard View Post

.DAVID.
ha! I obviously wasn't trying hard enough David!
Old 26 Apr 2012, 17:50 (Ref:3065888)   #17
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Stallard View Post

.DAVID.
Did you not know that the Hebrew for 'Wife' is "photograph taker and General Dogsbody" LOL I presume nobody is watching LOL
Old 27 Apr 2012, 14:30 (Ref:3066182)   #18
David Stallard
Racer

United Kingdom
Basildon, Essex, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMD View Post
Did you not know that the Hebrew for 'Wife' is "photograph taker and General Dogsbody" LOL I presume nobody is watching LOL
Coffee all over keyboard / screen now. . . . thanks for that

.DAVID.

Old 29 Apr 2012, 09:07 (Ref:3066832)   #19
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Swinging Sixties

'Found' a few more!:-
Attached Thumbnails
CSCCSnet14pril2012 039wb.jpg   CSCCSnet14pril2012 079wb.jpg   CSCCSnet14pril2012 084wb.jpg  

CSCCSnet14pril2012 088wb.jpg   CSCCSnet14pril2012 397wb.jpg   CSCCSnet14pril2012 458wb.jpg