Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 30 Jun 2004, 16:23 (Ref:1021630)   #1
hindy
Racer

hindy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhindy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Live LMES....

to all

a little reminder that the race is on Saturday afternoon/evening and Live on Motors Tv.

It seems just the mention of working with me is enough to get a driver in a car ...remember David Brabham was supposed to be doing the Monza race...and as many of you know Marino Franchitti has secured a drive at the Nurburgring this weekend for Sebah Porsche.

However I'm delighted to reveal that Le Mans 2003 winner Guy Smith will be joining me this weekend - so expect to see him back in the seat of a race car very soon!!

John hindhaugh
Old 30 Jun 2004, 18:09 (Ref:1021714)   #2
Cadete
Racer

Cadete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it's a long shot, but is there any chance you will be able to provide your comments through the internet like Radio Le Mans, for those of us who can't get Motors TV
Old 30 Jun 2004, 19:13 (Ref:1021762)   #3
19dodge
Veteran

19dodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yes!! please stream the audio!! i was lost last time when there was nothing to follow (Except Fab's comments on here, and the live timing and scoring)
Old 30 Jun 2004, 19:53 (Ref:1021800)   #4
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm in the UK but I will be not watching on Saturday or Monday as my cable company don't have Motor's TV in the channel line up, time to take the parents into getting Sky again.
Old 30 Jun 2004, 20:44 (Ref:1021833)   #5
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Motors do a great job - and the commentary from John is excellent.

Unlike the efforts of a certain Mr Kirby!
Old 1 Jul 2004, 01:04 (Ref:1022025)   #6
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ill be watching, the coverage was fantastic last time out at Monza, keep up the great work John its much appricated here by everyone here at ten-tenths im sure.
Old 1 Jul 2004, 08:24 (Ref:1022156)   #7
chocmonster7
Racer

United Kingdom
Darlington
chocmonster7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Live LMES....

Quote:
Originally posted by hindy
a little reminder that the race is on Saturday afternoon/evening and Live on Motors Tv.
Just when I'm having to entertain my Grandparents with a trip to the seaside.

Must remember to set the video.

Quote:

It seems just the mention of working with me is enough to get a driver in a car
Time for a change of deodorant?

Quote:

...remember David Brabham was supposed to be doing the Monza race...and as many of you know Marino Franchitti has secured a drive at the Nurburgring this weekend for Sebah Porsche.
Yay! Great news for him, we love Marino as a commentator but much prefer to see him out there.

Quote:

However I'm delighted to reveal that Le Mans 2003 winner Guy Smith will be joining me this weekend - so expect to see him back in the seat of a race car very soon!!
Guy is a great bloke (say 'Hi' to him from me!)I'm sure he'll do a fine job and as the next LMES round is the UK one I certainly hope he'll find a drive!
Old 1 Jul 2004, 15:15 (Ref:1022625)   #8
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
LMES to be aired on Channel 4

For those of u in the UK who cant get Motors TV for whatever reason u can still receive the LMES. Channel 4 will be airing a 5 part programme of this years LMES, in September. http://www.channel4.com/4car/feature/lemans/index.html Not fantastic news I know, but better than a kick in the teeth eh?

Last edited by SALEEN S7R; 1 Jul 2004 at 15:16.
Old 1 Jul 2004, 15:35 (Ref:1022638)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sounds like pretty good news to me, thanks for the heads-up Saleen.
Old 1 Jul 2004, 15:54 (Ref:1022653)   #10
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
There's already a thread on the same subject!!!!!
Old 1 Jul 2004, 20:56 (Ref:1022952)   #11
bf1
Racer

Ireland
Waterford, Ireland / Swansea, Wales
bf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Live LMES

Hi John and Hello to everybody at MotorsTV keep up the good work

Unfortunatley (sp?) I will be working on Saturday but aha I have Sky+ so I wont miss the race although I probably be watching 3hours after the start as I wont be home in time

Please Let yor Bosses know that there is a big Following of the races (although they probably know that already) although there might not be so many on the MotorsTV fourm please reassure them

Also any chance of some extra info on that GTS Porsche while ye are on air?

Thanks
bf1
Old 1 Jul 2004, 21:43 (Ref:1023021)   #12
hindy
Racer

hindy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhindy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dear all;

many thanks for the kind words.. sadly despite my best efforts I can't get SRO intrested in an internet radio service...let's hope for next year...

I'll try and find out the skinny on the GTS Porsche, however Guy and I will be in a studio in Paris not at the track so I'll be running up the phone bill making calls to anyone I know at the track...

John
Old 2 Jul 2004, 07:19 (Ref:1023351)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
May I just say what I pleasure it is to see Mr. H on this forum? (I can almost hear the accent from here..... ).
Old 2 Jul 2004, 10:55 (Ref:1023569)   #14
chocmonster7
Racer

United Kingdom
Darlington
chocmonster7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I'll try and find out the skinny on the GTS Porsche, however Guy and I will be in a studio in Paris not at the track so I'll be running up the phone bill making calls to anyone I know at the track...
Perhaps we should have a collection to buy a couple of air tickets to Germany for you both but then as people are saying the weather is cold and wet you're probably better off in a nice warm studio.
Old 2 Jul 2004, 13:02 (Ref:1023690)   #15
hindy
Racer

Quite Happy to spend a weekend in Paris... I remember when the ALMS was at the'Ring' it poured down... the Audis had a nightmare and Nishy went off... that's how bad it was!!

JH
Old 2 Jul 2004, 13:04 (Ref:1023692)   #16
hindy
Racer

By the way the show on teh LMES is being made by Audi UK and will also feature Le Mans... You might recognise a voice and a face or two in it too!

JH
Old 2 Jul 2004, 13:14 (Ref:1023705)   #17
RTH
Racer

RTH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
John : Radio Le Mans over the internet and about 8 hrs coverage live from the circuit over the LM weekend was a joy for those of us unable to get down this year . I know you will be back doing your usual splendid job for the Le Mans Classic 24 hrs do you know if we will get TV coverage on Eurosport ? I do hope so.
Old 2 Jul 2004, 13:23 (Ref:1023710)   #18
hindy
Racer

RTH

LM classic is on the 'air' at the track and on the web via Autosport.com. not 24 hour coverage as per the main race and with a much smaller crew but Gary Champion will be anchoring the shows with - I think - Lucy Nell and Stuart Colding in the pits. Unfortuately I don't get to go (again) as there's a clashing round of the ALMS (again!- grrr)..

JH
Old 2 Jul 2004, 13:24 (Ref:1023713)   #19
hindy
Racer

Sorry how could I forget Neville hay as the studio expert...

John H
Old 2 Jul 2004, 14:21 (Ref:1023752)   #20
bgeorge104
Racer

United Kingdom
London, UK
bgeorge104 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi John, is there no more web commentary for the ALMS?
Old 2 Jul 2004, 20:11 (Ref:1024041)   #21
RTH
Racer

RTH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
RTH

LM classic is on the 'air' at the track and on the web via Autosport.com. not 24 hour coverage as per the main race and with a much smaller crew but Gary Champion will be anchoring the shows with - I think - Lucy Nell and Stuart Colding in the pits. Unfortuately I don't get to go (again) as there's a clashing round of the ALMS (again!- grrr)..

JH
I shall be listening , and your delightful tones and down to earth no nonsense style we have come to know and love down the years will be sadly missed.
Old 2 Jul 2004, 23:20 (Ref:1024192)   #22
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
John - do you do your ALMS work from the track or a studio this side of the pond?

How does it work out this weekend with LMES and ALMS on the same weekend?
Old 3 Jul 2004, 13:07 (Ref:1024853)   #23
hindy
Racer

Just got into Paris so working with a French keyboard... apologies for any sp probs..

THe ALMS coverage on the web is direct from trackside at the veunue, the series has ensured the Radio Network is an integral part of the event since the 1st PLM.

The intention is to continue with that commitment this season and for the foreseeable future. A trip to www.americanlemans.com will give you free access to the archive, the Qualifying live todqy and of course the whole race live on Monday.

My original intention was to call the LMES today from Paris(Sat) then catch an early flight to the US from London getting me to Lime rock Sunday evening to do the race Monday.

Unfortunately this has not Quite turned out as expected so I will be watching the Motors TV coverage - with the Speed commentary this time - just like the rest of you...

I will be back for most of the other ALMS races, next up for me the Sears/Portland swing..

JH
Old 3 Jul 2004, 14:16 (Ref:1024899)   #24
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What times the Motors TV coverage start?

Might have to check this one out!
Old 3 Jul 2004, 14:17 (Ref:1024902)   #25
19dodge
Veteran

19dodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
isnt it on now?