Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 27 Mar 2012, 22:37 (Ref:3049725)   #1
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Schumacher vs Rosberg Reloaded: The Return of the Jedi

Ummm... now that Michael is on a good track this season against Nico I think is a good time to put some data (before things turn wrong again)

In the table, positive means Schuey is faster. All the numbers are gaps in seconds in every session.
Code:
        Fri1  Fri2  Sat1   Q1    Q2    Q3    FL   Median Score 
 =============================================================	 
| AUS   +0.4  +3.0  -0.1  +0.2  -0.1  +0.4  -3.1   +0.2   4-3 |
| MAL   -0.0  +0.2  -0.8  +0.2  -0.0  +0.3  +0.1   +0.1   4-3 |
                       R E S U M E
| Med   +0.2  +1.6  -0.45 +0.2  -0.05 +0.35 -1.5  +0.15  8-0 |
| Score  1-1   2-0   0-2   2-0   0-2   2-0   1-1   2-0   8-6 |
Old 27 Mar 2012, 22:42 (Ref:3049728)   #2
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Well, you don't really know what they were doing in free practice, so it's probably not that reflective of each drivers overall pace.
Old 28 Mar 2012, 00:51 (Ref:3049793)   #3
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
I don't say anything, I just put the numbers ;-)

(Tell Norbert & Ross that I don't say anything, I don't want any trouble the next time I go to the paddock)
Old 28 Mar 2012, 01:20 (Ref:3049796)   #4
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I tell them, it's ok.
Old 28 Mar 2012, 09:26 (Ref:3049919)   #5
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You get the feeling that Schuey's gravitas has enabled him to persuade Mercedes to develop the W03 in his favour...

Blinding fast in qualifying, but looks pretty average ala last year, in the race...
Old 28 Mar 2012, 17:32 (Ref:3050133)   #6
ljakse
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
ljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I must say I expected TGF to be closer to, or faster than Nico.
Not because I expected him to get his old skill back, but simply because it's a new car, completely made to his likings.
Old 28 Mar 2012, 23:06 (Ref:3050251)   #7
Oran Park Forever
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
Oran Park Forever should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOran Park Forever should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOran Park Forever should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
One thing's for sure..........

Nico ain't no Keke!!!

Maybe if he recognises his Dad's heritage he can gain some Finnish "Sisu"!
Then he can go from being the "German Gerbil" to the "Flying Finn MkII"

Old 28 Mar 2012, 23:50 (Ref:3050261)   #8
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Nico is a bit leonardodicaprioish while Michael is a bit "replicant-like"

The low side of it is both of them ended badly (in the respective movies)
Old 29 Mar 2012, 00:17 (Ref:3050267)   #9
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schummy View Post

Wonderful analogy...
Old 29 Mar 2012, 03:36 (Ref:3050288)   #10
HDTVKSS
Veteran

HDTVKSS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so perhaps im not the only one who thinks that the biggest issue with the Merc is the pilot(s)??
Old 29 Mar 2012, 04:06 (Ref:3050290)   #11
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTVKSS View Post
so perhaps im not the only one who thinks that the biggest issue with the Merc is the pilot(s)??
What has their corporate jet got to do with the F1 team?
Old 29 Mar 2012, 04:08 (Ref:3050291)   #12
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTVKSS View Post
May have a point with Rosberg so far this season as he's been terrible in both races. Not sure how much we can judge Schumacher though as his car broke whilst running well in third at Australia and was punted whilst in 4th at Malaysia. He didn't even struggle as much back in the pack as say - Button or Massa did and all three had their own problems.
Old 29 Mar 2012, 09:32 (Ref:3050335)   #13
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schummy View Post

Hmmm, what's with all the movie references? I thought that it was meant to be 'Return of the Jedi'. If so, is Ross Brawn 'the Emperor'?

I can see it now :-

Brawn : "I do hope that young Rosberg, has not found out about the F-Duct DRS system being different in his car."

On a more serious note, I think that it took Schumi some time to get accustomed to F1 racing, as he had been away for so long(especially if you consider that Kimi was only away for a couple of years).

It is too early to say about the current Mercedes team. Schumi does look stronger. The car however, does look like it is is setup for qualifying rather than race pace. That might help out at Monaco, but other races, well.
Old 16 Apr 2012, 00:10 (Ref:3059937)   #14
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

GP 3 China: Rosberg apotheosis

Mercedes seems now to be on top of things. They are knocking the door of Mac world to enter and be the current stronger F1 team.

Speaking of knocking things, the Reds had an alarming qualy and first part of the race, in the edge of the ridiculous. But at the end they saved the day with a very good shape. I am sure Newey&Cia have not forgotten how to race. Special kudos to Seb for a great save in a bad weekend.

But I am drifting from the MS-NR quest.
Code:
        Fri1  Fri2  Sat1   Q1    Q2    Q3    FL   Median Score 
| AUS   +0.4  +3.0  -0.1  +0.2  -0.1  +0.4  -3.1   +0.2   4-3 |
| MAL   -0.0  +0.2  -0.8  +0.2  -0.0  +0.3  +0.1   +0.1   4-3 |
| CHI   -0.2  +0.6  -0.1  +0.1  -0.1  -0.6  -3.1   -0.1   2-5 | 
                       R E S U M E
| Med   -0.0  +0.6  -0.1  +0.2  -0.1  +0.3  -3.1   +0.1   3-4 |
| Score  1-2   3-0   0-3   3-0   0-3   2-1   1-2    2-1  10-11|
Extremely close numbers. Michael retain a scarce laptime advantage of +0"1, although Nico won this round.

Well done for Nico, but Michael is watching him closely. At the moment there is not anything between them in laptimes, so the car seems to be equally adapted to both of them. This looks to be a great season for Mercedes, and the definitive test in the top to decide between MS and NR.
Old 16 Apr 2012, 01:26 (Ref:3059955)   #15
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well done for both, TGF and Nico ! Here comes Mercedes !
Old 16 Apr 2012, 03:51 (Ref:3059990)   #16
brown dog
Racer

brown dog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbrown dog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One of the best races for a long time! Nico was in a different league in Q3 . Just felt bad that Schuey got screwed by the pitstop, second place looked like it was his for the taking.
Old 16 Apr 2012, 07:01 (Ref:3060022)   #17
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brown dog View Post
One of the best races for a long time! Nico was in a different league in Q3 . Just felt bad that Schuey got screwed by the pitstop, second place looked like it was his for the taking.
I think you're right. What a megga result that would have been for the team, the top two steps on the podium...
Old 16 Apr 2012, 08:06 (Ref:3060045)   #18
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
I felt sorry for Michael yesterday, but think he'd have been fending Jenson off for 2nd, wouldn't have had a chance at catching Nico.

When interviewed after quali on saturday, he said that he'd said "well done" over the radio, but i thought he'd said "not bad" in a jokey sort of way, but whatever he said he sounded as shocked as hell when told he was half a second off Nico's time.
Old 16 Apr 2012, 10:12 (Ref:3060097)   #19
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brown dog View Post
what goes around, comes around.
I have this recurring thought that somewhere there is an unseen force, not letting TGF retire until 'things' have evened themselves out across his entire career
Old 16 Apr 2012, 13:27 (Ref:3060219)   #20
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
what goes around, comes around.
I have this recurring thought that somewhere there is an unseen force, not letting TGF retire until 'things' have evened themselves out across his entire career
Wow, that would take a long time...
Old 16 Apr 2012, 14:28 (Ref:3060257)   #21
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Probably he would have to drive for HRC a couple of seasons for that "karmical" purpose.
Old 16 Apr 2012, 14:46 (Ref:3060273)   #22
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It depends how broadly you view karma. I think on the whole, Michael's is already positive.
Old 16 Apr 2012, 14:51 (Ref:3060277)   #23
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

I mean F1 karma: like in how-good-are-the-cars-you-drive-in-your-career ;-) . Poor Gilles had a very bad luck, he got killed before his huge karmical compensation.
Old 16 Apr 2012, 19:02 (Ref:3060431)   #24
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Excellent stuff by Rosberg this weekend, a true bounce back by Nico after a poor couple of races.

I've been feeling sorry for Michael all season so far, he could easily be in the top 4 or 5 of the championship if the luck had gone his way in all 3 races.
Old 16 Apr 2012, 21:53 (Ref:3060525)   #25
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

TGF is lucky... in every way.