Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 24 Sep 2017, 03:18 (Ref:3769520)   #16
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist has a real shot at the championship!Purist has a real shot at the championship!Purist has a real shot at the championship!Purist has a real shot at the championship!Purist has a real shot at the championship!
Good luck getting 12 cars in LMP1.

Are you combining the totals for GTE-Pro and GTE-Am?
Old 24 Sep 2017, 07:59 (Ref:3769537)   #17
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
yep 12 in each class would be great but having 4 classes in the race means that in those years that one class is thin on the ground then the field can still be full.
Old 24 Sep 2017, 09:28 (Ref:3769546)   #18
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I just want to say that the people who are in the sport are doing it all right by doing the survey
Old 24 Sep 2017, 11:09 (Ref:3769560)   #19
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
Good luck getting 12 cars in LMP1.

Are you combining the totals for GTE-Pro and GTE-Am?
I demanded 30 LMP1 doing 3:12s in Le Mans and 30 GT1 on 3:37 , if we donīt have them by end of 2018 they arenīt listening the fans.

And the Targa Florio
Old 24 Sep 2017, 15:49 (Ref:3769597)   #20
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There's no point in having 4 classes in a 30-car grid.
Old 24 Sep 2017, 16:59 (Ref:3769606)   #21
JoeW04
Racer

JoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fair play to them for putting the survey out there. Thought it was interesting they asked specifically about Adelaide, a race in Australia would be fantastic rather than racing in Shanghai with 6 people watching trackside and unsociable tv hours for us in Europe & the states anyway, if China haven't embraced the WEC now I don't think they ever will, so time to move on! 6 races with varied race lengths please & a Le Mans finale
Old 24 Sep 2017, 17:20 (Ref:3769608)   #22
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTF110 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTF110 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTF110 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeW04 View Post
Fair play to them for putting the survey out there. Thought it was interesting they asked specifically about Adelaide, a race in Australia would be fantastic rather than racing in Shanghai with 6 people watching trackside and unsociable tv hours for us in Europe & the states anyway, if China haven't embraced the WEC now I don't think they ever will, so time to move on! 6 races with varied race lengths please & a Le Mans finale
Check the attendance figures for Shanghai. It's actually pretty high. And when they show the stands, there's so many of them (like COTA), you would have trouble filling them all even if F1 is in town. There's talk about a Chinese manufacturer joining the lmp1 ranks with DC racing. If that happens, Shanghai really isn't going anywhere
Old 25 Sep 2017, 00:19 (Ref:3769662)   #23
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Check the attendance figures for Shanghai. It's actually pretty high. And when they show the stands, there's so many of them (like COTA), you would have trouble filling them all even if F1 is in town. There's talk about a Chinese manufacturer joining the lmp1 ranks with DC racing. If that happens, Shanghai really isn't going anywhere
Doesn't the government plummet the costs of tickets to get butts in seats at Shanghai?
Old 25 Sep 2017, 06:45 (Ref:3769690)   #24
Redlake27
Racer

Redlake27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There were two questions that raised an eyebrow....

1) 6h Sochi being on the list of possible future events to 'vote' for. No thanks.

2) 'Should DPi replace LMP1' Surprised at such frankness in an ACO survey.
Old 25 Sep 2017, 10:07 (Ref:3769709)   #25
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
And it didn't ask questions about having a two seasons in one
Old 25 Sep 2017, 10:20 (Ref:3769713)   #26
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would imagine the reason some tracks have WEC races is the same as other series, they are being tendered out by the WEC organisers to the highest bidders.

Every sport these days is trying to be like the Olympics and take the sport to new areas. But this is mainly due to them bidding more and being sought out by aggressive series marketeers pushing for more money from tourist boards.

It can work with some racing, notably MotoGP where the huge funding given to the Asian scene is seeing huge crowds in places like Malaysia and Thailand, simply because there are riders involved and they have won races.

But going to China with WEC seems great on paper. Until you realise there is no real interest. It's the same as F1 going to Korea, India, Singapore. The crowd at Singapore is largely ex pats as it is for MotoGP in Qatar and F1 in Abu Dhabi.

Nothing wrong with that, but to hide it behind a veneer of spreading the word is wrong, for a series that struggles to engage anything more than a few thousand uber fans other than for once a year, they need to go where there is support. The series, especially now, is struggling as it is, so spreading wings is not the thing to do right now
Old 25 Sep 2017, 14:00 (Ref:3769746)   #27
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AoB Special Stage View Post
Doesn't the government plummet the costs of tickets to get butts in seats at Shanghai?
Qatar hired Spanish fans for a IHF Handball World Championship...
Old 25 Sep 2017, 14:11 (Ref:3769751)   #28
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A lot of pointless questions I think. The survey was too large. They are going to get junk answers to a lot of them.

I think the big question was which class interests you the most. I responded with GTE pro.
Old 26 Sep 2017, 11:01 (Ref:3769903)   #29
Brake dust
Racer

United States
Brake dust should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thought the survey was good. Anytime we can be heard - that's a good thing. Liked the questions on classes and tracks. Also there were questions with free text responses. I too would like Adelaide. My favourite is GTE Pro but something has to be done to move away from BOP - but not sure how. The cache is with the LMP1 hybrids - but the 2020 rules are contrived. They had it right for 2014.
Old 27 Sep 2017, 06:56 (Ref:3770062)   #30
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake dust View Post
Thought the survey was good. Anytime we can be heard - that's a good thing. Liked the questions on classes and tracks. Also there were questions with free text responses. I too would like Adelaide. My favourite is GTE Pro but something has to be done to move away from BOP - but not sure how. The cache is with the LMP1 hybrids - but the 2020 rules are contrived. They had it right for 2014.
100% in agreement.