Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 30 Aug 2006, 17:45 (Ref:1697805)   #1
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
1/18 Minichamps orange McLaren's are here.

Finally, the 1/18 Minichamps orange McLarens are here. The livery McLaren should be running, instead of the idiotic tin foil they use, can now be taken home!

Unfortunately, it seems that the Juan Pablo Montoya and Kimi Raikkonen versions are cancelled. However, the 2006 McLaren is being produced with the orange livery and these will include Montoya and Raikkonen.

Pedro de la Rosa

Gary Paffett

I'm happy in a way as it has saved me £90 and a little space. I was wondering where to put four cars!
Old 30 Aug 2006, 22:14 (Ref:1698110)   #2
J-C
Racer

England
Northants, UK
J-C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the Kimi and JPM orange MP4-20's were cancelled because neither actually got to test one - they both went straight in with the orange MP4-21, which is what they're making instead. Models look good anyway, am looking forward to the Paffett car arriving.
Old 30 Aug 2006, 22:24 (Ref:1698114)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think you are right there J-C. Had a look and could find no pictures of JPM or Kimi in the MP4-20.
Old 31 Aug 2006, 19:29 (Ref:1698770)   #4
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really, really, really, really, really, really dont think I have enough money for them....
Old 31 Aug 2006, 19:34 (Ref:1698776)   #5
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Get a 1/43 one then!
Old 2 Sep 2006, 00:23 (Ref:1699644)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Hmmm....these seem to be very rare. Was looking at Trax earlier and they are sold out. And eBay has just one or two. Usually you get a few in the first weeks.

Wonder what these are limited to and what prices they will go for on eBay in the coming weeks?
Old 2 Sep 2006, 13:01 (Ref:1700038)   #7
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
TRAX still have the Gary Paffett one in stock. And GPL have both in stock (unless you one of the people that avoid them)
Old 2 Sep 2006, 19:53 (Ref:1700187)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

GPL will tell you they have them in stock, take your order, charge you, discover they are out of stock and not tell you anyways.

Oops, did I just say that?
Old 5 Sep 2006, 16:16 (Ref:1702452)   #9
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Well, got them here with me.

Limited to 504 each, which surprised me. That is very sparse for what will be a popular edition.

But it is better that way!
Old 6 Sep 2006, 15:10 (Ref:1703385)   #10
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yep guess so. Guess they'll go for quite a bit on ebay!
Old 6 Sep 2006, 18:38 (Ref:1703583)   #11
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Yeah, I am regretting not buying a few extra.
Old 6 Sep 2006, 19:41 (Ref:1703674)   #12
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Keep them then sell them on...am selling bit of motorsport stuff (and other bits and pieces) before moving, does nicely all the old racing stuff from a few years ago!
Old 6 Sep 2006, 19:58 (Ref:1703703)   #13
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I don't know if I could sell them. I like the colour too much.

I almost slept with one last night.

But seriously, I think I will get a few extra of the next orange McLarens. And with those being JPM and Kimi cars, their last McLarens, they should rocket in value, unless they decide to make loads of them.
Old 10 Sep 2006, 15:15 (Ref:1706929)   #14
Suze
Veteran

England
Ah well they're just models....

I want my Dad to sell his collection of Jordans - he has every one since the start - think they'd be worth quite a bit.

Keep the orange McLarens knowlesy and sell them in a couple of years. Until then, you can keep sleeping with them, just be careful not to damage them now
Old 15 Sep 2006, 06:34 (Ref:1710696)   #15
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
These are the cars they tested in between the 05 and 06 seasons yes?
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 15 Sep 2006, 07:52 (Ref:1710733)   #16
Suze
Veteran

England
From memory think your dates are right, yes. Do a search in the F1 forum because there was at least one thread about them in there.
Old 15 Sep 2006, 18:34 (Ref:1711295)   #17
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

That is correct Chatters.
Old 16 Sep 2006, 08:37 (Ref:1711664)   #18
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would buy one of those orange Mclarens except I have nowhere to put it! I prefer the 'tin foil' look anyway, it is a very good-looking car close-up.
Old 16 Sep 2006, 08:41 (Ref:1711667)   #19
Suze
Veteran

England
See if Knowles can do you a good deal
Old 16 Sep 2006, 09:15 (Ref:1711686)   #20
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

The livery I prefer is the Johnnie Walker livery from last season. That has to be the best looking car in the world.

The orange one is a close second.

The tin foil car is ludicrous. I did like that at first, but now it just grates. Make a decent car before painting it garishly for heavens sake! Although it does look better in the flesh.

No deals Suze!
Old 16 Sep 2006, 09:55 (Ref:1711732)   #21
Suze
Veteran

England
I'll give you £10?!
Old 16 Sep 2006, 10:08 (Ref:1711743)   #22
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

For both? Yeah, sounds good.
Old 16 Sep 2006, 10:15 (Ref:1711749)   #23
Suze
Veteran

England
Great deal on!
Old 17 Sep 2006, 12:40 (Ref:1712265)   #24
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
The livery I prefer is the Johnnie Walker livery from last season. That has to be the best looking car in the world.

The orange one is a close second.

The tin foil car is ludicrous. I did like that at first, but now it just grates. Make a decent car before painting it garishly for heavens sake! Although it does look better in the flesh.

No deals Suze!
I prefer the 05 livery for sure, but the 'chrome' livery this season is excellent. It doesn't look great on the camera from a distance, but close-up shots make it look excellent. The whole car is good-looking, just not as fast as it looks
Old 17 Sep 2006, 13:46 (Ref:1712301)   #25
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

It is nice close up yes. But, we don't get to see that much.

Bring back West, all is forgiven. Stupid tobacco laws.