Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 8 Sep 2017, 12:08 (Ref:3765389)   #16
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
very likely there will be more than 2 official porsches at le mans
Well done sir.

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/p...r-24h-le-mans/
Old 9 Sep 2017, 21:26 (Ref:3765707)   #17
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I think most WEC fans are still hiding behind the sofa haha.

There must be so much going on behind the scenes at the moment.

In the weirdest way, a small part of me wouldn't mind if Toyota did leave. Literally rip the whole thing down and start again, rather than trying and failing to balance the technologies. That would certainly make for a more intriguing battle and hopefully encourage a couple more entries out of the woodwork.

I guess if Peugeot are coming then it would be nice to see Toyota there to greet them. But it just feels like a bit much to ask for a company, especially one so snakebit at Le Mans.
You're so right there.

I guess it'll come to a gaggle of LMP1-L's against the Toyota's, who'll ofcourse cairy far more oomph no matter what BOP the ACO is planning to come up with. I'd love to see the new Acura LMP2 in LMP1-L tune. Or the Mazda, for that matter.

In my 22 years whitnessing this race, I've never seen a more uncertain and in mystery shrouded Le Mans 24 hours.

Interesting times.
Old 10 Sep 2017, 11:54 (Ref:3765842)   #18
Aysedasi
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It takes me back to the early 90s when Ecclestone and Balestre tried to exert control with engine reg changes and forced chicanes on the Mulsanne. I've no real idea what is going on and until the ACO decide what they're going to do with/to Toyota and Toyota decide whether to tell them to stuff it, I agree - we haven't really got any idea about what we'll be watching next June.
Old 10 Sep 2017, 12:03 (Ref:3765843)   #19
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
I dare say that as long as the event continues, most of us here would still go and watch whatever was out there on track.

(Heresy incoming: personally, I'd keep watching even if it went full electric/driverless...)
Old 10 Sep 2017, 12:31 (Ref:3765846)   #20
Aysedasi
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'll certainly be there Victor! Electric, maybe, as long as the spectacle on track was still up to it. Driverless? No, I'd draw the line at that......

Last edited by Aysedasi; 11 Sep 2017 at 18:49.
Old 11 Sep 2017, 17:21 (Ref:3766093)   #21
PascaLM
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM is going for a new world record!PascaLM is going for a new world record!PascaLM is going for a new world record!PascaLM is going for a new world record!PascaLM is going for a new world record!PascaLM is going for a new world record!PascaLM is going for a new world record!PascaLM is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I'll certainly be there Victor! Electric, maybe, as long as the spectacle on track was still up to it. Driver? No, I'd draw the line at that......
Ha, Andrew is changing his point of view about electric powered cars at Le Mans.
By the way, the Chinese government is close to decide to stop the production and sells of petrol cars. No date is announced yet but this will cause a worldwide revolution A full electric starting grid is now possible.

The Le Mans Classic will remain, fortunately.
Old 11 Sep 2017, 18:06 (Ref:3766112)   #22
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
What Governments say and do are very rarely the same thing, China is probably one of the lest able to provide electric power as vast swaths of the country have no connection to a national grid for electric power. Also one only has to look at the proposals from all of those countries and none ban petrol just force them to include hybrid technology. Change is coming yes but i doubt it will ever be what politicians grasping for the pc vote will ever predict.
Old 4 Oct 2017, 19:39 (Ref:3771844)   #23
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!
I am going to speculate that we will see at least two Ginettas on the grid in 2018.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2017/1...lmp1-cars.html
Old 24 Oct 2017, 12:52 (Ref:3776089)   #24
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!
More auto entries confirmed after last weekend's ELMS and Le Mans Cup action.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2017/1...ms-finale.html
Old 25 Oct 2017, 16:26 (Ref:3776403)   #25
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Toyota seem to have given an indication that the December announcement will be positive re staying in LMP1 too.
Old 25 Oct 2017, 17:18 (Ref:3776419)   #26
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I do hope that they are being serious
Old 25 Oct 2017, 21:44 (Ref:3776476)   #27
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would actually prefer Toyota to not be there - from a racing point of view, think about a pack of sorted LMP2s & the new LMP1 privateers all going for the win (and Kolles might be there too!)

Nothing against Toyota, quite the opposite; I just don't see any way them staying will end up with anything but a 2 car parade up front even with adjustment of performance.
Old 26 Oct 2017, 07:57 (Ref:3776534)   #28
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I wonder if JMW will enter two cars, or if they'll stick with the one?

For Toyota, I don't mind either way. If they stay, great, we've got a manufacturer hybrid supporting the series. If they don't, we get an old fashioned privateer battle for the win.
Old 2 Nov 2017, 20:26 (Ref:3778237)   #29
Mike E
Veteran

"Toyota Gazoo Racing has explained to DSC that the “door is wide open” for McLaren F1 driver Fernando Alonso to compete at Le Mans with it in 2018, should the Japanese manufacturer continue racing in the WEC after this season.

"http://www.dailysportscar.com/2017/11/02/6h-shanghai-thursday-paddock-notes-1.html
Old 2 Nov 2017, 21:35 (Ref:3778244)   #30
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridvincegail should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridvincegail should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hurry up making your mind up, Toyota!